Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hello. New to this site. I am in Spokane WA but have lived around Eastern WA and North Idaho my hole life. I know a lot of the Cascade mountains and over my 50 plus years have been a avid off-roader with jeeps, atv’s and side by side. Looking forward to meeting people with equal interests. I have a GX460 that I use with a few mods
Hallo David
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello. New to this site. I am in Spokane WA but have lived around Eastern WA and North Idaho my hole life. I know a lot of the Cascade mountains and over my 50 plus years have been a avid off-roader with jeeps, atv’s and side by side. Looking forward to meeting people with equal interests. I have a GX460 that I use with a few mods
Hello, Welcome to Overland Bound.

I am the Northwest Director. @Sandpoint Steve is your closest member representative.

To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).

Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.

Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.

Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.

Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.

Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.

Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.

Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.

Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hello Everyone!

I'm Oscar, a relative novice to the overland world but eager to start exploring. I'm in Northern California, near the bay area, and try to venture out with my wife, Kai, and our Lab as much as possible. We roam about in a lightly modified 2019 Toyota Tundra.

View attachment 233624

Look forward to meeting new people and exploring cool new places!

Thanks for the add!

Oscar
Welcome from Arizona!

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
New member here, I am a novice overlander and hit the trails when I can. I have completed the Trans American Trail and would like to do the Continental Divide next.
I live in Virginia Beach, my rig is a 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon. Trying to build it out with a bed rack and RTT. Looking at getting a metal cloak lift in the near future as well.
other than that, keep on the trail!!
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Since I have not been very active, I figured I would give an updated introduction.

We started our journey with two Land Rover LR4s. As we transitioned from TN to MO, we also transitions to a Ram family of vehicles: my wife has a 1500 Rebel with some extra skid protection, and I have started building my 2500 power wagon.

I look forward to gaining some insight from our community as we finally buy time to get out and enjoy nature.

See you on the trails!
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hello everyone,

As of a few weeks ago we live in TorC, NM. My better half and I began overlanding about 4 years ago but really kicked it into overdrive when the pandemic started. Most of our time has been spent exploring Colorado and Wyoming but have made several 2-3 week trips in the past two years (CO to CA, CO to FL, and a two week WY summer vacation). We have plans to head to the PNW for at least a month at the end of July and Baja some time in the fall. I now work remotely (thank you COVID) so we hope to overland a lot more from here on out (thank you Starlink). We look forward to meeting other members and getting a chance to tag along on some of your planned expeditions.

Cheers,
Dennis G.

Our Rig
2014 SR-5 + 2020 Sherpa Trailers BigFoot
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hello ~ I'm Martyn, and I live in Los Angeles, CA. I have a 2008, Toyota, 4Runner that I recently starting using for more than just a daily driver. I plan on going on more trips, adventures, offroading and overlanding. Nothing too crazy, as it is my daily and i need to use it for work as well.
In the last year or so, I've occasionally been going out with a few new and more knowledgeable enthusiasts, that I've met along my journey.
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hi Everyone.
I am new to the Overland Bound community. I am in Orange County,Ca. I have done a lot of day trips and I have a few weekend trips under my belt but have not been out on any major trips. Moab is on my wish list!
I have been building my rig into a very capable truck. I have a 2016 Tacoma Sport. I will be learning a lot from this community and look forward to being apart of the Overland Bound experience.

View attachment 232653
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
We just created an account so we wanted to say hello!

Background: We recently pulled off the road after 7 years. Alaska to Argentina from May 2015 to May 2019, US and Mexico until May 2022. While we are re-integrating back into work and a sticks and bricks, we will be using our weekends and vacations to explore. We have lived in Florida for the majority of our lives so we are moving to Eastern Tennessee this weekend. No matter where we have traveled, we always get pulled to the Appalachians. Our blog abruptly stopped after our first crossing into Chile but it's purpose was to assist others that were embarking on a similar journey. We have been panelists at Expo and are considering applying for Expo East since we will be very close but we also wanted to join here to make ourselves available for anyone who may want to talk to yet another Pan-Am veteran. We have a slight inkling for Africa but our funds need to be replenished first.

