Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

New overlander here in N. GA. My wife and I are in our mid-50's and kids are out of the house. We have a 2020 Wrangler JLU and 2021 Gladiator Mojave. Mojave will be our primary overlanding vehicle. Can't wait to get out and start experiencing more of what our great country has to offer. Until retirement it may only be 2-3 weeks a year but we're going to try and make the best of that time!

View attachment 226876
Hallo Mark
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
New overlander here in N. GA. My wife and I are in our mid-50's and kids are out of the house. We have a 2020 Wrangler JLU and 2021 Gladiator Mojave. Mojave will be our primary overlanding vehicle. Can't wait to get out and start experiencing more of what our great country has to offer. Until retirement it may only be 2-3 weeks a year but we're going to try and make the best of that time!

View attachment 226876
Hi Mark,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Nice Gladiator. 2 days ago I had the opportunity to ride in a Gladiator for the first time and was thrilled.

Greetings from Europe
Bjoern

mrpeterclark

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Boulder, CO, USA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Clark
Hi Long time car camper, overlander, etc. from stock vehicles to more built vehicles I think it's about getting and seeing , doing, and providing the experiences you can and want to have solo, with friends, or family.
We're a family of six in Boulder, CO and I am an assistant coach on my two high schooler's mountain bike team. We have dispersed camped for all of their races for the last three years plus many other similar trips throughout the years.We have built our family Suburban (Yukon XL) to be more capable for forest roads, and generally equipped it to be more trip/ camping specific, and probably a few not strictly necessary things.

Our current rig:
2007 Yukon XL Denali dubbed "Mucho"
  • 6.2L mostly stock
  • 6L80 (six speed) new last year
  • G80 14 bolt rear w/ 3.42 gears (stock)
  • Icon 2.5 Coilovers set at 2.5" lift
  • Cognito upper control arms
  • Dobinson 2" lift rear springs
  • Baseline Overland Roof Rack
  • Modified Chassis Unlimited winch bumper
  • Warn 12K winch w/ Factor 55 flat link
  • redarc tow pro trailer break controller.
  • 33" AT tires (Goodyear Ultraterrain)
  • Optima Yellow Top Battery
  • Offroad lights and controller

Attachments

Fernando1967

Rank II

Contributor III

Lake Jackson, Brazoria County, Texas, United States
First Name
Fer
Last Name
Salinas
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Hello, I’m Fernando. I live in the Texas Gulf Coast. I have a 2021 Army Green Tacoma Off Road TRD and I’m excited to be here. New to Overlanding. Looking forward to learning and getting some much needed guidance. Hope to meet and start participating.
Hello Fernando1967 (@Fernando1967 ), welcome to Overland Bound. I am Corey, one of your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. The other is Mike (@Roots66 ).

The Houston area has this meetup here: Recurring Bryan College Station Meet-up

The one we attend is in Round Rock: Recurring - North Central Texas Meet & Greet

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.

Overland Bound Meetups

Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”

Other resources:

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.

RESOURCE MAP

Adventure and Expedition Tutorials

Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials

Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.

Online Courses - Tread Lightly

Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com[/QUOTE

Thank you! This is a great community. When I first got interested in over-landing I didn’t know where to start. I have the truck now and here I know I will find the knowledge and brethren needed. This is a good day

Fernando1967

Rank II

Contributor III

First Name
Fer
Last Name
Salinas
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Hello, I’m Fernando. I live in the Texas Gulf Coast. I have a 2021 Army Green Tacoma Off Road TRD and I’m excited to be here. New to Overlanding. Looking forward to learning and getting some much needed guidance. Hope to meet and start participating.
Welcome to Overland Bound Fernando
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Some great local contacts are; in Texas @Roots66 & @Coreymol, and in the DFW area you can also contact @Prerunner1982
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Here is a Midwest expo in MO MOORE EXPO April 8-10, 2022
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com
Thank you!! There’s so many resources here! I’m glad I came here.

Fernando1967

Rank II

Contributor III

First Name
Fer
Last Name
Salinas
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Hello Fernando, welcome to Overland Bound!
Thanks Shahn!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

View attachment 226876
Hello Mark, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi Long time car camper, overlander, etc. from stock vehicles to more built vehicles I think it's about getting and seeing , doing, and providing the experiences you can and want to have solo, with friends, or family.
We're a family of six in Boulder, CO and I am an assistant coach on my two high schooler's mountain bike team. We have dispersed camped for all of their races for the last three years plus many other similar trips throughout the years.We have built our family Suburban (Yukon XL) to be more capable for forest roads, and generally equipped it to be more trip/ camping specific, and probably a few not strictly necessary things.

Our current rig:
  • 6.2L mostly stock
Hello Peter, welcome to Overland Bound.

Camguti

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Phoenix, Maricopa County, Arizona, United States
First Name
Cameron
Last Name
Gutierrez
Member #

I'm a newbie to overlanding and glad to find this OB community - the name is Gordon, I live in Orange County, CA, and am learning off-roading skills in my 2022 Land Rover Defender 110 (below). Looking forward to learning a lot from this group, and contributing when I can.
View attachment 226910
Welcome, Gordon. Nice Defender!

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Our current rig:
  • 6.2L mostly stock
Hallo Peter
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

I'm a newbie to overlanding and glad to find this OB community - the name is Gordon, I live in Orange County, CA, and am learning off-roading skills in my 2022 Land Rover Defender 110 (below). Looking forward to learning a lot from this group, and contributing when I can.
View attachment 226910
Hallo Gordon
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

Our current rig:
  • 6.2L mostly stock
Hi Peter and welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
View attachment 226910
Hi Gordon,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

That is a nice NEW DEFENDER. If you like, please tell more about it, what engine does it has, how you upgraded it and so on. Would be interesting. Thank you.

Greetings from Europe
Bjoern

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
View attachment 226910
Hello Gordon, welcome to Overland Bound.

Z Adventures

Rank VI
Investor

Pathfinder III

Georgia, United States
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Zeilenga
Member #

Welcome Gordon. I'm new as well. CA is a great place to get your feet wet.

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549

Our current rig:
  • 6.2L mostly stock
Hello Peter, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
View attachment 226910
Hello Gordon, welcome to Overland Bound!