Enthusiast I

Detmold, Kreis Lippe, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
First Name
Jan
Last Name
Wähnelt
Hello everyone,

My name is Jan and I live in Germany.

I drive a 2006 Hyundai Tucson V6 and it is almost stock. I put AT’s and a roof rack on it. I know it is not the typical overland rig but it does what it should.

Currently I‘m on a trip from Germany to Albania with my wife and our tree children.

Thank you for having me here.
Hallo Jan
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
When you planning a trip to Sweden just let me know so I can help you out
WBR
Bengt N
Thank you nice to know. Actually we planning to visit sweden in autumn this year. I will let you know.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings all, Zach from south central Pennsylvania. Just getting into overlanding and eager to learn.
2023 Bronco Sport Badlands
Welcome To Overland Bound Zach
A great local contact is @Wawa Skittletits.
You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly!
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo About EAST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi guys, I'm new to overlanding...I'm 20yrs old residing in Namibia, not that lucky enough to go out venturing,but I would love to try it out someday
Welcome To Overland Bound
Our African Ambassador is @Get Out GO, he is a wealth of information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
North America
App Tutorials
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,

My name is Jan and I live in Germany.

I drive a 2006 Hyundai Tucson V6 and it is almost stock. I put AT’s and a roof rack on it. I know it is not the typical overland rig but it does what it should.

Currently I‘m on a trip from Germany to Albania with my wife and our tree children.

Thank you for having me here.
Welcome To Overland Bound Jan
Our European Ambassadors is Bjoern Eldracher @El-Dracho, I see he has already introduced himself. Bjoern is a great resource dont hesitate to message him if you have any regional questions.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
Mid Europe
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.

LJB2024Bronco

Rank III

Steward I

Didsbury, AB, Canada
First Name
Lorn
Last Name
Berry
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hello.

From Didsbury, AB.

I drive a 24 Ford Bronco Big Bend.

Any others in Alberta?

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
Hello.

From Didsbury, AB.

Any others in Alberta?
Hallo Lorn
Not quite in your neighborhood
Just outside Stockholm Sweden
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from the other side
WBR
Bengt N

Tucson4WD

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

First Name
Jan
Last Name
Wähnelt
New Members,

From @administrator
  • Humility.
Hello.

From Didsbury, AB.

Any others in Alberta?
Hello. Welcome to Overland Bound.

Richard_7f1a91

Rank III

Explorer I

Grand Junction, Mesa County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Bathmann
Member #

Service Branch
Uscg
Relocated to western slope Colorado. Off roading with my 2018 Tacoma 4x4 TRD sport, 3.5 inch lift, 33 inch toyos full armor front to back & now as second off road vehicle for my wife 2021 jeep Sahara unlimited 4xe, 2 inch lift, 35 toyos, apex sway bar disconnect, etc. originally east coast boy and now 3 yrs from
Retirement

Attachments

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Relocated to western slope Colorado. Off roading with my 2018 Tacoma 4x4 TRD sport, 3.5 inch lift, 33 inch toyos full armor front to back & now as second off road vehicle for my wife 2021 jeep Sahara unlimited 4xe, 2 inch lift, 35 toyos, apex sway bar disconnect, etc. originally east coast boy and now 3 yrs from
Retirement
Hello Richard, welcome to Overland Bound. Blessings for your service, thank you!

Tucson4WD

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

First Name
Jan
Last Name
Wähnelt
Retirement
Hello Richard, welcome to overland bound.

Greetings from Germany