Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello all!

Brand new to overlanding, but looking forward to new adventures.

-Located in Virginia Beach, VA
-Rig is a Bone Stock 2021 Jeep Cherokee (KL) Latitude Lux 4x4 (Tow Package = 1" lift)
-As stated above, novice at this overland journey.

Generally looking for an outlet to help with finding off road parts for a Non-Trailhawk Cherokee KL and trails here on the East Coast. Again, looking forward that first overland trip, thanks!

-Jesse
Hello Jesse, welcome to Overland Bound.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I am new to the forum and I’m looking to learning and being involved with overlanding as much as I can. I am retired and can’t wait to see this beautiful country.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out the Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R

Reactions: Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all!

-Rig is a Bone Stock 2021 Jeep Cherokee (KL) Latitude Lux 4x4 (Tow Package = 1" lift)

Generally looking for an outlet to help with finding off road parts for a Non-Trailhawk Cherokee KL and trails here on the East Coast. Again, looking forward that first overland trip, thanks!

-Jesse
Welcome to Overland Bound Jesse
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @JRElaxED @Zombie
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R

nokeone

Rank 0

Contributor I

Maine, USA
First Name
Noah
Last Name
Kerrigan
Welcome to Overland Bound Noah
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Beans
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Thank you Kent! I appreciate all the warm welcomes and the helpful links.

I see you're from Placerville. Wonderful town. I grew up in Santa Cruz and remember driving HWY 50 to get to Sierra at Tahoe and Kirkwood when I would snowboard in my youth. I hope you are doing ok out there with all the fires. My thoughts go out to you and everyone.

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thank you Kent! I appreciate all the warm welcomes and the helpful links.

I see you're from Placerville. Wonderful town. I grew up in Santa Cruz and remember driving HWY 50 to get to Sierra at Tahoe and Kirkwood when I would snowboard in my youth. I hope you are doing ok out there with all the fires. My thoughts go out to you and everyone.
Highway 50 opens up today, we will be traveling it on Thursday on our way to Overland Expo in Flagstaff. Not looking forward to seeing the devastation.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello all!

-Jesse
Hello Jesse, welcome to the OB family.

GoodySJFoz

Rank I

Contributor III

Republic, MO, USA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Goodman
Hello everyone!

I am new to overlanding. I have always like the way the rigs looked so decided I would dive in to give it a try. I bought a 2017 Forester Premium NA and am planning several upgrades over the next few years as money rolls in. Currently just have a roof rack but lights are on the way. Lift and tires and wheels are next but still in the air on how much lift and tire size. I'm from southwest Missouri so there's not a lot of public trails within an hour of my area. Hoping I can find others in this area to learn from.

Attachments

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello everyone!

I am new to overlanding. I have always like the way the rigs looked so decided I would dive in to give it a try. I bought a 2017 Forester Premium NA and am planning several upgrades over the next few years as money rolls in. Currently just have a roof rack but lights are on the way. Lift and tires and wheels are next but still in the air on how much lift and tire size. I'm from southwest Missouri so there's not a lot of public trails within an hour of my area. Hoping I can find others in this area to learn from.
Hello Dustin, welcome to Overland Bound. I use trailsoffroad.com their ratings for the degree of difficulty of the trail is accurate.

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

GreenKoala

Rank III

Advocate I

Ponder, Texas, United States
First Name
Jazmine
Last Name
King
Member #

Hello, I'm Levi, I'm new to overlanding but so much to camping. I started working on my build which is a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JKU. Looking forward to learning more.
Welcome I’m new to overlanding too, this is a great place to start. Lots of supportive people and the app can help plan a great trip.

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
Greetings! From the New Jersey Coastal Region.

Down in south NJ? Check out the Wharton State Forest (see attached file from 2015). An "up to date" paper map may be available at the Atsion (US206) and Batsto (Co542) offices

View attachment 209912
awesome info Thanks

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello everyone!

Hello Dustin and welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello everyone!

Hello Dustin, welcome to the OB family.

Davidln1

Rank III

Educator I

Marissa, St. Clair County, Illinois, United States
First Name
David
Last Name
Nellis
Member #

Service Branch
ARNG, EMS, Police
Hello, I'm Levi, I'm new to overlanding but so much to camping. I started working on my build which is a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JKU. Looking forward to learning more.
Welcome I’m new to overlanding too, this is a great place to start. Lots of supportive people and the app can help plan a great trip.
Thank you, and yeah I've been reading a lot of the different forums/threads.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone!

Welcome to Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Paris0514 and in North AR @BlueLineOverland
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.

BlueLineOverland

Local Expert, Arkansas USA

Experimenter II

Ozark Arkansas
First Name
Mason
Last Name
Berry
Member #

Hello everyone!

Welcome Goody!!!!!! If you find yourself in the Arkansas Ozarks or want to see some cool places don't hesitate to reach out! Happy to help where I can!

Mason

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
Hello everyone!

Welcome! With the Mark Twain National Forest in your backyard and the Ozark NF just down across the state lines, I bet you can find plenty of cool trails to hit. I'm sure someone from your area will have a great list.

Last edited: