keithcroshaw

Rank II

Traveler III

NJ, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Croshaw
Apologies for not doing this earlier, definitely interested in getting to know people and having real world interactions instead of staring at screens and pretending I have friends...

1) Picture
How it's going.jpeg
2) Location
Central NJ

3) Rig
22 Jeep Gladiator Sort S (Not my first Jeep by any means but the first one I want to treat appropriately.)

4) Overlanding Experience Background
Novice for sure, I don't think anything I've done has been more than camping, I've got a trailer that I could totally be dependent upon, an EcoFlow battery and a generator, so I've mostly got what I need but I camp with my family and they claim to need flushing toilets. We have a fancy Dometic toilet but I've convinced my wife that it's a water waster and we're looking to switch to the bucket and bag set up and finally get away from plumbing. The other issue is there's not really any distributed camping in NJ so I'd have to just play pretend at primitive sites and not use the toilet pits, which nobody wants to anyway.
Obviously the point is driving far away which we do, but not every other weekend like we try to here in NJ.
I'm off every other Friday so whenever we can we try to go camping and I try to incorporate some off-roading into it.
I'd love to run the TNJT but my wife and kids have shown some aversion to the first section I tried earlier this year so I might do it by myself or with a future friend.

Looking forward to meeting some like minded folks.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
View attachment 263158
Hey, I'm SETHZILLA

Live on the Central Coast of California - San Luis Obispo

"Bruiser" is our 1996 Land Cruiser -built to the hilt. Almost 100% complete now

Been offroading and camping since i was a kid. Now i Overland with the family and keep the wheeling fun.

(the rig doesn't look like this at the moment, we dressed it up for the premier of Mad Max: Fury Road)
Hello and welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello Everyone,
Brand new to the whole overlanding scene and I am looking forward to heading out and meeting some of yall. Im originally from Pennsylvania, now living in Georgia for the last 20 or so years. Will be heading out west in September for my first big overlanding adventure and myself and my pooch Chewie can not wait!!!! Look forward to getting great info from this community! Im already off to a flying start so far… Thanks to yall!!!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi everyone, I am new here, but have been living and travelling in my 4x4 'Crossover' for over 2 years. I have been in Europe and extensively in the United Kingdom.
My next adventure is South America. Starting in Uruguay September/October 2023. Looking for like minded folk to travel with and enjoy life. I have no set route, but would like to be in Patagonia for the Spring.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi all!

Im new to this app, use a couple more apps to navigate and mark routes.
We are a family at 5
Running a 2017 Isuzu dmax AT35 with roof tent and have a second car VW Transporter T5 4motion lifted, will go on and build up them more
We are in Sweden

Thanks

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Apologies for not doing this earlier, definitely interested in getting to know people and having real world interactions instead of staring at screens and pretending I have friends...

1) Picture
View attachment 263176
2) Location
Central NJ

3) Rig
22 Jeep Gladiator Sort S (Not my first Jeep by any means but the first one I want to treat appropriately.)

Novice for sure, I don't think anything I've done has been more than camping, I've got a trailer that I could totally be dependent upon, an EcoFlow battery and a generator, so I've mostly got what I need but I camp with my family and they claim to need flushing toilets. We have a fancy Dometic toilet but I've convinced my wife that it's a water waster and we're looking to switch to the bucket and bag set up and finally get away from plumbing. The other issue is there's not really any distributed camping in NJ so I'd have to just play pretend at primitive sites and not use the toilet pits, which nobody wants to anyway.
Obviously the point is driving far away which we do, but not every other weekend like we try to here in NJ.
I'm off every other Friday so whenever we can we try to go camping and I try to incorporate some off-roading into it.
I'd love to run the TNJT but my wife and kids have shown some aversion to the first section I tried earlier this year so I might do it by myself or with a future friend.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello all,
Matt Baker here and I just joined this little group. I have been camping my whole life and a couple years ago, a friend and myself built our own overland trailers.

I drive an '09 Jeep Wrangler and custom trailer with roof top tent.
I live in New Braunfels TX.
Hello (@username), welcome to Overland Bound. I am one of your Local Experts for Texas.

There is a San Antonio meetup here: San Antonio Monthly Meetup - Eisenhauer Park

There is also a South Central Texas meetup: Rigs and Coffee - South Central Texas

The one we attend for North Central Texas is in Georgetown: Recurring - North Central Texas Meet & Greet

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Off-Road Ranger III

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

1) Picture
View attachment 263176
2) Location
Central NJ

3) Rig

HI Keith and welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello,

I’m Corey, located in Michigan. I’ve been camping and road tripping for years and recently discovered Overlanding. Interested in learning more and going on some adventure.

I’ve got a stock Subaru Forester, but I’ve also used a VW Jetta, a Chevy Silverado, and a Yukon in the past. I had the advantage of getting to learn off-road driving from a longtime Colorado resident who took me on some adventures out there several years ago.
Hello Corey, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Don’t know how I haven’t found this group earlier but there’s no time like the present!

Flying straight and level from West Texas in a 2018 Land Cruiser.
Most of my past overlanding has been done on a motorcycle but I am transitioning to the 4 wheel mode of travel.
Hello Darrin, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
View attachment 263158
Hey, I'm SETHZILLA

Live on the Central Coast of California - San Luis Obispo

"Bruiser" is our 1996 Land Cruiser -built to the hilt. Almost 100% complete now

Been offroading and camping since i was a kid. Now i Overland with the family and keep the wheeling fun.

(the rig doesn't look like this at the moment, we dressed it up for the premier of Mad Max: Fury Road)
Hello Seth, welcome to Overland Bound. Thank you for your service, it is appreciate.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello all,
Matt Baker here and I just joined this little group. I have been camping my whole life and a couple years ago, a friend and myself built our own overland trailers.

I drive an '09 Jeep Wrangler and custom trailer with roof top tent.
I live in New Braunfels TX.
Hello Matt, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi all!

Im new to this app, use a couple more apps to navigate and mark routes.
We are a family at 5
Running a 2017 Isuzu dmax AT35 with roof tent and have a second car VW Transporter T5 4motion lifted, will go on and build up them more
We are in Sweden

Thanks
Hello Christer, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

1) Picture
View attachment 263176
2) Location
Central NJ

3) Rig

Hello Keith, welcome to Overland Bound.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Don’t know how I haven’t found this group earlier but there’s no time like the present!

Most of my past overlanding has been done on a motorcycle but I am transitioning to the 4 wheel mode of travel.
Hallo Darrin
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

1) Picture
View attachment 263176
2) Location
Central NJ

3) Rig

Hallo Keith
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Off-Road Ranger III

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

Hi Darrin and welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern