• HTML tutorial

Livingthebuslife

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Eureka, CA
Member #

Here's my rig.
2014 JKUR 3½" Rubicon Express, Synergy Ball joints, Artec front axle truss, Rockhard Full skid plates, 37" BFG t/a ko2, Smittybilt bumpers, Harbor Freight 12,000 lb Badland winch, Supertuner trails dash, 63 qt refrigerator, and other stuff that I can't think of right now.View attachment 10079 View attachment 10080 View attachment 10082 View attachment 10083
Awesome rig @Harpblower!
Did you regear for the 37's? If not, how does it feel and what are the pros and cons in your experience?
My 33" duratracs will need replacement in the next year or so and I'm debating between 35's or 37's.
I know 4 low shouldn't be a problem given the Rubicons center diff gearing. Wondering how it effects driveability in 2 and 4 hi

Harpblower #2575

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Vasquez Canyon, California
Member #

Awesome rig @Harpblower!
Did you regear for the 37's? If not, how does it feel and what are the pros and cons in your experience?
My 33" duratracs will need replacement in the next year or so and I'm debating between 35's or 37's.
I know 4 low shouldn't be a problem given the Rubicons center diff gearing. Wondering how it effects driveability in 2 and 4 hi
I've got the 6 speed stick and stock gearing. Driving around doesn't seem to be to bad. I do have to drop to 5 on the grade coming home from work, 4th if there is a head wind. Not sure how it would effect an automatic transmission. The BFG's say 37" but they are closer to 35¾". I'm running the stock wheels with an 1½" spacer. They rub a little at full lock on the frame at the back of the wheel well. With the 4to1 low range and 4.10 gears it's not to bad on the trail. I did the Rubicon Trail in August and it did just fine.20160807_164752.jpg

pdxplorer15

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Beaverton, OR
Member #

Really enjoying getting a look at everyone's rigs. I made it through about 20 pages, but plan on going through all of this thread. The variety is incredible and it's amazing to see the creativity in the builds.

Here's my '15 4Runner TEP after messing around my with my rack layout last weekend. Still trying to decide where I want things and honestly not wild about having much of that stuff up there. Lacking any good options for mounting elsewhere, this'll have to do for now. Near-term (w/in the next year) plans are to add some sliders, better skids, front/bumper winch and a few other doodads and whatnots. I'm also designing my own storage system for the back, which I hope to have finished and built by early this spring. Lots more planned beyond that, as time and funding allows.

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
View attachment 10364
@Graham That bed box setup is really slick. Love the built in space for your pups.
Not really for pups the middle box is for my gundog and the side opening doors for my. Terriers but everthing doubles up as storage for work and leasure , good thing is that set of draws has been transferred off and on 4 nissan navaras then into 2 isuzu d max , the top but did not fit the dmax So a new one was built but i got a good price for the used one i would never go back to fibreglass The constrution lasts unlike snugtops

Reactions: pdxplorer15

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

Hey all the more space to fit out and carry gear our trucks need to be small as we have small roads ,entry and exsits.
That's one thing we are lucky with.. Roads are generally plenty wife for full size vehicles on most occasions.

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
image.jpeg image.jpeg
View attachment 10364
Not really for pups the middle box is for my gundog and the side opening doors for my. Terriers but everthing doubles up as storage for work and leasure , good thing is that set of draws has been transferred off and on 4 nissan navaras then into 2 isuzu d max , the top but did not fit the dmax So a new one was built but i got a good price for the used one i would never go back to fibreglass The constrution lasts unlike snugtops
just a few pics of my draw system

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
Man there is some cool rigs here. I'm working on outfitting mine. View attachment 10619I've done a small suspension lift front and back, built a rack,View attachment 10620and some sliders. View attachment 10621I still have tons of things that I want to build/buy. But I think I'm off to a good start.
I really like these taco's Great looking pick up i had a hi lux under powerd in my opinion and only 5 gears , The short bed would suitme I vistit tacoma world site some great looking trucks get some more on here like the ford aswell

Maxterra

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

West Haven, Utah
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Horting
Member #

Mine has gone through a couple of pretty major rebuilds the last couple of years.
First one consisted of basically changing out Everything, less the front spindles for the "Titan swap" of the suspension.
That requires converting over to Titan truck components (direct bolt-in [emoji106])
The front m205 diff, lca's, cv's, tie rod ends, aftermarket uca's, and then adding Titan swap specific coilovers to the setup to give you over 2" in width per side and almost doubling wheel travel to close to 11"!
New heavier Alcan springs in the rear with tuned Fox remote rez shocks, timbren bumpstops F&R, radflo hyd bumpstops in front to boot.
Heavier M226 rear axle (d44 variant) w e-locker. Front ARB air locker.

Then last spring I pulled diffs again and switched to 4:56's so I could run 35's. 2" body lift for clearance. Cst aluminum radiator, 200a alternator. Air horns to compliment my viAir oba system.

I've built all of my own armor, less the gobi ladder.
I occasionally run a Cvt RTT when I need it.
Still need to install the national luna dual battery system and odyssey batteries, but always too backlogged with bumper orders[emoji848]

About ready to pick up a frontier or new Titan I'm thinking for the next project.

Last edited:

Justin Forrest

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shoreline, Wa
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Forrest
Member #

Mine has gone through a couple of pretty major rebuilds the last couple of years.
First one consisted of basically changing out Everything, less the front spindles for the "Titan swap" of the suspension.
That requires converting over to Titan truck components (direct bolt-in [emoji106])
The front m205 diff, lca's, cv's, tie rod ends, aftermarket uca's, and then adding Titan swap specific coilovers to the setup to give you over 2" in width per side and almost doubling wheel travel to close to 11"!
New heavier Alcan springs in the rear with tuned Fox remote rez shocks, timbren bumpstops F&R, radflo hyd bumpstops in front to boot.
Heavier M226 rear axle (d44 variant) w e-locker. Front ARB air locker.

Then last spring I pulled diffs again and switched to 4:56's so I could run 35's. 2" body lift for clearance. Cst aluminum radiator, 200a alternator. Air horns to compliment my viAir oba system.

I've built all of my own armor, less the gobi ladder.
I occasionally run a Cvt RTT when I need it.
Still need to install the national luna dual battery system and odyssey batteries, but always too baclkogged with bumper orders[emoji848]

About ready to pick up a frontier or new Titan I'm thinking for the next project.
Wow, that is a great looking X. I had an '07 I bought new with the intentions of doing similar stuff, but it wasn't the rig I had thought it would be.

Reactions: Sudingusnavy