Enthusiast I

Hemet, Riverside County, California, United States
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Tapia
Member #

Greetings from Riverside, California.
I am a complete newbie when it comes to overlanding.
I just got a rig and cant wait to take it out to the trails.

I’m driving a very nice 1999 ISUZU VehiCRoss, i have been getting it ready with some minor updates but i will need some guidence on the things that are necessary for overlanding and the ones that are not.

Looking forward to see you all out there and build some strong friendships along the way!

Attachments

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR

I’m driving a very nice 1999 ISUZU VehiCRoss, i have been getting it ready with some minor updates but i will need some guidence on the things that are necessary for overlanding and the ones that are not.

Looking forward to see you all out there and build some strong friendships along the way!
Alex, welcome to Overland Bound from Washington State

A Duffield

Rank VI

Advocate I

Folsom, Sacramento County, California, United States
First Name
Anne
Last Name
Duffield
Member #

Welcome to the West Region. Nice liking rig.
As I have learned more - it is recommended to first make sure you have good tires, good suspension and lift, and then rock sliders. To be honest we have done those items a bit backwards. For many of the other items such as tent and camp kitchen. Get a few rides under your belt so you know what makes sense. It will save you some money. Go out and enjoy the ride.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Alex
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

KingTap

Rank II

Enthusiast I

First Name
Alex
Last Name
Tapia
Member #

Welcome to the West Region. Nice liking rig.
As I have learned more - it is recommended to first make sure you have good tires, good suspension and lift, and then rock sliders. To be honest we have done those items a bit backwards. For many of the other items such as tent and camp kitchen. Get a few rides under your belt so you know what makes sense. It will save you some money. Go out and enjoy the ride.
Thank you, i put new suspension and a lift. New wheels and off-road tires were the first thing. I am now looking for rock sliders and a winch.

MGpoolguy82

Rank V

Pathfinder III

Carmichael, Sacramento County, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Grenier
Member #

We just got All Pros Rock Sliders. They were the best deal for the tool we needed and the vehicle we have. They fin out just before the rear tire which is suppose to help move the rock outward. No it is time to paint them before installing.

The winch we got was from Amazon, it is a Chinese manufacturer, but all they do is winches. It has done a great job so far.$
Awesome FJ. Gotta post pics when painted and installed.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Off-Road Ranger III

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

Hi Alex,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Hello Alex, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
We just got All Pros Rock Sliders. They were the best deal for the tool we needed and the vehicle we have. They fin out just before the rear tire which is suppose to help move the rock outward. No it is time to paint them before installing.

The winch we got was from Amazon, it is a Chinese manufacturer, but all they do is winches. It has done a great job so far.$
Hello Anne, welcome to Overland Bound.

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549

Greetings Alex, welcome to Overland Bound!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

Hello and welcome to the OB family.

Chachie

Rank II

Contributor III

Arizona, USA
First Name
George
Last Name
Parascandola
Member #

Service Branch
US Air Force
Greetings:

I am retiring in the next month and have been offroading for a few years. The plan is to explore the USA back country as much as possible and I am hoping this sight can give me location ideas and shared experiences in those areas.

Jeep Falls.JPG
Toquerville Falls, Utah 2022

Rig: 2018 Jeep Wrangler "Bigfoot Edition"
Experience: Somewhat experienced... a few years offroading to secluded fishing spots, hunting units and just weekend get away camping.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Greetings:

I am retiring in the next month and have been offroading for a few years. The plan is to explore the USA back country as much as possible and I am hoping this sight can give me location ideas and shared experiences in those areas.

View attachment 260279

Experience: Somewhat experienced... a few years offroading to secluded fishing spots, hunting units and just weekend get away camping.
Hallo George
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Greetings:

View attachment 260279

Greetings George, and welcome to Overland Bound!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Greetings:

View attachment 260279

Hello George

Welcome to the Overland Bound community

My name is Rich Anderssohn, I am your US Southwest member representative for Arizona

Here are some helpful links to get you started

U.S. SouthWest (AZ NM TX OK)

Overland Bound Meetups

Overland Trip Planning

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-routes-downloadable.29/?prefix_id=67

Map - Overland Bound

Welcome to Rally Point! - Overland Bound

Thank You so much for your service.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Greetings:

View attachment 260279

Hello and welcome to the OB family.

KingTap

Rank II

Enthusiast I

First Name
Alex
Last Name
Tapia
Member #

Hey ya'll. My name is Peter. I'm just beginning a build out for my 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. Hoping to meet some cool people and keep everyone updated on the build progress.
Welcome Peter, send over a picture of your truck, we we’ll like to see the progress..

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Off-Road Ranger III

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Greetings:

View attachment 260279

Hi George,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from France,
Bjoern