First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Greetings,

I am new to the forum but not to overlanding. My rig is 2016 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4. I am running the below mods.

-Ironman 4x4 Stage 3 Foam Cell Pro
-Ironman 4x4 rated recovery points on front frame
-Cali Raised rock sliders
-Midland 400 GMRS
-BFGoodrich AT KO2s 285/70R17
-I have a bunch of other recover gear and simple switch system for my ditch lights.

My next mod is a Southern Style Offroad low profile bumper (stage 2) with a winch. My next trip is the Oklahoma Adventure Trail or possibly Big Bend Ranch State Park. I now live in Dallas Fort Worth so there are more options compared to my last residence. I will start planning on the forum shortly and would appreciate your advice and experience.
Hello David (@BlueGoblin ), welcome to Overland Bound. I am your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. Nice setup you have and you are in a good location for adventures.

There are a couple DFW area meetups you can check out here: DFW OB meet and greet & DFW - Meet & Greet

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey everyone, happy to be here! My name is Jon. I have a yellow Jeep XJ some of you may recognize. For a few years I was part of the channel BleepinJeep and did a bunch of TDI swap videos there. So yes the XJ is TDI powered, yes I love it, it gets 26+ MPG and has more power than a tuned 4.0 with less than half the displacement and about 100 lbs weight savings. I do have my own YouTube channel now I’d be thrilled to have you join me there - https://youtube.com/channel/UCcWSjd3T3P5m7et_J1pJa7w

On IG I am @dirtroadtherapyjon

I love to explore, primarily PA VA WV. Happy to answer any questions anyone may have for me!
Hello Jon, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello everyone, greetings from upstate NY. I am just getting into overlanding, recently bought a wj. It is still stock, have many plans but still don’t know exactly what direction I will be going. I love the outdoors, have been a survivalist backpacker for more than a decade. Still trying to find some trails to go explore in NY. Any recommendations are welcome. Thank you for having me.
Hello Juan, welcome to the OB family.

LanceK

Rank V

Advocate II

Foley, Alabama 36535, United States
First Name
Lance
Last Name
Kindley
Member #

Hello!!
Mobile, AL
1994 Toyota Land Cruiser
2002 Toyota 4Runner
I grew up off-roading from as far back as I can remember. Long before the title of over landing was around. The coolest thing I remember from my childhood was off-roading the 10 mile beach on the west end of Dauphin Island, AL and camping there all weekend while fishing. My parents had Toyota’s then. One that I inherited when I turned 16 and drove all through high school. To now be back in Toyota’s and joining this community has been greatly beneficial.
Hey Never2Late

I have been reading your posts. I'm in Foley AL, Enjoyed your background above. Hope we can get together sometime and air out our steeds!

LanceK

Reactions: Kent R

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Greetings,

I am new to the forum but not to overlanding. My rig is 2016 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4. I am running the below mods.

-Ironman 4x4 Stage 3 Foam Cell Pro
-Ironman 4x4 rated recovery points on front frame
-Cali Raised rock sliders
-Midland 400 GMRS
-BFGoodrich AT KO2s 285/70R17
-I have a bunch of other recover gear and simple switch system for my ditch lights.

My next mod is a Southern Style Offroad low profile bumper (stage 2) with a winch. My next trip is the Oklahoma Adventure Trail or possibly Big Bend Ranch State Park. I now live in Dallas Fort Worth so there are more options compared to my last residence. I will start planning on the forum shortly and would appreciate your advice and experience.

Welcome to OB, David! Sounds like a fun 4Runner! Looking forward to see what comes next. Enjoy!

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Hey everyone, happy to be here! My name is Jon. I have a yellow Jeep XJ some of you may recognize. For a few years I was part of the channel BleepinJeep and did a bunch of TDI swap videos there. So yes the XJ is TDI powered, yes I love it, it gets 26+ MPG and has more power than a tuned 4.0 with less than half the displacement and about 100 lbs weight savings. I do have my own YouTube channel now I’d be thrilled to have you join me there - https://youtube.com/channel/UCcWSjd3T3P5m7et_J1pJa7w

On IG I am @dirtroadtherapyjon

I love to explore, primarily PA VA WV. Happy to answer any questions anyone may have for me!
Welcome Jon! Neat rig, I wanted to TDI swap my old 4Runner but I ended up buying my burb instead. I'll have to check out your channels. Enjoy OB!

