freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
I’m Chris, and we’re checking in from Sumter, SC. We recently moved her from CO, and are looking forward to exploring the east coast (as well as heading back out west) in our 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. I wouldn’t call us experts at overlanding, but we’re definitely not novices. Hope to see some of the OB crew on the road/trails!
Hello Chris, welcome to Overland Bound.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Tom here...been a lurker for a while (and a forum member, but it's time to contribute to keeping this going!)
I would say I'm a different breed of overlander, as I'm an ultra-runner (so overlanding on foot?). Have done a lot of camping (both on foot, and more recently car camping), but as things have gotten busier in the world, I wanted to expand where I could go to get away, and the focus remains on finding amazing places to camp and run.
Located in Denver, but can be found in the mountains most weekends in the summer. Current *rig* (I should just say vehicle) is an ML350..but that's been on the way out for a while due to a number of constraints. Used it last year to dial in what I wanted to build, as I like to work from camp (have a remote job), stay off the grid for 3-5 days regularly (hoping for some longer trips as I do build out my rig), and now I think I know how I want to do it...so the rig should be a fun process, and I expect I'll be sharing it as it comes together.
Looking forward to learning more from this group, meeting some people (virtually and in person), and generally enjoying the outdoors.
Hello Tom, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello everyone, as the username implies, this is Lino.
I am located in south Florida and have been riding the local trails since 2012 or so.
To me overland is vehicle based travel to experience other cultures and their relationship with the outdoors.
Tread lightly tread trainer, big cypress volunteer, studying for the ham tech license (finally got around to it right when everyone started switching to GMRS)
Mostly day trips to big cypress preserve but every once in a while I visit Ocala/Citrus for a long weekend.
I try to pack my trips in with my other hobbies, as they revolve around being outdoors (hiking, orienteering, mtb, kayaking/sup, shooting sports.) Basically anything outdoors.
Off road travel is a generational thing for me as my dad and uncles were involved in the hobby in my home country of Venezuela.
I have been doing it on my own since I started driving and bought my own first car (gen 1 xterra.) I have worked on and driven all kinds of different 4x4s- from Nissan, Toyota, Mitsu and even a Touareg.
Right now I am building an 05 xterra off road.
It was in… rough shape, when I got it but I wanted to get back into the off road scene and it was at a great price.
In my opinion most used SUVs under $10k are going to need a lot of work to get them where I want on the road, regardless of how their age/mileage.
I thought if I was gonna be swapping out parts might as well get a deal on something that NEEDS things replaced.
The entire front drivetrain except cvs and brakes had to be replaced, the whole rear susp and hatch/rear fenders/pinch weld was rusting.
While we were in there we put a small spacer lift. This week it’ll have a winch/bumper put on and next week it’ll have 33” duratracs installed.
I joined this forum to meet and discuss with folks who are involved in the hobby locally.
Hello Lino, welcome to the OB family.

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the OB community and my nick name is J.T.,

I am looking forward to making new friends, learning, and contribute as well with any of my experiences.

Vehicle: 2005 Jeep Wrangler TJ Sport Soft Top (2" lift with 31 BFG KO2)
Experience: Some car camping experiences
Hello JT, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello All,
Justin here in the Nashville area. New to Overlanding but not camping, trails, etc.. Looking to link up with a group and take my long awaited vacation. Current vehicle 2017 TRD DCab 4x4 Yota. No lift so ex nay on the rock crawling.
Hello Justin, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
I’m Chris, and we’re checking in from Sumter, SC. We recently moved her from CO, and are looking forward to exploring the east coast (as well as heading back out west) in our 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. I wouldn’t call us experts at overlanding, but we’re definitely not novices. Hope to see some of the OB crew on the road/trails!
Hello Chris, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey everyone! I'm Rick and I'm excited to be here!

I'm in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA.
3) I have a (new to me) 2015 Toyota 4RUNNER. It's mostly stock as far as I can tell. It's and SR5 Premium and seems to have most of the off road goodies that the TRD models have without the badging and price tag. My goal is to try to make it as capable as possible while keeping it looking stock.
4) Overlanding Experience Background: I would consider myself a novice. I had a 95 Bronco back in the day and took it out out a few times but it was a bit of a basketcase and wasn't reliable...so I didn't do a lot with it and ended up selling it. Looking forward to getting out on some trails again!
Hello Rick, welcome to the OB family.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone! I'm Rick and I'm excited to be here!

