Rank II

Enthusiast I

Oklahoma, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Choate
Member #

Hello everyone I am Josh and my wife is Karen. We weekend trip most every weekend to Camp and SCUBA dive in Oklahoma. this has been mostly in a car or van. Today starts a new chapter as we just purchased a new 2022 4RUNNER. we are looking forward to even more adventures.

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone I am Josh and my wife is Karen. We weekend trip most every weekend to Camp and SCUBA dive in Oklahoma. this has been mostly in a car or van. Today starts a new chapter as we just purchased a new 2022 4RUNNER. we are looking forward to even more adventures.
Welcome to Overland Bound Josh and Karen
Have fun with the new build, lots of 4Runner inspiration can be found here.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Arizona Member Representative is @Prerunner1982 and @Iwata77
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
James
Gilbert, AZ

Newly back into off-roading. Recently picked up a 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 4x4. Have done 4Peaks twice and Crown King, the easy way. Have a lift and tires in the garage, just waiting for a free, cooler, weekend to do the lift. Lol
Welcome James, cooler weather is on its way!

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
Welcome Karen and Josh, watch out for land sharks

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Josh and Karen, welcome to Overland Bound.

Londonmeanswild

Rank II
Launch Member

Member I

Berkshire County, Massachusetts, United States
First Name
Landon
Last Name
Marchant
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey y'all, I'm out in Western Massachusetts with a 2013 Sahara JKU. I'm a relative novice but have completed two Jeep Trails of Honor - and too many bumpy Colorado trails for my liking. I'm not a rock crawler, haha. Currently looking to learn/find dispersed camping and adventures here at home, bonus if they're near good fly fishing spots. Neither our senior or 2-year-old dog like bouncing around, though, so definitely looking for camping along logging/forest roads - not trying to recreate the Jeep trails.

JeepJeep is on stock-sized all-terrain tires, has 90% undercarriage armor, rock sliders + Rubicon rails, winch, skid plate, exoskeleton rack and awning. Also have a very comprehensive camping setup but you know. There's always something to improve or tweak.

Overlanding Lawyer

Rank IV

Advocate II

Fayetteville, GA, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Kirkbride
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1EOD
Service Branch
Army
Hey y'all, I'm out in Western Massachusetts with a 2013 Sahara JKU. I'm a relative novice but have completed two Jeep Trails of Honor - and too many bumpy Colorado trails for my liking. I'm not a rock crawler, haha. Currently looking to learn/find dispersed camping and adventures here at home, bonus if they're near good fly fishing spots. Neither our senior or 2-year-old dog like bouncing around, though, so definitely looking for camping along logging/forest roads - not trying to recreate the Jeep trails.

JeepJeep is on stock-sized all-terrain tires, has 90% undercarriage armor, rock sliders + Rubicon rails, winch, skid plate, exoskeleton rack and awning. Also have a very comprehensive camping setup but you know. There's always something to improve or tweak.
Hello and welcome from Atlanta… learn, grow, share… get out there..

Overlanding Lawyer

Rank IV

Advocate II

Fayetteville, GA, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Kirkbride
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1EOD
Service Branch
Army
Hi y'all. I'm Liz "Wrighno." I live in the high desert of SoCal. I drive a (currently) stock 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport. I grew up camping, backpacking, and bumming around Europe in an old VW bus. I'm semi-retired and looking to learn and get out there!

Overlanding Lawyer

Rank IV

Advocate II

Fayetteville, GA, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Kirkbride
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1EOD
Service Branch
Army
Location - Greencastle, IN
Rig - 2015 Power Wagon Tradesman
Experience - I'd say Beginner

Just got back from my 2nd trip to Montana, and Wyoming earlier this month found some decent easy trails out there and had alot of fun. I'm kind of a huge nerd that likes to go outdoors and drive around lol.View attachment 212830

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hi Josh and Karen! Welcome from Tulsa
@Prerunner1982 and I are your closest SW Region Member Reps so if you have any questions let us know.

If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Facebook Groups

We also have an Oklahoma sub-forum for more local chit chat Oklahoma overlanders where ya at?

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Hello Landon, welcome to Overland Bound.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all! New to the forums here and new to overlanding. Located south of Atlanta GA, driving a 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon. Looking forward to getting into this lifestyle!
View attachment 213040
Welcome To Overland Bound
Have fun with the Gladiator, it is a great platform for this sport.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome to Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone. Richard here. New member from San Diego. New F150, 4x4. Starting to adventure beyond car camping and hiking. Fun stuff.
Welcome to Overland Bound Richard
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com