Kevin
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K3DUN
Hi I’m Kevin

Rig: 2004 Ford Excursion
Experience: Zero, zilch, nada. My wife and I just became empty nester’s and love the idea of getting out and exploring more. Being self-sufficient and having an excuse to innovate and play with cool gear ain’t bad either!3B1AD5D4-9AEB-42CF-A4A8-FF922B82AA11.jpeg

Lone Wolf 1965

Rank V

Traveler III

Casper, Natrona County, Wyoming, United States
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Gregory
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Navy
Hi I’m Kevin

Experience: Zero, zilch, nada. My wife and I just became empty nester’s and love the idea of getting out and exploring more. Being self-sufficient and having an excuse to innovate and play with cool gear ain’t bad either!View attachment 241244

Welcome to Overland Bound, Kevin.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hi I’m Kevin

Experience: Zero, zilch, nada. My wife and I just became empty nester’s and love the idea of getting out and exploring more. Being self-sufficient and having an excuse to innovate and play with cool gear ain’t bad either!View attachment 241244
Hallo Kevin
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi I’m Kevin

Hello Kevin, welcome to Overland Bound.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi I’m Kevin

Welcome to Overland Bound Kevin
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members. There is a monthly meet-up in El Dorado Hills that members from your area attend, it can be found on the map. (Sierra Foothills Overlanders) They also have trips that are on the meet up page. If you are interested in this meet up just message me here @Kent R
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip
Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo About WEST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi I’m Kevin

Hello Kevin, welcome to Overland Bound!

Marty_d3f81b

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Medford, Jackson County, Oregon, United States
First Name
Marty
Last Name
LaDuke
Member #

Hi I’m Kevin

Hi Kevin,
You live in a great area to explore the beautiful Sierra’s. Quick trips for a day or weekend. Try Hwy 49 and keep going it will take you through the dogwood trees in the spring. Gorgeous. Or cut over on Hwy 20 from Nevada City and go explore the town of Washington. The back way out of Washington takes you to North Bloomfield. Hydraulic mining is evident. All the roads are passable or at least they were last time I was there. If you go past N. Bloomfield you can keep going to Granitville. That “road” takes you to Bowman Lake and Fordyce reservoir. Roads are pretty ok with 4X4 or an old VW bus
Get paper maps of the area. GPS is spotty as is cell service.
Happy exploring.

Marty_d3f81b

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Medford, Jackson County, Oregon, United States
First Name
Marty
Last Name
LaDuke
Member #

Hi I’m Kevin

Hi Kevin,
You live in a great area to explore the beautiful Sierra’s. Quick trips for a day or weekend. Try Hwy 49 and keep going it will take you through the dogwood trees in the spring. Gorgeous. Or cut over on Hwy 20 from Nevada City and go explore the town of Washington. The back way out of Washington takes you to North Bloomfield. Hydraulic mining is evident. All the roads are passable or at least they were last time I was there. If you go past N. Bloomfield you can keep going to Granitville. That “road” takes you to Bowman Lake and Fordyce reservoir. Roads are pretty ok with 4X4 or an old VW bus
Get paper maps of the area. GPS is spotty as is cell service.
Happy exploring.[/QUOTE

I guess I should have let you know that my stepdad was a gold miner and I’ve been on almost every inch of that territory as a kid and adult. I went to kindergarten in the town of WA. 6 students K-8th grade. My youngest went to school in N Bloomfield and they ran in a generator.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi I’m Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

MattLew

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member II

Harriman, TN, Tennessee 61, Harriman, TN, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lewandowski
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4DIE
Name: Marc
Rig: FJ Cruiser
I've mostly traveled to National Parks, but looking to do more weekends in the mountains around Denver.
View attachment 241219
Marc, sorry to be late in replying here, but welcome to the community... Good looking setup for your Turtle Cruiser... I have a cousin over in the Aroura area I am hoping to visit next year (budget permitting)... perhaps we will get a chance to get together and do a li'l wheeling while I am there.

Does the hose for your propane get in the way hanging out like that?

MattLew

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member II

First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lewandowski
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4DIE
Name: Bev
Rig: 2020 Kia Sportage
Experience: been weekend camping in my rig on/off since April 2021.
I mostly like finding free campsites near hiking trailheads. I’m a hiker and I find it cheaper to stay where I’m hiking so I can hike more than one day and eliminate the drive time…giving me more time for coffee in the morning.
Welcome to OB Bev... in some ways I am the same as I do more camping from the truck to simply be close to my destination whether hunting, hiking, or canoeing... though I find myself wanting more and more to take the truck out camping just to find a trail somewhere and take it camping.

MattLew

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member II

First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lewandowski
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4DIE
Hi I’m Kevin

Hallo Kevin... welcome to the community... I have to admit I misread your location initially as Rossville GA which is about an hour and a half south of me. "Excellent another member in my area... oh wait... DOH!!!"

Best way to get experience is to go out and do... start off on the easier trails and work up... likewise you can start out with basic camping gear and not have to dump too much money into gearing up. the truck looks like it is off to a good start :) I am a bit jealous of that bumper, though it would be serious overkill for my Tacoma :) Proper skids are on my list first, but I want a good winch bumper as most of my travel is solo.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all,
Name Tonja

Rig 1992 FJ 80

Location Sw Colorado

Looking at full time overlanding through Central and South America once we retire and finish building our Toyota.
Welcome to Overland Bound Tonja
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
This is our Full Time travel page that might help you preparing to go full time.
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/ob-members-colorado.24207/
Your Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com