I'm in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA.
3) I have a (new to me) 2015 Toyota 4RUNNER. It's mostly stock as far as I can tell. It's and SR5 Premium and seems to have most of the off road goodies that the TRD models have without the badging and price tag. My goal is to try to make it as capable as possible while keeping it looking stock.
4) Overlanding Experience Background: I would consider myself a novice. I had a 95 Bronco back in the day and took it out out a few times but it was a bit of a basketcase and wasn't reliable...so I didn't do a lot with it and ended up selling it. Looking forward to getting out on some trails again!
Welcome To Overland Bound Rick
You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: El-Dracho and Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome To Overland Bound Chris
Great rig (0IIIIIII0)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members. A great local resource is @NC-Trooper
RESOURCE MAP
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All,
Justin here in the Nashville area. New to Overlanding but not camping, trails, etc.. Looking to link up with a group and take my long awaited vacation. Current vehicle 2017 TRD DCab 4x4 Yota. No lift so ex nay on the rock crawling.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members. A great local resource in your area is @Hank Outdoors
RESOURCE MAP
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone,

I am looking forward to making new friends, learning, and contribute as well with any of my experiences.

Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact; Bay Area @PapaDave
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip
Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone, as the username implies, this is Lino.
I am located in south Florida and have been riding the local trails since 2012 or so.
To me overland is vehicle based travel to experience other cultures and their relationship with the outdoors.
Tread lightly tread trainer, big cypress volunteer, studying for the ham tech license (finally got around to it right when everyone started switching to GMRS)
Mostly day trips to big cypress preserve but every once in a while I visit Ocala/Citrus for a long weekend.
I try to pack my trips in with my other hobbies, as they revolve around being outdoors (hiking, orienteering, mtb, kayaking/sup, shooting sports.) Basically anything outdoors.
Off road travel is a generational thing for me as my dad and uncles were involved in the hobby in my home country of Venezuela.
I have been doing it on my own since I started driving and bought my own first car (gen 1 xterra.) I have worked on and driven all kinds of different 4x4s- from Nissan, Toyota, Mitsu and even a Touareg.
Right now I am building an 05 xterra off road.
It was in… rough shape, when I got it but I wanted to get back into the off road scene and it was at a great price.
In my opinion most used SUVs under $10k are going to need a lot of work to get them where I want on the road, regardless of how their age/mileage.
I thought if I was gonna be swapping out parts might as well get a deal on something that NEEDS things replaced.
The entire front drivetrain except cvs and brakes had to be replaced, the whole rear susp and hatch/rear fenders/pinch weld was rusting.
While we were in there we put a small spacer lift. This week it’ll have a winch/bumper put on and next week it’ll have 33” duratracs installed.
I joined this forum to meet and discuss with folks who are involved in the hobby locally.
Welcome To Overland Bound Lino
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Tom here...been a lurker for a while (and a forum member, but it's time to contribute to keeping this going!)
I would say I'm a different breed of overlander, as I'm an ultra-runner (so overlanding on foot?). Have done a lot of camping (both on foot, and more recently car camping), but as things have gotten busier in the world, I wanted to expand where I could go to get away, and the focus remains on finding amazing places to camp and run.
Located in Denver, but can be found in the mountains most weekends in the summer. Current *rig* (I should just say vehicle) is an ML350..but that's been on the way out for a while due to a number of constraints. Used it last year to dial in what I wanted to build, as I like to work from camp (have a remote job), stay off the grid for 3-5 days regularly (hoping for some longer trips as I do build out my rig), and now I think I know how I want to do it...so the rig should be a fun process, and I expect I'll be sharing it as it comes together.
Looking forward to learning more from this group, meeting some people (virtually and in person), and generally enjoying the outdoors.
Welcome to Overland Bound Tom
RESOURCE MAP
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
OB Members Colorado
Your Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Texman Here from Amarillo TX. just posted my trailer build. looking forward to Spring and gettin out. Empty nesters and campers, hikers and fishermen (Women)
Welcome to Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Some great local contacts are; in Texas @Roots66, and in the DFW area you can also contact @Prerunner1982
RESOURCE MAP
Here is a Midwest expo in MO MOORE EXPO April 8-10, 2022

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hello Everyone,

Hi Florentino

I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The East Bay meet up has a great 2022 lined up and you are invited! You can see the plan under the second post in our thread. We will be meeting Feb 13th.

Below is a link to the meet up page and thread with information.

This is the regular meet up info:

US West - East Bay Monthly Meet Up—Pleasanton CA | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

RedMochi

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Alameda, CA, USA
First Name
Florentino
Last Name
Tong
Hi Florentino

I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The East Bay meet up has a great 2022 lined up and you are invited! You can see the plan under the second post in our thread. We will be meeting Feb 13th.

Below is a link to the meet up page and thread with information.

This is the regular meet up info:

US West - East Bay Monthly Meet Up—Pleasanton CA | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Hello Dave,

Thank you for the information, I will definitely will check out the meetup schedule and try to attend.

I think I may have been to one of the Pleasanton meetup prior to the Covid-19, and I had a good time checking out the different rigs and also talking about Overlanding.

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello Everyone,

Hello J.T., welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello All,
Hello Justin, welcome to Overland Bound!