Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello All; I am entirely new to Overlanding and look forward to learning all I can. I recently purchased a newer truck, a 2023 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X, and I absolutely love it. I would like to kit this truck out for overlanding and would appreciate suggestions and ideas. I would also welcome meeting up with other people in my area (central Alabama) and learning from them. I attached a pic of my truck. Are there any other people on the forum who have a 2022-2025 Nissan Frontier setup for overlanding? I would love to get some ideas. Thanks.
Hello and welcome to the OB family.

Scott_3ba81a

Rank II

Contributor I

Slapout, Alabama, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Pyron
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WSEY306
My name is Tyler.

1) Birmingham, AL
2) 100 series Land Cruiser. Recently bought it from my dad who bought it new in 2003.
3) I am new to off roading and I look forward to building up my land cruiser. I am a pretty avid cyclist (mtn & road), so I look forward to building a good camping vehicle that I can drive around the southeast to camp and cycle.

Glad to be apart of OB as it will be a good resource for me to learn from experienced overlanders.
Hey Tyler, Welcome to OB! Glad to see a fellow Alabamaian!! I am also very new to Overlanding, but not regular camping. Hope to meet sometime at a Meetup!

Reactions: El-Dracho and Shahn

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it! - See below!
2) Location (General area is fine) - Los Angeles, CA
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.) - 2025 Land Rover Defender P300 S
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!) - Less than Novice (I know absolutely nothing).
Greetings Simon, welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: El-Dracho

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello All; I am entirely new to Overlanding and look forward to learning all I can. I recently purchased a newer truck, a 2023 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X, and I absolutely love it. I would like to kit this truck out for overlanding and would appreciate suggestions and ideas. I would also welcome meeting up with other people in my area (central Alabama) and learning from them. I attached a pic of my truck. Are there any other people on the forum who have a 2022-2025 Nissan Frontier setup for overlanding? I would love to get some ideas. Thanks.
Greetings Scott, welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: El-Dracho

Black Planet

Rank II

Traveler III

Hanau, Rodenbach, Germany
First Name
Thorsten
Last Name
Hofmann
Member #

Hello, i‘m Thorsten from Hanau, Germany.
Just got my number!
Today is our first day of a fourteen day trip on the island of sardinia.
Looking forward to do some trails.
Rig: Volkswagen T5 Terracamper Terock

Cheers Thorsten
My rig in Sardinia, in the moonlight!

Attachments

Reactions: Subbie Do Doug

Gustavo Amaral

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

São Paulo, Brazil
First Name
Gustavo
Last Name
Amaral
Member #

Hi I am guido I think I might be the first member in South America, why this place is not even recognised as a region. Just wondering what the level of support will be and how relevant this site is to someone that is going to be the trail blazer. Any members been here and posted on the continent before? I search South America and nothing came up. Arrived in Santiago from New Zealand two weeks ago and going through learning Spanish, buy my Prado, negotiating the paperwork for ownership and border crossings and getting kitted out. Bit like the guy falling out of the high rise saying half way down” so far so good”
Hi Guido, you will find a lot of members in South America. Actually, I have no idea why South America isn't a region on OB. But we exist! :-) And we are here to enjoy this beautiful continent to practice overland! I created this thread a few years ago. (South America - routes and locations) And you will find some more on the forum. Welcome to OB and to South America too! ;-)

Subbie Do Doug

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Freeport, Walton County, Florida, United States
First Name
Doug
Last Name
Hensley
Member #

Service Branch
USAF/NATO
Just got my number!

Cheers Thorsten
Looks sharp, how’s the trip so far?
Doug

Black Planet

Rank II

Traveler III

Hanau, Rodenbach, Germany
First Name
Thorsten
Last Name
Hofmann
Member #

Just got my number!

Cheers Thorsten
Looks sharp, how’s the trip so far?
Doug
Hey Doug, today we crossed sardinia to the south, because of the weather. Today and the next days its going to be very rainy in the north. In the south its sunny and warm, Beach weather. Perfect!

Greetings Thorsten

Reactions: Subbie Do Doug