Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Everyone!

Brandon here, I live in South Africa, and have a 2007 Subaru Forester XT that i use as my daily/ weekend toy. Love driving in sand as well. I would love to completely overland my rig, but doing it slowly in time. Current upgrades are Peddars full suspension, the photos attached are from a recent trip into Namibia. Planning to go again, but include Botswana, and drive up to the Angolan border.

Cheers!

View attachment 285320View attachment 285321
Hello Brandon, welcome to Overland Bound.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello all,
My name is Johnny, and my wife is Luana. We moved from Washington State a little over 2 years ago to Northern New Mexico. At the beginning of this year, we purchased an overlanding trailer and started adventuring around New Mexico with some planned trips to Northern Arizona, Utah, and Colorado. Would love to meet up with someone from either of those states.
Hello and welcome to the OB family.

Reactions: Karmaman Adventures

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi everyone new guy here
2020 ford f450 platinum not built yet
Bullhead city arizona
Ready to meet people and go on trips
Novice but have plenty of camping experience and off road experience.

I'll post a picture of my truck in my build thread in the next day or so

Reactions: Karmaman Adventures

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
LR Defender 1987
Experienced overlander
Hi from Bodrum / Turkey
I am Hüseyin Yılmaz and i am running a business about producing LR Defender parts& accessories in Bodrum / Turkey.
I am opening my land in Bodrum / Kızılağaç for the international overlanders free. Free internet access ,water. electricty, free&safe camping site for all overlanders around the world. Im not runing a camping business and no food or drinks serving in the property. But You can pick free eggs from the chicken coop and if you and i are lucky and if i caugth fish that day i can give fish also.
My son, wife and i are planning to go on world tour with MAN TGM 18240 in 2 years. We want to meet international overlanders and listen their inspiring stories.
My property is 6000metersquare. You can make your camp surrounded by olive trees and the best coast of Bodrum is 5mins by vehicle and 12-15mins by bicycle from the property. You can make camp as long as you want. And also you can use any tools free in the company if your vehicle needs any fixments or maintanence.
We dont want and accept any payments. All we want is meeting for you the overlanders.
You can contact me from the overlandbound community .
Here is the location of my property.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello Everyone!

Brandon here, I live in South Africa, and have a 2007 Subaru Forester XT that i use as my daily/ weekend toy. Love driving in sand as well. I would love to completely overland my rig, but doing it slowly in time. Current upgrades are Peddars full suspension, the photos attached are from a recent trip into Namibia. Planning to go again, but include Botswana, and drive up to the Angolan border.

Cheers!

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hello Everyone!

Cheers!

Hallo Brandon
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Reactions: Bradman

David_561cfd

Rank V

Advocate II

Rock Hill, South Carolina, United States
First Name
David
Last Name
Cuthbertson
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force U.S. ARMY
Hello Everyone!

Cheers!

LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING MORE

Contributor II

First Name
Avanish
Last Name
Vellanki
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hello everyone - new to the group and just getting started with overlanding, and excited to do more trips.

Pics of me, the family and my rig are below.
Location - San Francisco Bay Area / South Bay (Fremont)
Rig - 2022 Land Rover Defender 110 P400, suspension lift, 35" wheels and plenty of other off-roading modifications
Experience - Novice...but built my rig to get far deeper into the madness.
IMG_3315.JPGAttachment.jpg