Rank I

Contributor III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hannon
Hello all,
Just joined up today but have been camping/backpacking for years.
Currently working on my XJ to get some cool rooftop gear and redundant power, hoping to meet some groups/find some areas to go out and camp.
I live in Mesa/Phoenix, Az down by the salt, often head North.
Got linked here due to the heat exchanger/shower thread and going to give that a shot!

Forum looks awesome.

Joe Wolf

Rank V

Advocate III

Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Wolf
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Hello all,
Currently working on my XJ to get some cool rooftop gear and redundant power, hoping to meet some groups/find some areas to go out and camp.
Got linked here due to the heat exchanger/shower thread and going to give that a shot!

Forum looks awesome.
Exarach, welcome! Pleasure to meet ya!

Joe

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hello all,

Forum looks awesome.
Hallo chaun
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello OB Pack.

JOE WOLF
Wandering OverLand Family
Est. 2011 - Exploring and Adventuring together with our family. Enjoying locations and roads less traveled, National Parks and historic places.
2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 4x4
Veteran - USMC
SouthWest USA
Hello Joe, welcome to Overland Bound.
Thank you for your service.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello all,

Forum looks awesome.
  • Hello Shaun
Welcome to the Overland Bound community

My name is Rich Anderssohn, I am your US Southwest member representative for Arizona

Here are some helpful links to get you started

U.S. SouthWest (AZ NM TX OK)

Overland Bound Meetups

Overland Trip Planning

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-routes-downloadable.29/?prefix_id=67

Map - Overland Bound

Welcome to Rally Point! - Overland Bound

24RobM

Rank III
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Wiggins, MS, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
McKinnell
Member #

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I hope to actually do a little overlanding if I can find someone to go with. I've never been a fan of single rig wheeling lol

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

Joe Wolf

Rank V

Advocate III

Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Wolf
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I hope to actually do a little overlanding if I can find someone to go with. I've never been a fan of single rig wheeling lol
Rob we are currently up the road from ya ;) Arkansas and plan to probably head southeast for a few in another few months and we’d enjoy the opportunity to meet up and explore and adventure your area!

Joe

JakeHalloran

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger II

Chehalis, WA
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Halloran
Member #

Hey all!

I just joined and bought a 2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad. I've had a Jeep TJ and CJ7 in the past, I grew up wheeling in central/southern California (Rubicon/Deer Valley/Anza Borrego/etc). I love in Western Washington state now.

Me and my wife are planning a week long roadtrip to Southern California and back at the end of February, I'll take plenty of pictures and post what I can!

I'm getting away from hard-core trails and getting more into distance travel and exploration. Hoping to meet some cool people along the way.

Attachments

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hey all!

I just joined and bought a 2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad. I've had a Jeep TJ and CJ7 in the past, I grew up wheeling in central/southern California (Rubicon/Deer Valley/Anza Borrego/etc). I love in Western Washington state now.

Me and my wife are planning a week long roadtrip to Southern California and back at the end of February, I'll take plenty of pictures and post what I can!

I'm getting away from hard-core trails and getting more into distance travel and exploration. Hoping to meet some cool people along the way.
Hallo Jake
Welcome to OBO
It’s always best to start lite
Best of luck
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

WanderRam

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Downey, CA, USA
First Name
Paulo
Last Name
Mercator
Hi everyone, we have been overlanding for quite a few years(since 2012). But, we were truly novices in the beginning. We had a 2014 RAm 1500 with a 24ft trailer at first. We didn't think we would like roughing it out in the real outdoors :) To our surprise, probably after our 2 trip we decide to sell the trailer and just camp out with our truck. No special equipment, we would just load up the truck with as much as possible and go for 2-3 days.
As time went on and we got more serious about it. We purchased our first tent and rigged our Ram for a decent overlanding setup. After just over a year and a half we sold our truck. We replaced it with a newer RAM 1500 and we just finished building our dedicated overland trailer. We will become supporters in the next month and we hope to see out in the trails. Cheers

The original 2014 RAM 1500 it all started here.
2014 RAM 1500 by Paulo Oliveira, on Flickr

2019 Truck with upgraded suspension, Falcon Teraflex, Cooper AT3 XLT tires and Vision Wheels. The ride was awesome and we traveled from coast to cost in it.

First Overland setup with RTT
Wand3ram tent a by Paulo Oliveira, on Flickr

New 2021 Stock truck, it only lasted a few weeks :)
2021 Ram by Paulo Oliveira, on Flickr

New setup with Icon Suspension, 2in lift, New Cooper AT3 XLT tires and Vision Tactical wheels and Century Ultra Camper
21 RAM Laramie MOD a by Paulo Oliveira, on Flickr

The new set up our custom built overland trailer!!!
Trailer j by Paulo Oliveira, on Flickr

If you guys have any question please feel free to ask.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey all!

Hello Jake, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi everyone, we have been overlanding for quite a few years(since 2012). But, we were truly novices in the beginning. We had a 2014 RAm 1500 with a 24ft trailer at first. We didn't think we would like roughing it out in the real outdoors :) To our surprise, probably after our 2 trip we decide to sell the trailer and just camp out with our truck. No special equipment, we would just load up the truck with as much as possible and go for 2-3 days.
As time went on and we got more serious about it. We purchased our first tent and rigged our Ram for a decent overlanding setup. After just over a year and a half we sold our truck. We replaced it with a newer RAM 1500 and we just finished building our dedicated overland trailer. We will become supporters in the next month and we hope to see out in the trails. Cheers

2019 Truck with upgraded suspension, Falcon Teraflex, Cooper AT3 XLT tires and Vision Wheels. The ride was awesome and we traveled from coast to cost in it.

New setup with Icon Suspension, 2in lift, New Cooper AT3 XLT tires and Vision Tactical wheels and Century Ultra Camper

Hello Paulo, welcome to Overland Bound.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome to Overland Bound
Nice axe on the trailer ;-)
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
Some contacts for local information are @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly universal online awareness course.
The Regional Director for local information it @M Rose
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all,

Forum looks awesome.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
A great local contact is @freak4life
RESOURCE MAPYou can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly universal online awareness course.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello OB Pack.

JOE WOLF
Est. 2011 - Exploring and Adventuring together with our family. Enjoying locations and roads less traveled, National Parks and historic places.
2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 4x4
Veteran - USMC
SouthWest USA
Welcome to Overland Bound Joe
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Two great local contacts are @Prerunner1982 and @Iwata77
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.

Joe Wolf

Rank V

Advocate III

Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Wolf
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Hey all!

Jake, welcome!!

Joe

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

Joe Wolf

Rank V

Advocate III

Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Wolf
Member #

Service Branch
USMC

Hello Paulo, welcome to Overland Bound.
WanderRam, welcome!! Fantastic history and setups! We aspire to take our current stock overlanding setup to similar. We are ready to progress to longer and more out off road exploration and adventures. We look forward to meeting you and your family out on an adventure someday.

Joe Wolf

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn