First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hello all!
We are Igor and Katrina from San Diego.
Just got a 2022 4runner TDR-off-road.
We have been camping for a while, but have zero experience in off-road travel. We would love to benefit from the wisdom of the OB community.
Hallo Igor and Katrina
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hello Everyone!

I’m Will and I’m from Northern Virginia. I drive a 2007 Toyota Sequoia with a handful of basic mods (level, lights, cosmetic). I’m new to overlanding and have yet to really venture out there but I’m hoping to make camp in the George Washington and Jefferson National Forests this summer.
Hallo William
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

ToolToolsky

Rank III

Contributor III

Escondido, California, United States
First Name
Igor
Last Name
Belka
Member #

Welcome.. the best wisdom... Take it offroad!!! There is no substitute for what right wheeling feels like. Learn the quirks and limits of your vehicle and trust the ability you find it has. Stuff flexes further that you think. Rock bumping sounds worse than it is.. airbags have a surprisingly high tolerance for bumping into stuff. And a good rule of thumb.. if you have to "throttle" through more often than not, then you need deeper gears.. the less effort it takes your rig to get through the least risk of breaking stuff
Thanks for your reply. Just going out and off-roading is the conclusion we came to as well. Have done some easy local stuff around home and had a blast. Now we're looking to go with a group on something more adventurous, hopefully OB will help with that. Also planning to take a I4WDTA course in October to get some actual 4WD instructions. However, October is long wait when we're this exited!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hello Everyone!

I’m Will and I’m from Northern Virginia. I drive a 2007 Toyota Sequoia with a handful of basic mods (level, lights, cosmetic). I’m new to overlanding and have yet to really venture out there but I’m hoping to make camp in the George Washington and Jefferson National Forests this summer.
Hi Will,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetíngs from Europe,
Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hello all!
We have been camping for a while, but have zero experience in off-road travel. We would love to benefit from the wisdom of the OB community.
Hi Igor and Katrina,

4runners are great overlanding rigs I think. Enjoy.

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hello Everyone!

I'm Oscar, a relative novice to the overland world but eager to start exploring. I'm in Northern California, near the bay area, and try to venture out with my wife, Kai, and our Lab as much as possible. We roam about in a lightly modified 2019 Toyota Tundra.

View attachment 233624

Look forward to meeting new people and exploring cool new places!

Thanks for the add!

Oscar
Hi Oscar,

Great setup.

Greetings from across the pond,
Bjoern

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Everyone!

I'm Oscar, a relative novice to the overland world but eager to start exploring. I'm in Northern California, near the bay area, and try to venture out with my wife, Kai, and our Lab as much as possible. We roam about in a lightly modified 2019 Toyota Tundra.

View attachment 233624

Thanks for the add!

Oscar
Hello Oscar & Kai, welcome to Overland Bound.

Mountaintrails71

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Newman Lake, Spokane County, Washington, United States
First Name
David
Last Name
Schlenker
Member #

Hello. New to this site. I am in Spokane WA but have lived around Eastern WA and North Idaho my hole life. I know a lot of the Cascade mountains and over my 50 plus years have been a avid off-roader with jeeps, atv’s and side by side. Looking forward to meeting people with equal interests. I have a GX460 that I use with a few mods

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
Hello. New to this site. I am in Spokane WA but have lived around Eastern WA and North Idaho my hole life. I know a lot of the Cascade mountains and over my 50 plus years have been a avid off-roader with jeeps, atv’s and side by side. Looking forward to meeting people with equal interests. I have a GX460 that I use with a few mods
Welcome to Overland Bound

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Welcome from Arizona!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi David,

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello David, welcome to Overland Bound.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome To Overland Bound
@M Rose is the Regional Director who can get you in touch with a Member Representative for local information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region. There is a meet-up in your area that can be found on the map.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: El-Dracho and Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone!

View attachment 233624

Thanks for the add!

Oscar
Welcome to Overland Bound Oscar
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact; Bay Area @PapaDave
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members. The East Bay meet-up in Livermore can be found on the member map, it is one of our most active meet-up's meeting monthly.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip
Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo About WEST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: El-Dracho and Shahn

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello all!
Greetings Katrina & Igor, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello Everyone!

View attachment 233624

Thanks for the add!

Oscar
Greetings Oscar, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Greetings David, welcome to Overland Bound!