Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone,
New to the site, per recommendation from George @ SW Overlanding and 4X4, as I have been following him for years over on one of the Full Size Jeep sites. Not new to camping or the outdoors, and working on my own rig 1984 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, as a full time camper pulling rig someday. My wife and I do take our Scamp out 3-5 times a year, for weekend trips here in AZ, but extended trips are currently not possible. That said, I love watching George's trips he posts, so vicariously travel through Idaho, Washington, and Montana at times through him. My goal is to someday get up there, to take an actual multi day trip with him and other members there, but for now really enjoy the adventures right here at home.
I have mechanical knowledge of more '90's and before, being born 63 years ago and raised on a ranch/farm, we fixed what machines we worked with. I love to help others problem solve, a Telecom Engineer by trade but now semi retired, and love wrenching my own rigs here.
As my wife has some medical issues, I am tasked with 95% of packing up to go, getting there & back, then unpacking when we get home. We spend 24/7 together, with tomorrow a blessing, should we both still be here.
Someday, Lord willing, hope to be.....out there :)
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. SouthWest (AZ NM TX OK)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly!
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: El-Dracho

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello folks!

I am currently living in Sun Prairie Wisconsin, and I have been a member for a few years, until recently though I never really used the platform because I didn't have a vehicle that would support my goals and overlanding was only a dream.

That has recently changed (FINALLY!!) with the purchase of a new 4Runner TRD ORP. :)

So with all of that said I wanted to introduce myself a bit and say hello. I have been watching from a far for years, and did lots of exploring out west when I lived in Cali & Oregon for about 20 years, but this was mostly on foot and with my lil Subaru.

I enjoy the great outdoors, camping, building, tinkering, cars / trucks, and a good adventure.

Really looking forward to building out the new rig and getting some miles under the belt!!
Welcome back to Overland Bound, some things have changed on the forum so I have included some updated links that might be helpful.
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly!
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Here is a Midwest expo in MO MOORE OVERLANDING AND OFF-ROAD EXPO // OZARK EMPIRE FAIRGROUNDS – SPRINGFIELD, MO
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello folks!

I am currently living in Sun Prairie Wisconsin, and I have been a member for a few years, until recently though I never really used the platform because I didn't have a vehicle that would support my goals and overlanding was only a dream.

That has recently changed (FINALLY!!) with the purchase of a new 4Runner TRD ORP. :)

So with all of that said I wanted to introduce myself a bit and say hello. I have been watching from a far for years, and did lots of exploring out west when I lived in Cali & Oregon for about 20 years, but this was mostly on foot and with my lil Subaru.

I enjoy the great outdoors, camping, building, tinkering, cars / trucks, and a good adventure.

Really looking forward to building out the new rig and getting some miles under the belt!!
Hello folks!

Hello Jason, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Everyone,
New to the site, per recommendation from George @ SW Overlanding and 4X4, as I have been following him for years over on one of the Full Size Jeep sites. Not new to camping or the outdoors, and working on my own rig 1984 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, as a full time camper pulling rig someday. My wife and I do take our Scamp out 3-5 times a year, for weekend trips here in AZ, but extended trips are currently not possible. That said, I love watching George's trips he posts, so vicariously travel through Idaho, Washington, and Montana at times through him. My goal is to someday get up there, to take an actual multi day trip with him and other members there, but for now really enjoy the adventures right here at home.
I have mechanical knowledge of more '90's and before, being born 63 years ago and raised on a ranch/farm, we fixed what machines we worked with. I love to help others problem solve, a Telecom Engineer by trade but now semi retired, and love wrenching my own rigs here.
As my wife has some medical issues, I am tasked with 95% of packing up to go, getting there & back, then unpacking when we get home. We spend 24/7 together, with tomorrow a blessing, should we both still be here.
Hello Scott, welcome to Overland Bound. I am a retired (last year) bell system outside tech, (all in Phoenix) almost 40 years, same age, we have a lot in common, although, I don’t enjoy wrenching. :)

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hello Everyone,
Hi Scott,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Enjoy your adventures. Doesn't matter how long you are travelling, just have fun and enjoy.

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

• Haha
Reactions: devildog80

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello Everyone,
Hello and welcome to the OB family.

Reactions: devildog80

devildog80

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Apache Junction, AZ, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Weckerly
Thanks everyone. I know todays computers use apps, but I am still working with a Windows 7 PC, and minimal call plan on cell phone, so apps there do work, but minimally when away from home. As stated my wife has life time medical issues, since 2010, so does not travel well for too long. She still loves to camp, but limited to 3 hr ride, then she has had enough travel. After getting home from a weekend with family, takes her several days to recoup, so limited how far and where we go.
I much appreciate everyones support, and information, so will be learning to navigate the site and following many of everyones adventures. We will be in our house, until the good Lord calls my wife home (if she is first), then I am selling the house and settling somewhere else. No pets to hold me down, so when I want to go....I am going. For now, my wife is priority, and my desire to travel will be satisfied for now here.
Thanks again

K12

Rank VII

Pathfinder I

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
Hello All! Looking to get into overlanding and here to get informed and ask all the question before diving in!
Welcome and ask away... One answer you will probably get a lot of is "use what you have go out, enjoy nature, and have fun". you dont need fancy stuff to enjoy "overlanding". all you need is food, water, and a place to sleep. As you go out more you learn what it is you want and what will make things more enjoyable.