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Hello everyone, greetings from upstate NY. I am just getting into overlanding, recently bought a wj. It is still stock, have many plans but still don’t know exactly what direction I will be going. I love the outdoors, have been a survivalist backpacker for more than a decade. Still trying to find some trails to go explore in NY. Any recommendations are welcome. Thank you for having me.
Welcome to OB, Juan! We're glad to have you here. Enjoy!

Never2Late

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Mobile, Mobile County, Alabama, United States
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Abrams
Member #

Hello!!
Mobile, AL
1994 Toyota Land Cruiser
Look me up on FB. Lee abrams. Profile pic is me wrestling with my son
2002 Toyota 4Runner
I grew up off-roading from as far back as I can remember. Long before the title of over landing was around. The coolest thing I remember from my childhood was off-roading the 10 mile beach on the west end of Dauphin Island, AL and camping there all weekend while fishing. My parents had Toyota’s then. One that I inherited when I turned 16 and drove all through high school. To now be back in Toyota’s and joining this community has been greatly beneficial.
Hey Never2Late

I have been reading your posts. I'm in Foley AL, Enjoyed your background above. Hope we can get together sometime and air out our steeds!

LanceK

Reactions: Kent R

Never2Late

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Mobile, Mobile County, Alabama, United States
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Abrams
Member #

Hello!!
Mobile, AL
1994 Toyota Land Cruiser
2002 Toyota 4Runner
Hey Never2Late

LanceK
Yeah. Hit me up on FB. Lee abrams. Pic is me wrestling with my son.

WanderRam

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Downey, CA, USA
First Name
Paulo
Last Name
Mercator
Hi everyone,
We are new here. This looks like a great forum.
Lots of interesting information.
Our home base is Downey, CA.. It's just outside La La Land.

We look forward to sharing experiences and knowledge with all of you.
We are in no way shape of form experts. We use to just camp once in a blue moon. Then, we started getting more and more equipment until we finally decided we need a rooftop tent.
- Rig: 2014 RAM 1500 Sport 4x4
- Upgraded tires: Cooper XLT Plus 0
- Upgraded Suspension: Falcon Shocks front and rear.
- Chinese Knock off CVT Mt Hood tent.
We are very adventurous. We have being in our RAM to:
Flagstaff, AZ
St. George, Utah
Pinelas, Tampa FL
Austin, TX
El Paso
Lake Mead, NV and CA side
Arrowhead, CA
Mammoth CA
Big Bear, CA
Palm Springs, CA
Big Sur, CA
Monterrey, CA
We are planning Montana, Victoria CA/Washington border and Yosemite.

I'm in the process of having an overland trailer built. I'll try to post the progress and keep you updated.
Feel free to ask questions.

Cheers

Attachments

Last edited:

Overlanding Lawyer

Rank IV

Advocate II

Fayetteville, GA, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Kirkbride
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1EOD
Service Branch
Army
Hi everyone! My name is Tim and I'm from North NJ.

What little off-roading/overlanding knowledge I have comes from riding shotgun in my buddy's Wrangler, but now I'm just a few weeks from being behind the wheel of a 2021 Tacoma TRD Off-Road!
2-3 weeks left 'til it arrives but I figured it was time to make an account on here anyways. Excited to be here, seems like a great place :)
Welcome aboard! Best advice, read the posts, get out and adventure at a level you are comfortable with. See you on the trail!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone,
We are in no way shape of form experts. We use to just camp once in a blue moon. Then, we stared getting more and more equipment until we finally decided we need a rooftop tent.

I'm in the process of having an overland trailer built. I'll try to post the progress and keep you updated.

Cheers
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Shahn

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi everyone,
We are in no way shape of form experts. We use to just camp once in a blue moon. Then, we stared getting more and more equipment until we finally decided we need a rooftop tent.

Cheers
Hello Paulo, welcome to Overland Bound.

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army
Hi everyone,

Cheers
Welcome to the Overland Bound Community. It’s good to see another Ram out there.

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Hi everyone,

Cheers
Welcome to OB, Paulo! Looks like you're off to a good start, that's a good looking rig. We're glad to have you here. Enjoy!