Rig: 2001 Ford 7.3 E350 with Ujoint Offroad 4x4 and Sportsmobile Penthouse top. We converted the van to a camper ourselves and were quite surprised it all held up extremely well. Our rig is in need of some TLC so we will also be spending our free time sorting out all of the issues that have cropped up over the years. At some point we will gut it and maybe build it out more suited for the US but as it is it functions fine, albeit our canvas is getting pretty ragged.
View attachment 232643

Other: We left social media in 2020 but we have missed being connected with the community. I (John) have always preferred forums so it's great to see that there is a rather large one focused around what has been one of the largest defining moments in our lives. One of the greatest take-aways from our years on the road is that the overlanding lifestyle is much more about people than places. We enjoy assisting others and are known amongst our road-friends as being the planners. We also field a lot of questions regarding budget so that is our pathetic claim to fame, as if there is any. We are not off-roaders but we do love harder to reach places, no cell service is better. Our van, fully loaded, is right at 9,500lbs but we plan to pull a bunch of gear out of it which should make her a bit happier.

Enough of that. We are normal people who had never traveled before setting off to drive Alaska to Argentina. One of our favorite things is to answer emails from those that have questions or who just need a bit of encouragement to back away from the ledge. We have mentors whom we leaned on and we are wanting to pay it forward. Hopefully we can contribute to this community while simultaneously gaining knowledge related to our future endeavors.

-JaM
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hi, I'm new as well. We're living in the SF Bay Area and have a 2021 4Runner that we like taking on trips to deserts (DV, Utah) and mountains. Over the last 1.5 years we've slowly converted the 4Runner to a pretty convenient camping setup, and we'll be adding a bumper and winch soon. When we're not on the trail I love to do woodworking. We're not very experienced overlanders (a handful of short and longer solo trips), but we did tackle the Lippincott Pass in our stock 4Runner :blush: . Excited to get more involved in the community!

Gwen (& Esther)

View attachment 232619
View attachment 232620
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
New guy here from the east SF Bay Area...I've been an avid ADV motorcyclist for a few years and just bought a 2016 4Runner SR5 to share my adventures with my family. I'm looking forward to getting my 4Runner set up for some trail use and getting dirty.

Cheers!
Geoff
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hello,
Name is Dan. I’m new to Overlanding. I just finished my rig build. Well, almost. I still need a back bumper. Been building it out for about six months now. 2022 4Runner TRD Off-road. I was raised in the mountains north east of Fresno, ca and grew up around 4x4 but I wouldn’t say I’m an expert wheeler. I’m sure I still have a lot to learn and am always 4willing! I currently reside in Santa Barbara, Ca with my lovely wife, kids and two dogs. Oh, and two hairy cats. Here are some pics of my rig.
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
I’m still very new to overlanding and haven’t invested in any upgrades to my truck yet. I’ll be rocking a ground tent until I get some more experience. I’m hoping this forum will be a good way to join a local group on some runs and gain some knowledge.
Welcome from Sierra Vista!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hello fellow Overlanders,

I'm stoked to be part of this community, as many others I should have joined long ago.

I'm based in the Midwest since July of 2021 and call Kansas City, MO home.

I've been fortunate to have had opportunities that took me to the four corners of the globe, to include journey with my rig in the highlands of Scotland.

I've been mod'ing my 2018 Ford Raptor over the last years and as most would agree...it's never complete. But I'm at a good point now. Tuning my suspension to carry the overland load has been my biggest headache.

I look forward to collaborating with th
is community.

Cheers.

Niko G.
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hello
My name is Jose Manuel (JM)
nice to be able to participate in the forum

1) Picture! / a month ago the rig and the lake (laja)
2) Location / Concepción. Chile
3) 1995 Toyota Land Cruiser RJ70 (1KZ swap)
4) Overlanding Experience Background / novice!
Welcome, Jose, from Arizona, U.S.A.
Those are some great looking mountains in the background!
Very Nice!

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hello

Hallo Jose
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hello

Hi Jose,

Welcome to Overland Bound.

So you are living in a fantastic region for overlanding trips. Enjoy and safe travels.

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn