Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello All, New member located in Vacaville, CA. We have a 2004 Hummer H2. Our Overlanding Experience is Zero.
I have done few easy trips around Vacaville this year. Trip is usually myself and my 4 year old son.
So wanted to get to know more people and get more advice on safety. Looking at putting a winch on this.

View attachment 208485
Hello Rajiv and welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Punk'n_Willy

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Rig: On the lookout for one
Experience: I don't have any overlanding experience, but man do I love traveling! For the past 3 years I've been able to travel to a few states and got to experience some amazing memories. Now I want to take traveling and adventure on a whole new level. And I believe overlanding will do that for me. Haha so I'll have a ton of questions for this place. Like for example., What is the best vehicle to start out with? Many of my adventures will be long and intense. I appreciate any help that comes my way!!!
Hello Santos and welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Punk'n_Willy

static

Rank III

Enthusiast III

SF Bay Area, CA
First Name
Kris
Last Name
Pruden
Member #

Rig: 2021 Toyota 4Runner Venture
Experience: Just got back from a 3 week trip to ID and WY. This was a kind of shakedown trip; we (me, wife, dog) stayed with family in ID and ventured out for 2 or three days at a time to explore and test out our camping gear and skills. I grew up in Northern B.C. (been in CA for 20 years now), where I went with my dad and brother on many trips which could definitely called overlanding. Mostly fishing trips, anywhere from a few days to two weeks, over distances of 100s or 1000s of km. Usually tents, sometimes truck bed campers and camper trailers. We even did the occasional trip on horseback. So you could say I grew up overlanding, and I'm now getting back to it :)

I'm looking forward to learning, exploring, building out my rig, and meeting like-minded folks!

Kris

My 4Runner.png

307dulaney

Rank VI

Advocate III

Wyoming, USA
First Name
Austin
Last Name
Dulaney
Member #

Hello from Wyoming and thank you for having us! We are the Dulaney's and we have been camping since childhood and have a deep love and respect for the outdoors. We have a '11 Tundra DC and a truck bed tent. Our overland experience includes many short local trips to the mountains as well as childhood memories of early morning hunting trips where dad's truck was base camp. Can't wait to get involved and meet some of you. Also, thank you for the founding principals. Especially leaving things better than you found them!

307dulaney

Rank VI

Advocate III

Wyoming, USA
First Name
Austin
Last Name
Dulaney
Member #

Experience: Just got back from a 3 week trip to ID and WY. This was a kind of shakedown trip; we (me, wife, dog) stayed with family in ID and ventured out for 2 or three days at a time to explore and test out our camping gear and skills. I grew up in Northern B.C. (been in CA for 20 years now), where I went with my dad and brother on many trips which could definitely called overlanding. Mostly fishing trips, anywhere from a few days to two weeks, over distances of 100s or 1000s of km. Usually tents, sometimes truck bed campers and camper trailers. We even did the occasional trip on horseback. So you could say I grew up overlanding, and I'm now getting back to it :)

I'm looking forward to learning, exploring, building out my rig, and meeting like-minded folks!

Kris

View attachment 208510
Wow that looks like a fantastic trip! Love your rig!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Greetings & Salutations,

I reside currently in Yorba Linda, CA. I have recently acquired a 2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road as my platform to begin this journey into Overlanding with my family to create memories and traditions that they will carry with them well after I have shuffled of this mortal coil.
Hello Brandon, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello from Wyoming and thank you for having us! We are the Dulaney's and we have been camping since childhood and have a deep love and respect for the outdoors. We have a '11 Tundra DC and a truck bed tent. Our overland experience includes many short local trips to the mountains as well as childhood memories of early morning hunting trips where dad's truck was base camp. Can't wait to get involved and meet some of you. Also, thank you for the founding principals. Especially leaving things better than you found them!
Hello Austin, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello All, New member located in Vacaville, CA. We have a 2004 Hummer H2. Our Overlanding Experience is Zero.
I have done few easy trips around Vacaville this year. Trip is usually myself and my 4 year old son.
So wanted to get to know more people and get more advice on safety. Looking at putting a winch on this.

View attachment 208485
Hello Rajiv, welcome to Overland Bound. Best safety tip I have for you is, awareness of your surroundings.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Rig: On the lookout for one
Experience: I don't have any overlanding experience, but man do I love traveling! For the past 3 years I've been able to travel to a few states and got to experience some amazing memories. Now I want to take traveling and adventure on a whole new level. And I believe overlanding will do that for me. Haha so I'll have a ton of questions for this place. Like for example., What is the best vehicle to start out with? Many of my adventures will be long and intense. I appreciate any help that comes my way!!!
Hello Santos, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Kris

View attachment 208510
Hello Kris, welcome to Overland Bound.

El Pescador

Rank I
Investor

Contributor III

Virginia, USA
First Name
Jack
Last Name
Mckown
Hello! New to the forum and overlanding. My family and I love the outdoors and go camping at least once a month in our Airstream. I've been camping since I was a kid, though. My first vehicle was a 1985 Cherokee. I currently have a 2016 F250 and just bought a 2006 Commander. I'm looking forward to possibly meeting up and doing some more offroading. Thanks!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello! New to the forum and overlanding. My family and I love the outdoors and go camping at least once a month in our Airstream. I've been camping since I was a kid, though. My first vehicle was a 1985 Cherokee. I currently have a 2016 F250 and just bought a 2006 Commander. I'm looking forward to possibly meeting up and doing some more offroading. Thanks!
Hello Jack, welcome to Overland Bound.

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549

Kris

View attachment 208510
Hello Kris and welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello Jack and welcome to Overland Bound!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @JRElaxED @Zombie
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out the Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
Hello Y'all new member as of Sept 1st 2021 Our rig is a new to us 2004 Lexus GX470 with a GFC SuperLite on top and we are building out everything inside ourselves. This weeks project is a rear gate fold down Table.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Vance (@Kozysnack ) , welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning.

I am one of the SW Region Member Reps but @Roots66 is your closest Member Rep right down there in the Austin area and he can hook you up with the local meet up info.

Second Wind

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Dallas, TX, USA
First Name
Malcolm
Last Name
Wells
Member #

Hello Malcolm (@Second Wind), welcome to Overland Bound. I am your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. Sounds like you're in for a lot of fun.

There are a couple DFW area meetups you can check out here: DFW OB meet and greet & DFW - Meet & Greet

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

Also, if you are on Facebook, feel free to join us there as well - Overland Bound – Southwest

If you have any questions, please just let me know.
Hey thanks very much! Looking forward to participating as much as I can!