Member I

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Swamy
Last Name
Bachu
Member #

Howdy Team OB

I'm Joe Quinto and I reside in Houston TX. I wheel in a lifted 2014 Jeep Wrangler.

USMC Veteran (91-20)
Federal Service (20-10)

I specialized in organizing wheeling trips for veterans and first responders. Looking forward to meeting everyone.View attachment 221458
NIce RIg.. welcome to OBO.

samba

Rank V
Investor

Member I

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Swamy
Last Name
Bachu
Member #

Hi,

My name is Matt. I am currently out of Travelers Rest, SC. I just purchased a 2013 jku wrangler. She is called ,"The Black Pearl."

I have the approach of only fix it if it is broken or if it's something I just want or something that would make traveling with my wife and 2 toddlers a little easier.

When it comes to the outdoors of camping, hiking, etc, I have a lot of experience. However, when it comes to overlanding and off-roading, I am quite new.

I love to learn and have a lot of questions, especially for those who are women and those who travel with kids.
Welcome to OBO. Niec rig.

samba

Rank V
Investor

Member I

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Swamy
Last Name
Bachu
Member #

Sup folks,

Really excited to be here! Just got into overlanding recently, but all in. I reside in West TN and am hoping to hit up LBL and the ozarks very soon!

In the last month I added a lift and 33's to my 07 taco along with the yakima bedrack/rtt system. Hoping to install my usoffroad bumper and SB winch this weekend and hit trails asap.

Looking forward to meeting some fellow enthusiasts and learn from the pros!
Welcome to OBO.

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

samba

Rank V
Investor

Member I

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Swamy
Last Name
Bachu
Member #

Hi All I am AJ from Christchurch. New Zealand. I drive a 1995 Mitsubishi Pajero. Been 4wding and overlanding for a few years now and wanting to now share with the international community
IG @kiwi_overlanders
View attachment 221096
Nice Rig... The pajeros are iconic. .. welcome to OBO.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Any Pink Floyd fans out there?
I'm in the PWN / King County.
So, I'm both new and old to overlanding. Before I had real kid's I had a 79 Jeep CJ5. Like a child when you feed a rig green stuff it grows up. Started with a stock rig and grew up to run 4:10's, w/ an arch-locker on 35's... a shackle swap and spring over lift. What a great crawler.
Now I'm all in and full size with a new to me F150. What's in the mail? FOX 2.0 suspension, RSI SmartCap, BedRug. S2 Baja design revers lights. In the cart... a cheap steal bumper that I can cut-up/modify for an integrated swing away Recon bike rack. A solar kit (still working on that spec) AUX power control system, some big tires. Maybe 35's but probably 33's. I'll figure the rest out as I go.

Any Fullsize fit-out suggestions are welcome.

Why Overland... My daughter and I travel to race mountain bikes and we ski for fun. From Virgin UT to Whistler BC and everything between, to and fro. Such great adventures!

Hello , Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @Ubiety is your closest member representative.
To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).
Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi,

My name is Matt. I am currently out of Travelers Rest, SC. I just purchased a 2013 jku wrangler. She is called ,"The Black Pearl."

I have the approach of only fix it if it is broken or if it's something I just want or something that would make traveling with my wife and 2 toddlers a little easier.

When it comes to the outdoors of camping, hiking, etc, I have a lot of experience. However, when it comes to overlanding and off-roading, I am quite new.

I love to learn and have a lot of questions, especially for those who are women and those who travel with kids.
Hello Matt, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Howdy Team OB

I'm Joe Quinto and I reside in Houston TX. I wheel in a lifted 2014 Jeep Wrangler.

USMC Veteran (91-20)
Federal Service (20-10)

I specialized in organizing wheeling trips for veterans and first responders. Looking forward to meeting everyone.View attachment 221458
Hello Joe, welcome to Overland Bound.
Thank you for your service.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Howdy Team OB

USMC Veteran (91-20)
Federal Service (20-10)

Hallo Joe
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy Team OB

USMC Veteran (91-20)
Federal Service (20-10)

Welcome to Overland Bound Joe
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Some great local contacts are; in Texas @Roots66, and in the DFW area you can also contact @Prerunner1982
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Here is a Midwest expo in MO MOORE EXPO April 8-10, 2022
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Rig: 2017 ford raptor
Experience: novice/some trail experience.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact; Central Valley @TOMB
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip
Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: El-Dracho and Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi,

Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Reactions: Shahn

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi,

Hello Matt, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Howdy Team OB

USMC Veteran (91-20)
Federal Service (20-10)

Hello Joe, welcome to Overland Bound! That's super awesome you organize those trips!

Last edited:

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Howdy Team OB

USMC Veteran (91-20)
Federal Service (20-10)

Hallo joe
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Contributor III

Washington, NC, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Reapp
Member #

Service Branch
U.S.M.C Veteran
Hey everyone!

My name is Brian, I just finally bought the truck of MY dreams a 2022 Chevy Colorado ZR2, I have already started getting how I want it to explode even more, I already have some experience over landing, but I mostly used a 23Zero 1550 Swag to sleep out of instead of a rooftop tent because I didn’t have a 4x4 so I couldn’t get too far off beaten path. I’m hoping to change that! I’m from eastern North Carolina and I Can’t wait to see you all out there!

Attachments