Todd
Last Name
Beckley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3THB
Service Branch
US Marine Corps
New guy here. Just bought a 99 Dakota 5.2 4x4 with camper, already have a Montero sport. If you've heard of the Black Mountain ATV park in KY, thats where im at. Looking for beginner tips and stuff.
Welcome to OB! There’s lots of great information here and if you can’t find what you’re looking just ask. Everyone’s always real helpful.

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
New guy here. Just bought a 99 Dakota 5.2 4x4 with camper, already have a Montero sport. If you've heard of the Black Mountain ATV park in KY, thats where im at. Looking for beginner tips and stuff.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
Hey everyone, my name is Joe.

1) Picture! No pictures yet unfortunately
2) Location: Vancouver Island, BC, Canada
3) 1997 Toyota Tacoma (I4 XtraCab Manual)
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Novice, lots of camping experience but not much in the way of overlanding.
Welcome JOE !

Advocate III

Herford, Deutschland
First Name
Orkan
Last Name
Seewald
Member #

Hello from Germany.
My Name is Orkan.

Pictures first:
Bildschirmfoto 2021-11-26 um 17.58.14.pngBildschirmfoto 2021-11-26 um 17.56.34.pngBildschirmfoto 2021-11-26 um 17.56.44.pngBildschirmfoto 2021-11-26 um 17.57.26.pngBildschirmfoto 2021-11-26 um 17.56.27.pngBildschirmfoto 2021-11-26 um 17.58.55.pngBildschirmfoto 2021-11-26 um 17.57.08.png

Rig: 2006 - Ford E350 - Super Duty - 6.0 Diesel - Bulletproof - 4x4 by UJoint - Poptop CCV
I buy this Van 2020 in Poland and work since them to make this to an Overland Rig. New Interieur with Kitchen and Hob, Heater, new elektrik, New Rims and Tires, New Box on the Back with Planache Grill, LPG Gas Tank for cooking, Roofrack, Solar etc. All is DIY. Unfortunately we are still not finished.

Overlanding Experience Background:
My wife and i travel since 1999 trought Europe. Not fulltime but we travel every holiday when the Kids have no school. First with Car, than Vans, RV´s, and finaly a Caravan. In September 2019 we buy the first 4x4, a VW T5 Seikel, we put a lot of money in this thing to convert it into a Overland Rig. But it was to small and the Offroad properties are not so good. So we decide to change to the E350. It was the right decision. :blush:

Last edited:

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

4) Overlanding Experience Background: Novice, lots of camping experience but not much in the way of overlanding.
Hello Joe, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello from Germany.
My Name is Orkan.

Pictures first:
View attachment 217287View attachment 217288View attachment 217289View attachment 217290View attachment 217291View attachment 217292View attachment 217293

Rig: 2006 - Ford E350 - Super Duty - 6.0 Diesel - Bulletproof - 4x4 by UJoint - Poptop CCV
I buy this Van 2021 in Poland and work since them to make this to an Overland Rig. New Interieur with Kitchen and Hob, Heater, new elektrik, New Rims and Tires, New Box on the Back with Planache Grill, LPG Gas Tank for cooking, Roofrack, Solar etc. All is DIY. Unfortunately we are still not finished.

My wife and i travel since 1999 trought Europe. Not fulltime but we travel every holiday when the Kids have no school. First with Car, than Vans, RV´s, and finaly a Caravan. In September 2019 we buy the first 4x4, a VW T5 Seikel, we put a lot of money in this thing to convert it into a Overland Rig. But it was to small and the Offroad properties are not so good. So we decide to change to the E350. It was the right decision. :blush:
Hello Orkan, welcome to Overland Bound, nice build!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hello from Germany.
My Name is Orkan.

Pictures first:
View attachment 217287View attachment 217288View attachment 217289View attachment 217290View attachment 217291View attachment 217292View attachment 217293

I buy this Van 2021 in Poland and work since them to make this to an Overland Rig. New Interieur with Kitchen and Hob, Heater, new elektrik, New Rims and Tires, New Box on the Back with Planache Grill, LPG Gas Tank for cooking, Roofrack, Solar etc. All is DIY. Unfortunately we are still not finished.

Hi Orkan and welcome to Overland Bound!

Thanks for your detailled introduction. That is a nice rig.

Hope to meet you on some trails one day. Check out the RallyPoints for upcoming meetups, please. You can filter them by region.

We also have a virtual Campfire every 2 weeks. You will find the details also in The Rally Points. The next one is on the 10th Dec. Please join us if you like.

By the way, there is also a Europe subforum here:

If you have any questions feel free to ask. I am always happy to help.

Cheers, Björn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from Germany.
My Name is Orkan.

Pictures first:

Welcome to Overland Bound Orkan
Great looking rig.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly universal online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
The Regional Director for local information it @Robert OB 33/48
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome to Overland Bound Joe
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly universal online awareness course.
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
The Regional Director for local information it @M Rose
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Overland Bound - Rocky Mountain
Your Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representatives to you are @adventure_is_necessary @T. Stanley @Iwata77
RESOURCE MAP
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello Ryan, welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549

Hello Joe, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello from Germany.
My Name is Orkan.

Pictures first:

Hello Orkan, welcome to Overland Bound! Super cool rig you have!

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello from Germany.
My Name is Orkan.

Pictures first:

Hello Orkan,

Welcome to the Forum, but most of all welcome to the community.

If I can help with questions, and providing info I am happy to do so.

Just go to the Europe section of this forum to find more specific info about Europe.

You will find nearly everything on the forum in generall about Overlanding. So just dive in and have fun.

For meet ups and trips, go here and find people to join on events.

Events Archive - Overland Bound

Join us also in the whatsapp group for Mid Europe and our Facebook page.

Overland Bound - Mid Europe

Europe Overland Bound

Enjoy your stay here and I hope to see you somewhere out on a track/event.

Greetings from Robert

adventure_is_necessary

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Kansas

Traveler III

Bonner Springs, Kansas, United States
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Antes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZXA
Welcome to Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Overland Bound - Rocky Mountain
Your Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representatives to you are @adventure_is_necessary @T. Stanley @Iwata77
RESOURCE MAP
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Thanks Kent! Welcome @Rokm2021

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired

Hello Joe , Welcome to Overland Bound.

I am the Northwest Director. @Gabriel Bozeman is your closest member representative.

To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).

Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.

Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.

Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.

Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.

Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.

Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.

Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.

Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello!

New member here!

2010 Toyota Sequoia
2004 Toyota 4runner v8

Oakland, CA

Experienced old school rock crawler, just getting hooked to overloading.

New to me 2010 Sequoia, currently in the beginning stages of building out. Stoked to be a part of the community.
Hello Chris, welcome to the OB family.