Contributor III

Folsom, CA, USA
First Name
Yaya
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Hello everyone,
My husband and I are excited to have joined the Overland community. We are new to this type of adventure and have had our JLU less than a year. We have begun to build it up and are really looking forward to exploring all across North America. We are based out of Ontario, Canada and can’t wait to spread our wings. Our first big trip will be this summer for our 30th wedding anniversary.
We both look forward to meeting members along the way.
Welcome to the OB community!
Hello, welcome!

D4R4x4

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Sumner County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Darrell
Last Name
Timmons
Member #

Hello all,

I’m “Yaya” and I’m new here.

Rig: 21’ Toyota 4R TRD Pro
Experience: Just getting started

I’m not new to adventure, I’m new to adventuring in a capable vehicle. As of now, she’s fully stock, I do have a few things sitting in garage that need to be installed and time has just been against me.

My goal is to learn my rig, meet up with groups and see new roads, explore other states and make epic memories.

I’m glad a friend of mine recommended this group and happy to be apart of it!

Hope you all had a great day!
Looks like a nice capable rig. I like the color.

D4R4x4

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

First Name
Darrell
Last Name
Timmons
Member #

Hi all
So-cal resident
2015 chevrolet express 2500 2wd

Novice or below overland experience.

Im fascinated by overlanding. Im currently just enjoying camping out of the van.

I look forward to some casual events to meet some new folks.

D4R4x4

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

First Name
Darrell
Last Name
Timmons
Member #

Howdy. First name is Erik.

Located in Texas, San Marcos area for now. But getting ready to hit the road for a while. Sabbatical I guess you would say.

2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4. Lift, tires, wheels, and all the various bits to support a long trip.

Would say I'm "novice +" maybe? Or Moderate? Was a COLT Platoon Sergeant and team chief in the Army for the 3rd ACR plus a longtime offroader in Jeeps (currently own my 13th - a '99 XJ). Have done trips to the Big Bend Region and a trip up to Wyoming and back through the Alpine Loop area, so definitely more than a "beginner". But the trip I'm prepping for is going to be my first time traveling for weeks to months since I received my DD-214.

Don't yet have a website/blog/etc. set up but do have a Facebook page, Thrive Overland, and the usual instagram, thrive_overland.

The pic is my setup from my trip last summer. I have since moved on to a bedrack+RTT.

View attachment 221352

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

D4R4x4

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

First Name
Darrell
Last Name
Timmons
Member #

I live in Franklin Co., Missouri, and being a BSA leader keeps me busy in my spare time.
I get to spend a considerable amount of time in the woods and on the water as part of my job.
I would call myself experienced from my years as a mechanic in the Army and having to recover vehicles from operators that did not know how to drive off-road.
Recently sold my 96 XJ and regretted it the same day. Looking for a replacement ASAP.

Jedi-son

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Bellevue Wa
First Name
James
Last Name
Edison
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Not Yet
Service Branch
US Marine Corp
Any Pink Floyd fans out there?
I'm in the PWN / King County.
So, I'm both new and old to overlanding. Before I had real kid's I had a 79 Jeep CJ5. Like a child when you feed a rig green stuff it grows up. Started with a stock rig and grew up to run 4:10's, w/ an arch-locker on 35's... a shackle swap and spring over lift. What a great crawler.
Now I'm all in and full size with a new to me F150. What's in the mail? FOX 2.0 suspension, RSI SmartCap, BedRug. S2 Baja design revers lights. In the cart... a cheap steal bumper that I can cut-up/modify for an integrated swing away Recon bike rack. A solar kit (still working on that spec) AUX power control system, some big tires. Maybe 35's but probably 33's. I'll figure the rest out as I go.

Any Fullsize fit-out suggestions are welcome.

Why Overland... My daughter and I travel to race mountain bikes and we ski for fun. From Virgin UT to Whistler BC and everything between, to and fro. Such great adventures!

