Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Ok gents for you techies out there. a question.

Is it possible to link your Instagram to your OB Member Profile etc so when you post on Instagram it comes up on OB somewhere in the same way you can link it to say your Facebook page.

And is it possible to do the same in reverse in that a post on OB comes up on your Instagram.

Just trying to avoid having to submit a single post numerous times just to get it out there.

Thanks

16237705_1438408549516959_748868338_n.jpg

ASNOBODY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate II

Detroit, Michigan
Member #

Ok gents for you techies out there. a question.

Is it possible to link your Instagram to your OB Member Profile etc so when you post on Instagram it comes up on OB somewhere in the same way you can link it to say your Facebook page.

And is it possible to do the same in reverse in that a post on OB comes up on your Instagram.

Just trying to avoid having to submit a single post numerous times just to get it out there.
I'm guessing no…BUT, you can absoluetly plan posts in advance through several scheduling and planning apps. I've used Later, Latergramme, UNUM and Planoly. Each has it's drawbacks of course. Then it's just a matter of copy and paste. I believe Instagram is only paired to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and Flickr (for obvious reasons *coughZuckerbergcough*) …but don't quote me on that. You can copy the link to your Instagram post from within Instagram as well and just post it in here.

Honestly though when it comes to web content I think that if people are following you on multiple platforms it's nice to change it up and have the content delivered a bit differently each time. Makes it fresh ya know. Also, it's not really that hard to Ctrl C / CtrlV everything in life these days anyway so I rarely use any of those planning or scheduling apps. Just my 2¢ :)

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
I'm guessing no…BUT, you can absoluetly plan posts in advance through several scheduling and planning apps. I've used Later, Latergramme, UNUM and Planoly. Each has it's drawbacks of course. Then it's just a matter of copy and paste. I believe Instagram is only paired to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and Flickr (for obvious reasons *coughZuckerbergcough*) …but don't quote me on that. You can copy the link to your Instagram post from within Instagram as well and just post it in here.

Honestly though when it comes to web content I think that if people are following you on multiple platforms it's nice to change it up and have the content delivered a bit differently each time. Makes it fresh ya know. Also, it's not really that hard to Ctrl C / CtrlV everything in life these days anyway so I rarely use any of those planning or scheduling apps. Just my 2¢ :)
Thanks that is kind of what I thought regarding this but wanted to be sure.

The main issue I have with multiple platforms like Instagram, Facebook, OB Forum and in my case many Land Rover forums is you forget what you posted where and struggle to find it if someone on one of the other platforms hears about it. And of course the other way when you remember a post from the past, you now need the information but have no idea where it was posted but that is a different issue for me

I guess it is time for me to decide on a primary platform to avoid my own confusion

Reactions: finlayforprez

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Thanks that is kind of what I thought regarding this but wanted to be sure.

The main issue I have with multiple platforms like Instagram, Facebook, OB Forum and in my case many Land Rover forums is you forget what you posted where and struggle to find it if someone on one of the other platforms hears about it. And of course the other way when you remember a post from the past, you now need the information but have no idea where it was posted but that is a different issue for me

I guess it is time for me to decide on a primary platform to avoid my own confusion
I agree! It's so hard for me to keep track!