Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
FNG here from North Alabama. I found this forum while researching places to take my wife and kid overlanding in N AL, E TN, & N GA. I like the idea of being able to take my family camping away from the traditional campsites and all the people. To be able to pull my rig up to a little fishing hole and set up camp away from others would be heaven.

No experience overlanding yet, but I did grow up a farm kid doing more than my share of going off-road.

2015 F350 Fx4 6.7 Powerstroke
View attachment 254559View attachment 254560View attachment 254562View attachment 254563View attachment 254564
Hello and welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey everyone, new guy from the Central Valley California USA.

I’m new to overlanding, previous to this I tent camped or popup trailer camped at a single location for up to a week in the SoCal desert.

My current vehicle is a 2019 GMC Yukon Denali, I have swapped the factory 22” wheels and low profile Z rated tires for 18” wheels wrapped in 32” AT M/S tires, a Yakima EXO hitch cargo system, Yakima crossbars, and I have a FSR Evolution V2L RTT on order.

I have a full-size SUV because I have a family of seven and the Yukon is also my daily driver. In the mid future I plan on buying a travel trailer for full family adventures but for now it’ll just be me overlanding and possibly one or two others.

My buddies and I use CB radio for desert communication but I’m looking into GMRS, and have a call sign of WRWV937. HAM also looks interesting but seems daunting with everything you have to know.

I’m looking forward to meeting and learning. Thanks
Hello and welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello: Mike and Bekki from Austin TX area... (Elgin to be exact)
Have a 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk which I would love to get out with...
New to the whole "overlanding" idea, but have done a ton of camping and love the outdoors... Now that we are nearing retirement, hope to do a lot more...
Hello Mike & Bekki (@Michael_7f5b60 ), welcome to Overland Bound. I am one of your Local Experts for Texas. You just missed the North Central Texas meet up in Georgetown: Recurring - North Central Texas Meet & Greet (1st Sat of the month). But, the South Central Texas has this meetup: Rigs and Coffee - South Central Texas this coming weekend (3rd Sat of the month).

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi everyone,

I am Ulises, currently live in Utah. Got a 3rd gen ToyotaTacoma OR (stock). I am a novice in this field, but definitely nature and being outdoors has always been a big part of my life.

Glad to be here and learn a lot from everyone!
Hello Ulises, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549

Call_me_Tom

Rank III

Enthusiast II

San Joaquin County, California, United States
First Name
Tom
Last Name
K9er
Member #

Service Branch
USMC Ret

I’m new to overlanding, previous to this I tent camped or popup trailer camped at a single location for up to a week in the SoCal desert.

My current vehicle is a 2019 GMC Yukon Denali, I have swapped the factory 22” wheels and low profile Z rated tires for 18” wheels wrapped in 32” AT M/S tires, a Yakima EXO hitch cargo system, Yakima crossbars, and I have a FSR Evolution V2L RTT on order.

I have a full-size SUV because I have a family of seven and the Yukon is also my daily driver. In the mid future I plan on buying a travel trailer for full family adventures but for now it’ll just be me overlanding and possibly one or two others.

My buddies and I use CB radio for desert communication but I’m looking into GMRS, and have a call sign of WRWV937. HAM also looks interesting but seems daunting with everything you have to know.

Welcome to Overland Bound Tom
Can you add a city or town to your profile, it will help the app and members get you local information. (Central Valley is a big area)
As for ham yes it seems daunting but in reality it is very easy. The best way to proceed is to get one of the many on line apps and just keep taking the test, the questions will come naturally once you take the test several times. Depending on your location there are several testing locations.
A great local contacts are @TOMB & @Motomikeca
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members. There is a very active meet-up in Livermore that meets monthly, they can be found on the map and calendar.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. West (HI CA NV)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip
Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo About WEST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com
Thank you, I updated my location and I downloaded a HAM app to study.

Enthusiast III

West Yorkshire, UK
First Name
Mick
Last Name
Thresh
Welcome To Overland Bound Mick
Our European Ambassador is Dave Spinks @PolarisOverland
West Europe, Local Experts are @professorpool @caspoint220
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
West Europe
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com
Thanks Kent for the warm welcome, had a few interactions with members already and resolved a few problems I was coming across.

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi..... looking forward to meeting new people and getting familiar with the OB1 app. We reside in Casa Grande Az. I have a 95 triple locked LC that needs some work, but hopefully I will be ready for a few outings. See you soon.
Hello Daniel, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
FNG here from North Alabama. I found this forum while researching places to take my wife and kid overlanding in N AL, E TN, & N GA. I like the idea of being able to take my family camping away from the traditional campsites and all the people. To be able to pull my rig up to a little fishing hole and set up camp away from others would be heaven.

No experience overlanding yet, but I did grow up a farm kid doing more than my share of going off-road.

2015 F350 Fx4 6.7 Powerstroke
Hello Cory, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549

Hello Tom, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello: Mike and Bekki from Austin TX area... (Elgin to be exact)
Have a 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk which I would love to get out with...
New to the whole "overlanding" idea, but have done a ton of camping and love the outdoors... Now that we are nearing retirement, hope to do a lot more...
Hello Mike and Bekki, welcome to Overland Bound!

sasquatchoverlanding

Local Expert, Indiana USA

Expedition Master III

Whiteland, IN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Kephart
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRMM229
Service Branch
US Army
Hello everyone Im a newbie to this site and relatively new to overlanding.
Location-Frederick,Maryland
1999 4Runner is my latest rig
Also just got back from a little trip to Green Ridge state forest its a beautiful spot in western Md.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
Welcome to Overland Bound!