West Jordan, UT, USA
First Name
HOA
Last Name
HUYNH
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WSAN860
Wow! I could be here for years reading all the intro's for over 100K members... This seems like a busy place. :grinning:

TrussGuy comes from an old (oooold) gamertag that has been long since retired, but since my initial choice was already taken, here we are.

I don't have a capable rig at the moment. Life circumstances had me replacing my xTerra with a 12 passenger van (that we use more than half of.) I've had other random 4x4's in the past but I've decided on and am currently looking for a 2021 or newer Toyota 4Runner to throw money at. I'll need the SR5 with the 3rd row as all the van passengers haven't moved out yet.

Just this week I tore down the first draft of my 8 yr old homemade teardrop camper to start on what I really want, a wider squaredrop built well enough to overland with.

Experience specific to overlanding is sparse, but not new to rough terrain driving, camping, cooking outside, shooting, fishing, and all that stuff, but there is a whole lot I don't know and I'm excited to learn!
Hello Ken! Welcome to Overland Bound!

RecceRover

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Austin, Texas, United States
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Cabrera
Member #

Service Branch
Army Retired
Hello Aaron (@JollyRogersOverland(JRO) ), welcome to Overland Bound. I am one of your Local Experts for Texas.

There are a couple of meet ups near you. South Central Texas has this meetup: Rigs and Coffee - South Central Texas which is happening this Saturday!

The one we attend for North Central Texas is in Georgetown: Recurring - North Central Texas Meet & Greet

We also have a couple new trips planned you are more than welcome to attend.

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

Hey, thanks a lot for the info! I already added the monthly meet up to my calendar as a recurring event and plan to be there as soon as I get my truck back. I'll definitely be out and about.

RecceRover

Rank II

Enthusiast I

First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Cabrera
Member #

Service Branch
Army Retired
Welcome to Overland Bound Aaron
Thats going to be a really great adventure rig cant wait to see it when done.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Some Local Experts are; in Texas @roots66 & @Coreymol, and in the DFW area you can also contact @Prerunner1982
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Here is a Midwest expo in MO MOORE OVERLANDING AND OFF-ROAD EXPO // OZARK EMPIRE FAIRGROUNDS – SPRINGFIELD, MO
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com
Hi Kent, Thanks so much for the info! Really appreciate it. I'll look all those resources up and look forward to getting out there on the road.

RecceRover

Rank II

Enthusiast I

First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Cabrera
Member #

Service Branch
Army Retired
Hi Aaron,

Welcome here and thank you for your introduction.

That's a awesome 130! Quite rare in North America, right? Have fun and a lot of great adventure trips with it.

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern
Thanks! Yeah, this particular configuration is rare here. We found it in the Netherlands and had her imported. The guy that's building it for me is very familiar with them.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Aaron
Welcome to OBO
Nice Defender you got there
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N
Thank you! Nice defender as well! Sweden is definitely on my short list to visit some time soon!
Hallo again
When you planning a trip to Sweden please let me know.
You can rent my defender for trips
Or why not try out my own beers
Cheers

UtahJohn777

Rank 0

Contributor I

Southern Utah
First Name
John
Last Name
MMM
Hello, John from Southern Utah. 97 Wrangler with Aussie Locker/Yukon Spin Free Lockers on Front Diff. New 2024 Crosstrek Wilderness. Lots of Overland Experience including deep sand. Very limited rock crawling experience. I enjoy the Overland, lots of BLM land here.

Attachments

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello, John from Southern Utah. 97 Wrangler with Aussie Locker/Yukon Spin Free Lockers on Front Diff. New 2024 Crosstrek Wilderness. Lots of Overland Experience including deep sand. Very limited rock crawling experience. I enjoy the Overland, lots of BLM land here.
Hello John, welcome to Overland Bound.

Contributor III

Houma, LA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Doit
Hi, I am Drew from south Louisiana. I have some experience vehicle camping with my last rig a 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S with a DIY truck camper.
I put over 100k miles on it before trading it in for a 2019 T4R TRDpro. I am in the early stages of building the 4Runner but the goal is an overlander for a family of 4.

Attachments

Sclary3

Rank VI

Advocate II

Hahnville, St. Charles Parish, Louisiana, United States
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Clary
Member #

Service Branch
Sheriffs Deputy
Hi, I am Drew from south Louisiana. I have some experience vehicle camping with my last rig a 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S with a DIY truck camper.
I put over 100k miles on it before trading it in for a 2019 T4R TRDpro. I am in the early stages of building the 4Runner but the goal is an overlander for a family of 4.
Welcome! I'm also from south Louisiana, I'm in st charles parish

ELSIE80

Rank I

Contributor III

Murrieta, CA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Jodoin
INTRO new member.
My name is David. I live in Murrieta CA. Been going off pavement since I could reach the handle bars or pedals in all types of rigs. I am the hands on build it my self type. I have had all the go fast toys but getting older so down to 3 rigs in the toy garage for off - road that do not need a trailer. Current project 1994 Toyota LC80 she is highly modified but not over weight yet! 2019 TRD 4 Runner also modified and used for Mexico.
1998 Jeep ZJ V8 when I need to go faster than an LC80. looking for other adventure types to explore with capable rigs.

ELSIE.jpeg

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

INTRO new member.
My name is David. I live in Murrieta CA. Been going off pavement since I could reach the handle bars or pedals in all types of rigs. I am the hands on build it my self type. I have had all the go fast toys but getting older so down to 3 rigs in the toy garage for off - road that do not need a trailer. Current project 1994 Toyota LC80 she is highly modified but not over weight yet! 2019 TRD 4 Runner also modified and used for Mexico.
1998 Jeep ZJ V8 when I need to go faster than an LC80. looking for other adventure types to explore with capable rigs.

View attachment 273911
Hallo David
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Drew
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi John and welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Drew and welcome to Overland Bound!

Nice setup.

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern