• HTML tutorial

Iubootgater

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Greenwood IN
Member #

Well only took a few months to get pic up but I didn't have any shots of the mule so went out to vist my old workplace and got a couple...

last shot was a trail I started down but when I got out to scout ahead the two big downed trees on the fire trail kinda killed that idea.... Have to take chainsaw next time I guess :blush:

sasirmon

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler I

Been following Overland Bound for awhile and finally decided to join. I'm the odd one around here I guess. I drive a 2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71 for now. Looking at selling it to pay for a 2500 Suburban.

Mods Include:                                                                                                                                          I built the Front Bumper, Rear Bumper, Roof Rack, and Rock Sliders.                             Safari Snorkel for an 80 series, Spectre Intake, Bully Dog Programmer, Summit Racing X-Pipe, Flowmaster Super 40, Black Rock 17x8 steel wheels, 34" Goodyear MT/R, Coilover Conversion on front with QA1 Coilover shocks and Hyperco springs, Skyjacker Lift Springs in back, Bilstein 5100 Series Shocks, Viair 380C Air Compressor with 2.5 Gallon Tank and Air Couplers on both front and rear bumpers, Smittybilt X20 12K Comp Series Winch, 30" LED Light Bar, 20" LED Light Bar, 60" Hi-Lift, LED Tail Lights, HID Headlights, LED Corner Lights.

sasirmon

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler I

6999 said:
Awesome rig! @ Steven…I like the switch set up.
Thanks! The switches have green leds inside that illuminate the label so when it's  dark you can look down and read the switch still, and when you switch the circuit on the icon on switch lights up too.

Roamernate

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler I

Noblesville
Member #

Hello every on this is my Rig 2005 4Runner. I'm in the diddle of mods. the it will be changing. It has an OME 2.5" lift with HD springs, Sliders, New Head unit with nave and rear view camera, CB, roof basket. I working on mounts for tools and light bar. I'm also in the middle of making skid plates. Future in the design stage are front and rear bumpers. front will have a winch and the rear will have swing out tire, tool and Jerry can mounts.

Nate

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
7170 said:
Hello every on this is my Rig 2005 4Runner. I’m in the diddle of mods. the it will be changing. It has an OME 2.5″ lift with HD springs, Sliders, New Head unit with nave and rear view camera, CB, roof basket. I working on mounts for tools and light bar. I’m also in the middle of making skid plates. Future in the design stage are front and rear bumpers. front will have a winch and the rear will have swing out tire, tool and Jerry can mounts. Nate
I love this rig! Where did you get the custom toggle switches? They look great!

M

wjwhitsel03

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Contributor I

Here's my work in progress, this weekends projects include painting newly acquired cap, installing 24in lightbar in bumper, and routine maintaince. Future plans include finishing a suzuki samurai project and selling that to buy the frontier off-road bumpers and rooftop tent, that will hopefully sit on a salvage find stock terra roof rack to look fluid front to back. 50in lightbar for roof and head unit with navigation also in near future. Hoping 2in suspension lift within the next year.

And the sweetest mod coming is my overland bound emblem.

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Hi All, Just discovered this sight this morning and it is refreshing to see new sights like this in their primal stages. I enjoy sharing ideas, experiences, and just plain BSing about our adventures, your adventures, our rig, and your rigs..

BTW,, it is a 96 Series 80 LX450.  Front and rear stock e-lockers, and the 7 pin mod to lock up the differential. 2.5" OME  heavy lift. with "J" springs up front. Slee sliders, rear bumper, and Shortbus bumper up front. 9,500 lb Superwinch up front all sitting atop 285/75/16 BFG ATs.

I built my own drawer system in the rear, doing a
way with the third row seats, and have upgraded the stereo system, with all new speakers powered by a Kenwood head unit, along with a 250 watt powered subwoofer.

We enjoy backcountry  camping, wheeling, hiking and backpacking and this 80 series suits our needs/wants perfectly. I decided years ago that instead of top racks, that it would be better for us to pull a trailer, so I built one. It is very light, keeps our cog very low,  and we have the freedom to venture into places one might not get to with all that excess weight on the cruiser.  I'm looking forward to enjoying many years of overlanding as we continue to explore all the back country nooks and crannies of North America.  So once again,,, hello everyone, be good, do good, have a great day !!

Reactions: 9Mike2

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

I'll toss mine in the Members Rides thread. Completely different from any of y'alls rigs, but surprisingly capable. It is a 2008 Subaru Outback 2.5 XT (turbo) Limited 5-speed manual, with 34,000 miles on the odometer. Stock, it has 8.7" ground clearance. Mine will be 10" when I upgrade struts, spacers, and tires.

Plans are struts, spacers, skid plate, lights, 2" receiver hitch (bought, not installed), Hella Supertone horns, Rally Armor mud flaps, light bar. The nearing out the rear seat and building storage for fridge, water, etc.