Creator II

Elizabeth, Colorado, United States
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Purvis
Member #

Hi,

I'm Brice. My 2021 Bronco is to be delivered early December. I feel I am finally in a place where I have a vehicle I can trust. This has been many years in the making. Maybe it is just my age but I want to travel in reasonable comfort. I have had other vehicles but they either needed too much maintenance or weren't the right vehicle for me. I also have a 1993 Toyota Land Cruiser that I love and cherish, but again, not the comfort and reliability I need.

I am in the Salt Lake area looking to get started on some trips. Headed to St. George shortly after my bronco arrives and I'll be testing it out in the west desert and in the mountains.
Welcome to OB Brice! Look forward to seeing that rig when it arrives! When you're ready to explore Colorado, hit us up, we have a great group in the region (like all OB regions!!)

mface7

Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

Hi,

I'm Brice. My 2021 Bronco is to be delivered early December. I feel I am finally in a place where I have a vehicle I can trust. This has been many years in the making. Maybe it is just my age but I want to travel in reasonable comfort. I have had other vehicles but they either needed too much maintenance or weren't the right vehicle for me. I also have a 1993 Toyota Land Cruiser that I love and cherish, but again, not the comfort and reliability I need.

I am in the Salt Lake area looking to get started on some trips. Headed to St. George shortly after my bronco arrives and I'll be testing it out in the west desert and in the mountains.
Welcome, I was just about to point you to the 'Where's the Utah People at?" thread, but you beat me to it!

artwork37

Rank I

Contributor III

Santa Maria, Santa Barbara County, California, United States
First Name
Art
Last Name
Plascencia
Hello All,

New member here from Santa Maria, CA.
My stable includes a 5th Gen 4Runner and a Jeep TJ.
Experienced camper but very little Overlanding Experience.
Looking to meet like-minded individuals and get out on some trails.
Welcome to OB Art! Nice pair of rigs you've got, not many places you cant go!!
Thanks Dave, TJ is mine, 4runner is "my wife's"

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hey everyone. I made this account two years ago and I havent touched it since.
I live in lower Alabama with my family. I have a 05 2wd Toyota Tacoma Offroad that I'm looking to turn into a Overlanding rig. I"m just looking for some locals to hang out with and show me a few things so I can do some camping with my kids. Planning a trip to Big Bend in 2024 for the eclipse so we thought overlanding would get us a better view for some photos and some astrophotography that night.
Greetings Tim and welcome to OB!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hey Everyone,
I'm Todd and I'm from Carlsbad, CA. I have an 07 4Runner that I've slowly been building out. We recently moved back to SoCal and I'm looking forward to getting out into the desert again. I'm a novice overlander.
Greetings Todd and welcome to OB!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi,

Greetings Brice and welcome to OB!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hey everyone. I'm Matt from the PNW. I have many years of off-road experience including 10+ years of competition rock crawling. I built my 86 4runner nicknames the IFsRunner from the ground up to be able to follow buggies while packing tools and coolers. Life has changed for me over the last year and I'm in the process of building my 95 land cruiser to live out of full time while I travel all over the country and see everything I possibly can. All while spending as much time in the dirt as possible. Just myself and my dog. Hoping to have the rig done in the next month or so for its shake down run. Definitely looking forward to hearing suggestions on what to see and long trails to run. Alaska is already planned for next year and I'd love to run from Canada to Mexico this winter. I'll be completely setup for off grid living. Thanks!
Greetings Matt and welcome to OB from a fellow PNW'er!

GypsyBrit

Rank III

Pathfinder III

Fallon, Nevada, United States
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Vroegindewey
Member #

Hello I'm Nathan I just joined and am super excited about this community. I'm from England originally but moved every three years after the age of eight so... lived and been all over Europe and America currently in eastern Nevada with my work I'm an aircraft electrician in the US navy.
I'm a camper and hiker and have been my hole life didn't really branch into overlanding till I moved to Washington state but am very excited to finally build my first designated overland rig. I own a 1988 land rover defender named Gary and even in his old age he's a beast. Looking to see any of you out on the trails and picking your collective brains in the future.

RandomNoize

Rank 0

Contributor I

Utah, USA
First Name
Brice
Last Name
Gibson
Hello everyone!

I am from the Salt Lake City, Utah area. I have always loved the outdoors and as my children are growing we have been more able to get out camping and hiking and I aspire to do more overlanding travel as they grow!
My current rig is a 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid that is my daily driver. We are ground tent campers for now, looking to get a small trailer with a RTT to give us a few more comforts and ability to go further! I am definitely a novice when it comes to overlanding and off-road travel! I am a Nurse now but started out as an Air Force Medic, I love all things wilderness medicine and teaching/learning from others, I hope to continue to expand my knowledge and experience through this group!
West Jordan here.

might try this forum Where’s the Utah people at??

Cruzer

Rank I

Contributor III

Santa Clara County, California, United States
First Name
Laurente
Last Name
Cruz
Hey folks I’m Cruz from the NorCal Bay Area. I’ve got a 2016 Tundra Crewmax. I like hitting the trails, a little crawling, and of course overlanding.

Rolling on 40s
Locked front and rear
Armored all the way around
Don’t mind the pinstripes or even a dent here and there.

Attachments

K12

Rank VII

Pathfinder I

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
Name: mitch

Rig: n/a but hoping to purchase a LR3 discovery

Experience: feels like my first day at a new school. Follow a few youtube channels and on a few forums

Nice to meet you all
Welcome to OB Mitch. Look forward to seeing what you get and everything to do with/to it.

Overland Omnivore

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

Hello from Indiana! Our family rig is a 2019 Subaru Ascent with a CVT RTT. We will be doing some off-road modifications this winter. We have already driven across the country to the west coast multiple times. Looking forward to learning more about overlanding here!
We have a Rally Point going off this Saturday…come out if you can…

Overlanding For Beginners

Overland Omnivore

Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

Hello everyone, my name is Tim, from southern Indiana just joined and getting started. Just getting into overlanding and trying to find my way. The rig is a 2010 Jeep wrangler JKU. Looking forward to learning from and meeting many of you all. Thanks in advance.
I’m also in the Southern Hoosierland…New Albany…we have a event going off this Saturday…come out if you can…

Overland Omnivore

Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

Howdy, My name is Russ, coming at ya from Indiana, love to off-road and go overlanding, been to Colorado Utah and of course around the midwest. I included a pic of my Rig. Hope to talk with people soon and share in the adventure.
We have an event going off this Saturday if your interested…