Saint-Louis de Kent, NB, Canada
First Name
Rino
Last Name
Granito
Member #

Got my first Toyota land cruiser

lc-1997.png

Sight unseen. It was a good purchase, but still I had an itch, one that pushed me to toss logic aside and get emotional on the LC. Of course this means goodies for the LC, however I do not have an unlimited budget, my CFO is very watchful especially of my late night purchasing sprees.. ;-).. I was moderate, I went with Dobinson 3 inch lift lift with flexi coils and Dobinson shocks, dobinson-coils-front.jpg

I also got caster correction , track bar, brake extension swaybar extension and some breathers. There is still some work left to be done. Well I must confess, that a nice set of eHarrop lockers front and rear would enhance this trucks performance. So yes. I bought them along with Nitro Ring and Pinon regeared to 4.56. Electric locking, not the best in terms of being very technical, since you will need a quarter turn to unlock or lock , but for an overlander, this is great.

eharrop-locker.jpg

There is still stuff being worked on.. will post as soon as I can

GreyMudder

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Rino
Last Name
Granito
Member #

The front bumper which is a trail- gear was Linexed and looks great. However I am starting to have doubts as to the fitment. Our first try showed this bumper too far forward. Work on it next week and see how things goes, but Im not feeling great about this. BTW the guys at Dobinson where great very helpful and got things moving for me. All parts and labor bought and paid for out of my pocket nothing sponsored. My shop in Montreal is Mad 4x4 and Adam is great to work with.. I will draft a build sheet and post it as soon as I can.

bumper-1.jpg

GreyMudder

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Rino
Last Name
Granito
Member #

well Im running into a bit of problem with my front bumper. I feel it sits way to much forward, thus putting additional stress on the mounts points of the bumper, as well as not looking the part.

front-bumper-1.jpg

Reactions: renodemona

13ADVXterra

Rank 0

Contributor I

PA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Moores
watching. I've recently come down with the land cruiser bug...i think its permanent. nice start!