First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Hello,

I’m Brian, my friends call me “BC”. I live in the Central Valley if California. I am new to Overlanding; at least the extended traveling aspect. I have dispersed camped, offroaded, backpacked most of my life.

I drive a 2022 Tacoma SR5, otherwise known as NotaTRD. It was purchased with a dealer installed lift and 33” BFG AT KO2 tires. Best choice for now until factory warranty expires. I’ll then add items as needed.

Happy to be here and can’t wait to get started.
Welcome to Overland Bound BC.

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Hi! I’m Dane, and I live in the Corpus Christi area and just recently purchased a 05 Sequoia! Complete beginner on overlanding but have been on several trips with my father in the past, looking forward to building up the rig for my family now.
Hi Dane. Welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Just joined and have some off roading experience. I live west of Houston, Texas (Katy) Driving a 2009 stock LC 200 purchased at local Toyota dealership. I'm looking to upgrade suspension, add sliders and possibly front and rear bumpers for trip to Alaska. Any insight or recommendations would be appreciated. View attachment 257880
Hello Ron, welcome to Overland Bound.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Just joined and have some off roading experience. I live west of Houston, Texas (Katy) Driving a 2009 stock LC 200 purchased at local Toyota dealership. I'm looking to upgrade suspension, add sliders and possibly front and rear bumpers for trip to Alaska. Any insight or recommendations would be appreciated. View attachment 257880
Hi Ron and welcome to Overland Bound!

Wow, that is a wesome rig. Enjoy your trips with it.

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Some Local Experts are; in Texas @roots66 & @Coreymol, and in the DFW area you can also contact @Prerunner1982
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Here is a Midwest expo in MO MOORE OVERLANDING AND OFF-ROAD EXPO // APRIL 21-22, 2023 // OZARK EMPIRE FAIRGROUNDS – SPRINGFIELD, MO
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi All,

I'm Carlo, and I'm a Portland, OR member with some (not a lot) of overlanding experience. I recently got a new Ford Bronco and I'm looking forward to using it to explore beautiful places, discover good camping spots, and just generally taking advantage of all that the PNW has to offer. I'm looking forward to learning new skills, meeting other folks, and doing a lot more vehicle based travel than I have in the last few years.
Greetings Carlo, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello,

I’m Brian, my friends call me “BC”. I live in the Central Valley if California. I am new to Overlanding; at least the extended traveling aspect. I have dispersed camped, offroaded, backpacked most of my life.

I drive a 2022 Tacoma SR5, otherwise known as NotaTRD. It was purchased with a dealer installed lift and 33” BFG AT KO2 tires. Best choice for now until factory warranty expires. I’ll then add items as needed.

Happy to be here and can’t wait to get started.
Greetings Brian, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
G'day overlanders! Glad to have found this resource. Excited to learn and grow here. Still working on fitting out my new Tacoma and so far just spent some time exploring the Ouachita Mountains and National Forest in OK and the Western Ghats of Maharashtra, India.
Greetings Cyndie, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi! I’m Dane, and I live in the Corpus Christi area and just recently purchased a 05 Sequoia! Complete beginner on overlanding but have been on several trips with my father in the past, looking forward to building up the rig for my family now.
Greetings Dane, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Greetings Ron, welcome to Overland Bound!

k9sar

Local Expert, Georgia USA

Enthusiast III

Rydal, GA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK4EKF
Hi y'all! I'm Lou and I live just outside Huntsville, Alabama. I'm pretty much a total noob to overlanding, but it's something I've always wanted to do; as you can tell by my username the outdoors (and amateur radio) is a big part of my life. I just bought a new 4Runner and I want to add the ability to utilize it properly to my skillset, so I'm looking forward to what I can learn here and use that to expand my outdoor activities. My plan is to not modify it extensively but to make some improvements over time. I previously had a Jeep TJ but that project never really got off the ground, so I sold it a few years ago. Now I'm on my second attempt and I found OB while doing research.

View attachment 257680
Lou, Welcome to OB!
Below are some links that you might find beneficial.

See ya out on the trails,
Tim OB# 1648

bigmonkey1!$

Rank 0

Contributor I

Sunnyvale, CA, USA
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Thibault
ok im not very tec savy but here goes wife and are boon dockers all places i use to go to when i raced back in the 90tys we now have a 2023 r pod rp202 and a 2004 ford expidition 3'' lift 12k wench roof rack ,and a 2005 f250 super duty 12 k wench goose neck hitch trick front and rear bumpers 37'' tires we want to connect with others that like to explore

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

ok im not very tec savy but here goes wife and are boon dockers all places i use to go to when i raced back in the 90tys we now have a 2023 r pod rp202 and a 2004 ford expidition 3'' lift 12k wench roof rack ,and a 2005 f250 super duty 12 k wench goose neck hitch trick front and rear bumpers 37'' tires we want to connect with others that like to explore
Hallo Bruce
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N