Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Sachse, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McGovern
Member #

Hi, I am Drew from south Louisiana. I have some experience vehicle camping with my last rig a 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S with a DIY truck camper.
I put over 100k miles on it before trading it in for a 2019 T4R TRDpro. I am in the early stages of building the 4Runner but the goal is an overlander for a family of 4.
Hi Drew. Welcome to OB!

YOTA_8

Rank III

Contributor III

Marion, Marion County, Ohio, United States
First Name
Kristian
Last Name
Casey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Psilo
Service Branch
Air Force

Rig: 21 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road

Experience: Started out kayaking/river camping, backcountry camping, rock climbing, and now Overlanding, all together 7 years. Love the outdoors more then anything and Overlanding allows us to go to remote spots to do adventurous things of whatever sorts.

Attachments

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Kristian, Welcome to Overland Bound from Washington State. Thanks for posting pics of your rig out in the wild, nice setup. presence of diesel heater indicating year round travel and exploring. Seems like a very long duct up to the tent though, lots of heat lost on the way up?

YOTA_8

Rank III

Contributor III

Marion, Marion County, Ohio, United States
First Name
Kristian
Last Name
Casey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Psilo
Service Branch
Air Force
Kristian, Welcome to Overland Bound from Washington State. Thanks for posting pics of your rig out in the wild, nice setup. presence of diesel heater indicating year round travel and exploring. Seems like a very long duct up to the tent though, lots of heat lost on the way up?
Thanks! Yes we camp year round! Yeah I would have thought the same about the long duct! So far we have camped in 19 and it kept the top with two people at 68 on lvl 7 I think. I am gonna extend the controller into the tent for it to be automatic hopefully! Gonna try it tomorrow!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Experience: Started out kayaking/river camping, backcountry camping, rock climbing, and now Overlanding, all together 7 years. Love the outdoors more then anything and Overlanding allows us to go to remote spots to do adventurous things of whatever sorts.
Hello Kristian, welcome to Overland Bound. Blessings for your service, I appreciate it very much.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Kristian
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

Hi Kristian,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

Hello and welcome to the OB family.

paul87250

Rank VIII
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger III

Folles, Haute-Vienne, France
First Name
paul
Last Name
Newbold
Member #

Hi Kristian,

Welcome to OB from us in France enjoy the community.

Cheers Paul and Nicky

OvrlndDeck

Rank 0

Contributor I

Cedar City, UT, USA
First Name
Luke
Last Name
Decker
2023 Chevy Colorado Trail Boss
Overlanding Experience: I have been camping for a little bit, honestly got into it while I was in the Army, every time we went out somewhere, i loved being out in the middle of no where, living off the land. Europe defiantly has to have been my favorite place to "camp" overseas. But in regards to overlanding, Im definitely a noob. I sorta started getting into it with my old 2013 Ram, just a basic truck bed tent. Now I have a new 2023 Colorado TB and planning on getting a softtopper for her. I personally dont like roof top tents (absolutely love them on everyone elses rigs, just not a fan for mine). Can't wait to get into it, I love the aspect of just being able to get up and go to a sick new spot! I find alot of really cool locations while flying helicopters in my area.

Attachments