Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
Hello Everyone,

My name is Patrik, based in Hollister Ca,

Lurked here for a while, been involved in Overlanding for many decades. Started as a Crawler in the early 90’s, but played in the dirt my whole life. I have built rigs from the ground up, for myself and for others, and always have unfinished projects and no free time.

Currently “overland” my ‘20 Gladiator, “wheel” my ’93 FJ80, and “Adventure” my ’21 Africa Twin. In my many years of dirt, I have walked away from several “groups” for many of the same reasons that OB was founded, so I identify deeply with the core principles. Recently took a position where I travel up and down the west coast for work, so more reason to explore, but more time stuck in hotel rooms with nothing to do but more work. So “lurk mode” off.
Hello and Welcome to the OB family!

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

Punk'n_Willy

Rank V

Advocate I

Macomb, Michigan, United States
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
Hello everyone, glad to finally be a member. I put off buying a membership as I never had the right vehicle! However I found a good one, 2006 Toyota 4Runner V8. Anyone who knows about the 4th gens know these are decent rigs. I’m from Kansas City, Mo and I’m currently a lineman apprentice!

Punk'n_Willy

Rank V

Advocate I

Macomb, Michigan, United States
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
Hello there. I’m new.

My name is Rush and the wife is Laura. We run both a 2013 Jeep JK and a 2019 Toyota Tundra. We have been overlanding for about two years. We also have a fairly new off road trailer and soon we will mount our RTT and other gear.

We are located in the Bay Area. We’ve done two longish trips to both the Colorado western slope and southwestern Utah.

Thanks!

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello everyone, glad to finally be a member. I put off buying a membership as I never had the right vehicle! However I found a good one, 2006 Toyota 4Runner V8. Anyone who knows about the 4th gens know these are decent rigs. I’m from Kansas City, Mo and I’m currently a lineman apprentice!
Hello Brennen and welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello there. I’m new.

My name is Rush and the wife is Laura. We run both a 2013 Jeep JK and a 2019 Toyota Tundra. We have been overlanding for about two years. We also have a fairly new off road trailer and soon we will mount our RTT and other gear.

We are located in the Bay Area. We’ve done two longish trips to both the Colorado western slope and southwestern Utah.

Thanks!
Hello Rush and Laura, welcome to Overland Bound!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello there. I’m new.

Thanks!
Welcome to Overland Bound Rush and Laura.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
You have an occasional meet-up in Santa Rosa;
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Overland Expo West in Flagstaff AZ
About WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound
Great choice on a rig.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representatives to you are @adventure_is_necessary @T.Stanley @Iwata77
Check out the Expo that will be in CO https://www.OverlandExpo.com

adventure_is_necessary

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Kansas

Traveler III

Bonner Springs, Kansas, United States
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Antes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZXA
Great choice on a rig.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Facebook Groups
The closest Member Representatives to you are @adventure_is_necessary @T.Stanley @Iwata77
@HeartofAmerica hey I am up in the KCK area. We will have to get together soon!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
BLACK HILLS, SD
2012 JKU
Professional amateur
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Facebook Groups
The closest Member Representatives to you are @jwalla

HeartofAmerica

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Kansas City, Clay County, Missouri, United States
First Name
Brennen
Last Name
High
Member #

Great choice on a rig.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Facebook Groups
I will definitely check everything out, thank you for taking the time and informing me and helping me get things started!!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,
My name is Brent.
I'm in East Texas
I'm a long time Bronco owner, I've had several.
I'm new to over landing and decided to rig my current 95. Here's what I'm starting with.
Welcome to Overland Bound Brent
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Roots66
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.

HeartofAmerica

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Kansas City, Clay County, Missouri, United States
First Name
Brennen
Last Name
High
Member #

Great choice on a rig.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Facebook Groups
@HeartofAmerica hey I am up in the KCK area. We will have to get together soon!
Definitely so! That would be really cool and something worth looking forward to!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone,

My name is Patrik, based in Hollister Ca,

Lurked here for a while, been involved in Overlanding for many decades. Started as a Crawler in the early 90’s, but played in the dirt my whole life. I have built rigs from the ground up, for myself and for others, and always have unfinished projects and no free time.

Currently “overland” my ‘20 Gladiator, “wheel” my ’93 FJ80, and “Adventure” my ’21 Africa Twin. In my many years of dirt, I have walked away from several “groups” for many of the same reasons that OB was founded, so I identify deeply with the core principles. Recently took a position where I travel up and down the west coast for work, so more reason to explore, but more time stuck in hotel rooms with nothing to do but more work. So “lurk mode” off.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello Brennen, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello there. I’m new.

Thanks!
Hello Rush & Laura, welcome to the OB family.

zgfiredude

Rank VI

Steward I

Silt, CO, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Nichols
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
Ok, Ok........you got me with the free coffee at the Overland Expo this coming Saturday!

Brian and Nancy here, on the western slope of Colorado. 2014 Jeep JKUR (evolving.....aren't they all?) and a teardrop. Coming off Adventure motorcycles for a long time to something that we both can do together more.....oh, and the dogs wanted to join. We've been all over, and camped a lot, tent, rv, popup trailer, etc......simplifying things and making them a bit more civilized with the teardrop. Looking forward to meeting folks!! Thanks for having us!IMG_0597 (2).JPG

Last edited: