Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger III

Folles, Haute-Vienne, France
First Name
paul
Last Name
Newbold
Member #

Hello everyone. My name is Daniel, I am 49 and I live on the central WA coast.. I have a 2024 4 Runner due to be delivered next week. I’m a complete Novice and looking to get started and learn. I’ve done a lot of backpacking and think this could be a new adventure and way to get away and learn new skills.
Hi Daniel,

Welcome to the OB community from us all in France.

Don't be afraid to ask for advice on this group there's a fantastic wealth of knowledge and a desire to help.

Cheers Paul and Nicky

paul87250

Rank VIII
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger III

Folles, Haute-Vienne, France
First Name
paul
Last Name
Newbold
Member #

HEY.. Glad to be here, looking forward to learning, and doing fun stuff..

1) Pics..
2) Location (General area is fine).. Texas..
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.).. 07 Silverado Quad Cab Z71, 4x4. LH6, 5.3
4) Overlanding Experience Background... NONE.
Hi there Gary.

Welcome to the OB community from us all in France.

Nice looking rig you have there, don't hesitate to ask for advice.

There's no such thing as a stupid question if you don't know.

Cheers Paul and Nicky

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello everyone. My name is Daniel, I am 49 and I live on the central WA coast.. I have a 2024 4 Runner due to be delivered next week. I’m a complete Novice and looking to get started and learn. I’ve done a lot of backpacking and think this could be a new adventure and way to get away and learn new skills.
Hello Daniel, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

1) Pics..
Hello Gary, welcome to Overland Bound.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Good morning guys. I’m Ryan I’m currently in the Matthew’s, NC area originally from WV (prime off-roading haven) I drive a 13 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I have a little done to this rig but I’m building it back up I haven’t been in the mtn’s in a couple years due to having a baby, moving etc.

I previously had a fully decked out 99 f150 on 37s locked front and rear mild built 4.7 6in lift, winch, bed sleeper etc.. now I’m starting from the ground up with my Jeep and taking things a lot more slower and thought out this time.

If you are in the Matthew’s, NC area hit me up I’m trying to meet some folks around here and plan a trip soon.

Nice meeting yall!
Hi Ryan,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from currently Georgia (the country),
Bjoern

Reactions: Shahn

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Daniel,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Congrats on your new rig.

Greetings from the road,
Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

1) Pics..
Hi Gary and welcome to Overland Bound!

Arnold_d7e842

Rank 0

Contributor II

First Name
Arnold
Last Name
Koons
Hello, I am Arnold from Central Washington and drive a full size Dodge or 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I have camping and wheeling experience. Looking into more snow wheeling with camping.

Tango Alpha

Rank I

Contributor II

A very belated introduction. My name is Tat Ko and this is my 75th year alive and will be starting my 76th year after Christmas.

I was able to see a lot of places around the globe during my time as a Service member. Now I am going to work on seeing what beauty this country awaits my exploration.

Bought a 1996 Toyota T100 6 years ago and was working to outfit it for travel but health concern set me back. Now that the miracle of modern medicine and the magic hands of a heart surgeon the diseased parts were excised and now I can continue my journey.

Still have a lot of prep work, my 1st favorite hobby is to work with my hands in building my vehicle for the next journey. Lucy, the red extended cab 1996 Toyota T100 just had 18" of truck bed chopped off and renamed Luci, short for Lucifer TV show. I also added a more conservative dark green 1996 T100 with manual transmission for longer trips. Green, also an extended cab pickup, has camper shell and can be taken out for short trip. My goal is to outfit both with heavier axles and strengthened frame for the lot less traveled roads.

I am not an in-crowd person but have lots of pictures on my projects to post in the near future. Recently also joined Face Book Bay Area Overland Group and likely be more active in 2025.

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello,

Tony here. I am a 39 year old male from Northern California.

I bought my bronco 4-5 years ago and I have been really slacking on the project. The focus of my project is to go camping with my family away from the high traveled areas.

I came across this forum when I was looking for inspiration on my build. I cam across a 95 bronco painted green with a black top. Exactly what I am making mine to look like.
Greetings Tony, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello everyone.

I’m Will and just joined the site as of 8/29/24.

Experience: New to Overlanding and the community here.
Have GMRS, working on HAM Technicians.
Obtained Stop the Bleed, CPR and First-Aid.
Previous backpacking experience.

Vehicle: Recently purchased a 24’ Tacoma TRDOR that is my daily driver and will be my part time Overlanding rig.

Looking to learn from my peers and give back when and where I can.

Some of trip reports on YouTube are pretty inspiring.
Greetings Will, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
New Guy,
A little about me.... Raised in So. Cal among the 25 mil people and a lot of cars. Recently retired and looking for somewhere to go! Found my 2005 LJ in Lexington, Kentucky (in 2015) on a business trip and drove it home. Dropped this stock LJ off at Savvy Off Roady and picked it up 5 months later. Very capable rig that does all I ask it to do. Recently bought a SoCal Tear Drop Off Road Trailer and ready to tackle some adventures. Looking for similar Off Roaders that have room for One more rig. Look forward to seeing where this Forum goes?
Greetings Ron, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi, my name is WildKatt, I’m new to Overlanding. I sport a 1986 Ford F250 Diesel 4X4, and my reason for overloading is because of my grandfather, we went on a lot of trips together and I want to keep the tradition going with my family and friends.
Greetings WildKatt, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Good morning guys. I’m Ryan I’m currently in the Matthew’s, NC area originally from WV (prime off-roading haven) I drive a 13 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I have a little done to this rig but I’m building it back up I haven’t been in the mtn’s in a couple years due to having a baby, moving etc.

I previously had a fully decked out 99 f150 on 37s locked front and rear mild built 4.7 6in lift, winch, bed sleeper etc.. now I’m starting from the ground up with my Jeep and taking things a lot more slower and thought out this time.

If you are in the Matthew’s, NC area hit me up I’m trying to meet some folks around here and plan a trip soon.

Nice meeting yall!
Greetings Ryan, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Greetings Daniel, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549

1) Pics..
Greetings Gary, welcome to Overland Bound!