Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hey everyone! :) I just signed up and am excited to connect. I am new to overlanding. In fact, I don't even have my 4x4 vehicle yet, but is about to buy it. I'm living in Denmark, Europe and want to explore Norway and the Pyrenees (Spain, France, Andorra) soon. Anyone else here from Denmark (or close by)?
Hi and welcome to Overland Bound!

I am currently traveling in Norway. Where are you located in DK? Maybe when can meetup on my way back to Germany?!

Look around herenand you will find plenty of information re overlanding. Therenis alsomthe european subforum and you could check the Rally Points for upcoming events in your area. In case you have any questions please let me know. Always happy to help.

Greetings from Northern Norway,
Björn

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
-) Oshkosh, WI
-) 2006 Dodge Dakota 4.7L (just bought it, fixing it up first)
-) My experience is pretty limited to gravel/dirt farm roads.

Just starting to get into it. I've always traveled around state parts, but nothing really off road, and I want some new experiences, so I'm starting to build a rig off the dakota.
Hi and welcome to Overland Bound!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hey everyone, new here. Me and my gf have been overlanding for couple of years now, we're very much into taking video of our trips and have done couple youtube videos, Also have designed some off road inspired T-shirts.
Looking forward to meeting you guys out on the trails!!

Rig: 09 Ford Explorer 4x4
Experience: I'd say beginner still :D
Hi Steven and welcome to Overland Bound!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Just scooped up a CVT m-416 trailer... new to the forum. PO (and PPO) have it off to a great start with solar, LiFePO4, custom drawer, custom rack and 12v fridge... we cant wait to get it out on the trail!View attachment 223120
Hi Matt,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

That is a nice looking trailer. Enjoy your travrls with it.

Greetings from across the pond,
Bjoern

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hello everyone. My name is Rodney Neill.
I've recently joined this website in an effort to learn more about the Overlanding community and its wide variety of vehicles.
I am not a 4x4 or an overlanding person per say however I would like to sincerely learn if my product line is a viable option for this community in any way.
Simply put, my products are magnetic methods of storage. Not earth shattering, but they have worked fairly well for those currently using them for their applications.
I have until recently stayed in the original industry which they have been designed for which is the Nuclear Security Industry & Law Enforcement.
I plan to travel this year for some of the meet ups and hope to meet some of you folks.
My IG's are @tactote , @tac_tote_travels, < My Tacoma can be seen there, and the newest account is @tac_tote_overland.

Location is Western Massachusetts. Look forward to meeting some of you!
Hallo Rodney
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hey all!

Name's Justin, and I somehow was totally oblivious to this place until last week. I feel so cheated for all those years! Anyway, I love camping and backpacking (and overlanding, but that's a given, right?), and my spouse tolerates car camping. So, you know, overlanding is a good compromise there, right? I also inherited my dad's tendency to take the long way 'round where possible.

Anyway, I don't have much at the moment. Had a loaded backpack that was stolen out of my office a couple years ago, and still haven't gotten around to replacing most of that, owing to having had our first child around the same time. I drive a 2007 Tahoe, of which it would be silly to post pics (just Google "2007 Tahoe RWD silver"; that's what my rig looks like!), but I just sold my Chevelle, and when the time comes to make good on the promise of getting another arguably-useless vehicle, well, I just learned that the guy up the road from me has a yard full of IH Scouts...

I'm in SoCal, by way of NW Oregon. As far as experience... I'm probably solidly intermediate. Haven't gotten out much in recent years, but I've driven my fair share of of Forest Service "roads" and logging spurs over the years. And last summer, I circuited Haleakala in a rented Dodge Grand Caravan on the Hana/Pi'ilani "Highways", so there's that. :)
Hi Justin,

Thank you for your detailed intro.

Bjoern

SorrTrek

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

Washington, DC
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Sorrell
Member #

Greetings all,

I'm a novice that loves the outdoors and learning - there's something about this I find oddly intriguing and exciting. My rig is a 2016 Highlander and I'm located in central Indiana. "Adventure is out there" and I'm looking forward to finding it.
Welcome, great place to start for your new addiction!

SorrTrek

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

Washington, DC
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Sorrell
Member #

Hi everyone,

My name is Matthew, I live in Georgia with my wife and 8 month old daughter. Trying to get into this so that we get outside more and set that habit for our daughter. We have gone camping in state parks but that's about it.

