freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Howdy folks, I'm Nate, I'm in Scandia Minnesota, own a 20 Jeep JT (Gladiator) and love building and wrenching on just about anything. Jeeps classic cars motorcycles old chainsaws anything! Ah, lifelong outdoors guy tent camping canoe camping. Just love being outdoors doing something. Also we tow a 2021 pop-up camper and try to get on at least one good driving trip a year. Hoping to make it more overland!!! Anybody ever in my area needs a hand just ask!!!
Hello Nathan, well OME to Overland Bound.

Carnage_95YJ

Rank VII

Expedition Master I

Matthews, North Carolina
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Casaburro
Member #

Hello ~ I'm Martyn, and I live in Los Angeles, CA. I have a 2008, Toyota, 4Runner that I recently starting using for more than just a daily driver. I plan on going on more trips, adventures, offroading and overlanding. Nothing too crazy, as it is my daily and i need to use it for work as well.
In the last year or so, I've occasionally been going out with a few new and more knowledgeable enthusiasts, that I've met along my journey.
Welcome to BO from Charlotte, NC!

Carnage_95YJ

Rank VII

Expedition Master I

Matthews, North Carolina
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Casaburro
Member #

Hello everyone,

As of a few weeks ago we live in TorC, NM. My better half and I began overlanding about 4 years ago but really kicked it into overdrive when the pandemic started. Most of our time has been spent exploring Colorado and Wyoming but have made several 2-3 week trips in the past two years (CO to CA, CO to FL, and a two week WY summer vacation). We have plans to head to the PNW for at least a month at the end of July and Baja some time in the fall. I now work remotely (thank you COVID) so we hope to overland a lot more from here on out (thank you Starlink). We look forward to meeting other members and getting a chance to tag along on some of your planned expeditions.

Cheers,
Dennis G.

Our Rig
2014 SR-5 + 2020 Sherpa Trailers BigFoot
Welcome to OB from Charlotte, NC!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey!
I'm from Ontario Canada

Rig: 2001 GMC Jimmy
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: El-Dracho and Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
hello everyone my name is jad
i love this védio and i hope to watch it
Welcome To Overland Bound Jad
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: El-Dracho and Shahn

Carnage_95YJ

Rank VII

Expedition Master I

Matthews, North Carolina
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Casaburro
Member #

Greetings from The Queen City (Charlotte) North Carolina!

I am originally from the Bay Area of CA and moved out East over the past 8 years. Lived in KY, East TN, and now in NC. I do miss CA and plan on doing adventures and head back out west to explore.

I have been wanting a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon for ever and finally I jumped on a JLUR 4XE! One month owner of it so far and I have code named it H!VLTG.

I am a novice to over landing and getting started and expanding my knowledge here.

Planning a trip for a short 2 day trip with my son for Father’s Day weekend.
Welcome, Jordan!
I host the Rigs and Coffee - Charlotte Rally Point. We meet in Charlotte the 2nd Saturday of the month. Here is the link, we would be happy to have you join us on our next outing, as well.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

I am originally from the Bay Area of CA and moved out East over the past 8 years. Lived in KY, East TN, and now in NC. I do miss CA and plan on doing adventures and head back out west to explore.

I have been wanting a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon for ever and finally I jumped on a JLUR 4XE! One month owner of it so far and I have code named it H!VLTG.

I am a novice to over landing and getting started and expanding my knowledge here.

Hello Jordan, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your service.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello everyone

I'm new to overlanding/off-roading activities but not to the outdoor. I love fishing, hiking and camping. Recently purchase a Bronco Sport Badlands and started make some modification so I can enjoy some overlanding.
I joined the forum to get some inside on the community and the dos and don'ts. Looking forward to interact with some of you and maybe in the near future share trip. Thank you
Hello Jose, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello! I am new to the group and this looks like an awesome community to be a part of. I'm located in Acton, Los Angeles County and I look forward to meeting up with some members, check out their rigs and plan some trips. My next big adventure is going back to Baja to see the whales in February. We have a 2006 F-350 CCLB.
Hello Jason, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Since I have not been very active, I figured I would give an updated introduction.

We started our journey with two Land Rover LR4s. As we transitioned from TN to MO, we also transitions to a Ram family of vehicles: my wife has a 1500 Rebel with some extra skid protection, and I have started building my 2500 power wagon.

I look forward to gaining some insight from our community as we finally buy time to get out and enjoy nature.

See you on the trails!
Updated Hello Michael, welcome to the OB family.

H!VLTG

Rank II

Member I

Gaston County, North Carolina, United States
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Shrum
Member #

Service Branch
USMC

Welcome, Jordan!
I host the Rigs and Coffee - Charlotte Rally Point. We meet in Charlotte the 2nd Saturday of the month. Here is the link, we would be happy to have you join us on our next outing, as well.

Thank you for the invite! I will definitely check it out and come out for the meet up.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello ~ I'm Martyn, and I live in Los Angeles, CA. I have a 2008, Toyota, 4Runner that I recently starting using for more than just a daily driver. I plan on going on more trips, adventures, offroading and overlanding. Nothing too crazy, as it is my daily and i need to use it for work as well.
In the last year or so, I've occasionally been going out with a few new and more knowledgeable enthusiasts, that I've met along my journey.
Hello Martyn, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello everyone,

As of a few weeks ago we live in TorC, NM. My better half and I began overlanding about 4 years ago but really kicked it into overdrive when the pandemic started. Most of our time has been spent exploring Colorado and Wyoming but have made several 2-3 week trips in the past two years (CO to CA, CO to FL, and a two week WY summer vacation). We have plans to head to the PNW for at least a month at the end of July and Baja some time in the fall. I now work remotely (thank you COVID) so we hope to overland a lot more from here on out (thank you Starlink). We look forward to meeting other members and getting a chance to tag along on some of your planned expeditions.

Cheers,
Dennis G.

Our Rig
2014 SR-5 + 2020 Sherpa Trailers BigFoot
Hello Dennis, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your service.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Howdy folks, I'm Nate, I'm in Scandia Minnesota, own a 20 Jeep JT (Gladiator) and love building and wrenching on just about anything. Jeeps classic cars motorcycles old chainsaws anything! Ah, lifelong outdoors guy tent camping canoe camping. Just love being outdoors doing something. Also we tow a 2021 pop-up camper and try to get on at least one good driving trip a year. Hoping to make it more overland!!! Anybody ever in my area needs a hand just ask!!!
Hello Nate, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi,
New to the group and overlanding. My experience is with adventure motorcycling (BMW R 1200 GSA) but my son always asks, “papa, why do you always want to go on those trips and leave me at home?”

So this is his answer! Since I can’t bring him on the bike, I’m setting up a Gladiator for new family adventures!

Dont get me wrong, the bike will still get it’s attention!

First adventure is a short drive from Nantucket, MA to Alaska. One month living in the jeep and learning lots!

Rig - in progress phase 1. 2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon.

Location - Nantucket Island

Experience adventuring in a Jeep - Newbie, but experienced on a bike.

Kenan
Hello Kenan, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey there fellow Overlanders!

I can't really call myself an overlander yet... However, we just ordered our RTT and bed rack a few days ago and my wife and I are beyond excited. I am in the process of setting up my 3.5L turbo V6 F150 for overlanding and I am looking forward to perusing the forums and getting all the advice I can get from experienced campers. We live in the PNW but want to travel all across the country.

Hope to see you all out there
Hello Jerry, welcome to the OB family.