US West Usal Beach - Klamath River - Horse Ridge - Overland Trailer Trip

• HTML tutorial

ProtonDecay

Rank V

Influencer II

In my mind I am always at a remote high-elevation lake surrounded by snowcapped peaks.
First Name
Derek
Last Name
Riehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6NUI

Family friendly overland trailer trip to Usal Beach (2 nights), Klamath River (2 nights) and Horse Ridge. This trip is organized around those with trailers, but all overlanders are welcome to join in. Campfires most nights and possibly a potluck or two. Days will be organized on the fly, but there does seem to be interest in a run to Fern Canyon once we get settled on the Klamath River.

Reactions: TrailHawkGuy

ProtonDecay

Rank V

Influencer II

In my mind I am always at a remote high-elevation lake surrounded by snowcapped peaks.
First Name
Derek
Last Name
Riehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6NUI
Interested but could probably only due Fri-Sun.
That's fine - the route allows you to join us pretty much anytime. Current plan is Friday night along the bank of the Klamath River around 3 miles east of the town of Klamath. Give me a call on 408-480-9583 on that Friday to confirm. I'll also do my best to post any updates here. What time might we expect you?

ProtonDecay

Rank V

Influencer II

First Name
Derek
Last Name
Riehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6NUI
Quick update - currently 7-9 rigs (only a couple on the Attendee list because this trip started out as an overland trailer event that I've since extended to all of OB - no worries - we're all friendly folks :-) ). Long range forecast is for clear weather, partly cloudy on the coast, highs in the low 60's, lows in the high 40's. Should be about perfect for a fall trip!

ProtonDecay

Rank V

Influencer II

First Name
Derek
Last Name
Riehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6NUI
Hello All, just a quick note that I've made a couple of changes. 1) Meetup is now on the safer side of Highway 101, in the parking lot of the now closed Geiger's Long Valley Market. 2) The .gpx file has been enhanced to include fuel stops, regrouping spots, and 24 hour emergency care locations. Cheers, D