Vehicle wise I've got a 2016 Tundra crew cab 4x4 and she drives a 2015 Lexus GX460. They are basically stock, I put all terrain tires on the Tundra and it has a Yaesu FTM400 because I'm into amateur radio.

Looking forward to learning from the group,

Matthew
Welcome, my boys have been taking part since they were little and they love it. Gets easier as they get older, less stuff to bring haha.

Explorador

Rank IV

Traveler III

Aliquippa, Beaver County, Pennsylvania, United States
First Name
Elvin
Last Name
Ocasio
Member #

Service Branch
US SRMY
Just scooped up a CVT m-416 trailer... new to the forum. PO (and PPO) have it off to a great start with solar, LiFePO4, custom drawer, custom rack and 12v fridge... we cant wait to get it out on the trail!View attachment 223120
Looks like a unstoppable combination of truck and trailer....

jordan2023

Rank II

Contributor II

Fort Leonard Wood, MO, USA
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Thomas
Member #

First time posting here. I am located around Fort Leonard, MO. I recently purchased a FJ60, would like to find other cruisers in the area to explore the close to the Ozark’s.
You should go the The Rendezvous in the Ozarks next October! Great time!!!

Hank
Hank, I knew nothing about it. I will definitely check it out next year. Where is it held?

Wheel2Live Outdoors

Rank V

Advocate II

De Queen, AR 71832
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Baker
Member #

Greetings all,

I'm a novice that loves the outdoors and learning - there's something about this I find oddly intriguing and exciting. My rig is a 2016 Highlander and I'm located in central Indiana. "Adventure is out there" and I'm looking forward to finding it.
Welcome IndianaMark. This place has a wealth of information and never disappoints.

Wheel2Live Outdoors

Rank V

Advocate II

De Queen, AR 71832
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Baker
Member #

Hello Everyone,

I am new to the OB community and my nick name is J.T.,

I am looking forward to making new friends, learning, and contribute as well with any of my experiences.

Vehicle: 2005 Jeep Wrangler TJ Sport Soft Top (2" lift with 31 BFG KO2)
Experience: Some car camping experiences
welcome to the community.

Wheel2Live Outdoors

Rank V

Advocate II

De Queen, AR 71832
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Baker
Member #

Hello fellow adventurers, Michael here from Atlanta, Ga! Hope to meet new friends and create amazing experiences. Currently rocking a 2005 Tacoma Sport with AT Habitat - absolutely love adventuring out west and just got back from TX, NM & AZ and am planning to head back out soon!
Welcome Michael. That AT Habitat is sweet.

Uniquely Us Adventures

Rank VIII

Pathfinder I

Sacramento, California, United States
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Montelbetti
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
HAM - KN6TKY & GMRS - WRQT727
Service Branch
FIRE/EMS
Hey hey y’all!! Been a member for awhile now but lurking in the shadows too long so here I am! I’m a proud owner of a built for adventure 2021 Tacoma TRD OR sitting on King 2.5, CBI sliders and RCI skids with more mods than I can count but they are 90% functional. I have a build list of anybody is interested. I do some weekend trips all over Northern California and am looking at doing some serious adventures. I also love to film and make YouTube videos. Looking forward to all this platform has to offer!
Cheers

Attachments

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi everyone,

My name is Matthew, I live in Georgia with my wife and 8 month old daughter. Trying to get into this so that we get outside more and set that habit for our daughter. We have gone camping in state parks but that's about it.

Vehicle wise I've got a 2016 Tundra crew cab 4x4 and she drives a 2015 Lexus GX460. They are basically stock, I put all terrain tires on the Tundra and it has a Yaesu FTM400 because I'm into amateur radio.

Looking forward to learning from the group,

Matthew
Hello Matthew, welcome to Overland Bound.

Wheel2Live Outdoors

Rank V

Advocate II

De Queen, AR 71832
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Baker
Member #

Hey hey y’all!! Been a member for awhile now but lurking in the shadows too long so here I am! I’m a proud owner of a built for adventure 2021 Tacoma TRD OR sitting on King 2.5, CBI sliders and RCI skids with more mods than I can count but they are 90% functional. I have a build list of anybody is interested. I do some weekend trips all over Northern California and am looking at doing some serious adventures. I also love to film and make YouTube videos. Looking forward to all this platform has to offer!
Cheers
Welcome to OB. Awesome build btw.