Last edited:

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

So, I'm both new and old to overlanding. Before I had real kid's I had a 79 Jeep CJ5. Like a child when you feed a rig green stuff it grows up. Started with a stock rig and grew up to run 4:10's, w/ an arch-locker on 35's... a shackle swap and spring over lift. What a great crawler.
Now I'm all in and full size with a new to me F150. What's in the mail? FOX 2.0 suspension, RSI SmartCap, BedRug. S2 Baja design revers lights. In the cart... a cheap steal bumper that I can cut-up/modify for an integrated swing away Recon bike rack. A solar kit (still working on that spec) AUX power control system, some big tires. Maybe 35's but probably 33's. I'll figure the rest out as I go.

Why Overland... My daughter and I travel to race mountain bikes and we ski for fun. From Virgin UT to Whistler BC and everything between, to and fro. Such great adventures!
Hallo James
PF fan for sure
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Taco07

Rank I

Contributor III

Memphis, TN, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Cook
Sup folks,

Really excited to be here! Just got into overlanding recently, but all in. I reside in West TN and am hoping to hit up LBL and the ozarks very soon!

In the last month I added a lift and 33's to my 07 taco along with the yakima bedrack/rtt system. Hoping to install my usoffroad bumper and SB winch this weekend and hit trails asap.

Looking forward to meeting some fellow enthusiasts and learn from the pros!

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Sup folks,

Really excited to be here! Just got into overlanding recently, but all in. I reside in West TN and am hoping to hit up LBL and the ozarks very soon!

In the last month I added a lift and 33's to my 07 taco along with the yakima bedrack/rtt system. Hoping to install my usoffroad bumper and SB winch this weekend and hit trails asap.

Hallo Brian
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Located in Texas, San Marcos area for now. But getting ready to hit the road for a while. Sabbatical I guess you would say.

2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4. Lift, tires, wheels, and all the various bits to support a long trip.

Would say I'm "novice +" maybe? Or Moderate? Was a COLT Platoon Sergeant and team chief in the Army for the 3rd ACR plus a longtime offroader in Jeeps (currently own my 13th - a '99 XJ). Have done trips to the Big Bend Region and a trip up to Wyoming and back through the Alpine Loop area, so definitely more than a "beginner". But the trip I'm prepping for is going to be my first time traveling for weeks to months since I received my DD-214.

Don't yet have a website/blog/etc. set up but do have a Facebook page, Thrive Overland, and the usual instagram, thrive_overland.

The pic is my setup from my trip last summer. I have since moved on to a bedrack+RTT.

View attachment 221352
Hello Erik, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
I live in Franklin Co., Missouri, and being a BSA leader keeps me busy in my spare time.
I get to spend a considerable amount of time in the woods and on the water as part of my job.
I would call myself experienced from my years as a mechanic in the Army and having to recover vehicles from operators that did not know how to drive off-road.
Recently sold my 96 XJ and regretted it the same day. Looking for a replacement ASAP.
Hello Joe, welcome to Overland Bound.
Thank you for your service.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
H
Sup folks,

Hello Brian, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Hello James, welcome to Overland Bound.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Sup folks,

Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members. For you trip to the Ozark's contact @BlueLineOverland for local info.
RESOURCE MAP
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Last edited:

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome to Overland Bound
For your Full Size Rig; Full Sized Rigs
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly universal online awareness course.
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
The Regional Director for local information is @M Rose
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Shahn

BlueLineOverland

Local Expert, Arkansas USA

Experimenter II

Ozark Arkansas
First Name
Mason
Last Name
Berry
Member #

Sup folks,

Welcome!!!!! We have a lot of members in West Tennessee!!!! If you find yourself in the Arkansas Ozarks and need something don't hesitate to reach out!!!! Cheers!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Midwest
Welcome to Overland Bound
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Here is a great expo in MO MOORE EXPO April 8-10, 2022

Reactions: Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

View attachment 221352
Welcome to Overland Bound Erik
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Some great local contacts are; in Texas @Roots66, and in the DFW area you can also contact @Prerunner1982
You might be interested in this page since you will be on a long "Sabbatical"
RESOURCE MAP