Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Howdy!

Long time follower, first time participant here on the Overland Bound forum!

My rig is pretty basic so far, and it's served me well here in the Pacific Northwest and the greater western United States. Thanks for checking out my setup!

Anybody near Whatcom County, feel free to reach out and network via Instagram: @aarynkors

2008 4runner, 4.7L, 4x4 Limited

Hello , Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @Gabriel Bozeman is your closest member representative.
To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).
Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Reactions: Punk'n_Willy

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
First I want to thank the members for providing an awesome collection of posts. I've done a fair amount of reading here.

We have lived on the Oregon coast for decades. We have always tent camped out of an SUV. Tents worked fine for 40+ years from USA coast to coast, Canada and Baja. We love backroads and primitive camping. I grew up in a camping family and spent 31 years with the USFS fire and law departments.

We retired in 2016 and bought a new LR4. We started camping more often and year round. We were roughing it more than we cared for. After a ton of soul searching we decided to get an off road type teardrop trailer.

We are loving it!

I am the Northwest Director. @Big G is your closest member representative if you’re down south, up north @jcgraves3 is the member representative for the Upper Willamette Valley.

To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).
Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey, an official checkin

Have been on T4R.org, EXPO, and MUD for years, mostly reading and dreaming

Our getaway car is a 16' 4Runner, hoping for more inspirations.

Chris

I am the Northwest Director. I am located in Northeastern Oregon. What part of Oregon are you in so I can put you in touch with your local member representative?

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
First I want to thank the members for providing an awesome collection of posts. I've done a fair amount of reading here.

We have lived on the Oregon coast for decades. We have always tent camped out of an SUV. Tents worked fine for 40+ years from USA coast to coast, Canada and Baja. We love backroads and primitive camping. I grew up in a camping family and spent 31 years with the USFS fire and law departments.

We retired in 2016 and bought a new LR4. We started camping more often and year round. We were roughing it more than we cared for. After a ton of soul searching we decided to get an off road type teardrop trailer.

We are loving it!
Hello David, welcome to the OB community. I see that you live on the Oregon coast and as I am the Southern Oregon Members rep I would be interested to know where on the coast you live? If you live on the Southern coast I would love to connect with you and perhaps give you more information on Overland Bound. Hope to hear from you.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello
1985 FJ60 (project) & 2013 Wrangler.
New to Southern California from Northern New Mexico
Camped and wheeled since a young kid but not sure if that counts as overlanding experience. Excited to be here!
Hello Robert, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi guys,

Anthony here
I'm out near phoenix az
I run a jeep cherokee with a m1101 trailer(custom rack and 23zero tent)
Ive camped many many times, and off roaded plenty, finally decided to combine the two into overlanding
Hello Anthony, welcome to the OB family.

Contributor I

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Bobby
Last Name
Theologis
Hi,

My wife, son, and dog love the outdoors. We live in Colorado and while we are experienced tent campers, we wanted to get into overlanding to be able to access more areas to hike and explore. I have a 2009 Honda Ridgeline (standard) and a 2021 High Altitude Trailers XT-50. Charles at Earthship Overland in Denver recommended this site to us. Very new to this, so open to feedback, recommendations, etc.

Thanks!

-Bobby

XT50.jpg

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi,

My wife, son, and dog love the outdoors. We live in Colorado and while we are experienced tent campers, we wanted to get into overlanding to be able to access more areas to hike and explore. I have a 2009 Honda Ridgeline (standard) and a 2021 High Altitude Trailers XT-50. Charles at Earthship Overland in Denver recommended this site to us. Very new to this, so open to feedback, recommendations, etc.

Thanks!

-Bobby

View attachment 207022
Hello Bobby, welcome to you and your wife and dog to Overland Bound. Looks like you have a great set-up.

Last edited:

DudeInTheFullSizeChevy

Rank III

Contributor III

Torrance, CA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Lewis
Member #

Hi everyone! Long time outdoorsman just getting into this exciting world of overlanding. I’m mainly getting into this so I can escape the monotony of city life in Los Angeles and enjoy some peace in the wilderness with my two kids with relative ease compared to the backpacking I’m used to.

I look forward to meet you all in the future!

I currently run a 2020 Chevrolet Silverado z71.

Attachments

fezzek

Rank II

Enthusiast II

USA
First Name
Martin
Last Name
Stutchbury
Hi everyone. Complete novice at overlanding, but I have done a lot of high altitude climbing and spent months at a time in a tent. Had kids, left all that behind (wife didn't like the risk associated to it) but am keen to get back into the outdoors, albeit without the risk. Tried camping in a tent a few weeks ago, I'm too old to be on the ground so it looks like truck camping is where I am heading - probably ease into it with over night trips, weekend trip and eventually extend it out to week long and longer trips (or permanently? when I retire?) and Ive had a chance to iron out the kinks in my setup.

First stop - time to buy a truck.

(located in Atlanta, but 50% of my time is in the bay area).

Martin

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hi everyone! Long time outdoorsman just getting into this exciting world of overlanding. I’m mainly getting into this so I can escape the monotony of city life in Los Angeles and enjoy some peace in the wilderness with my two kids with relative ease compared to the backpacking I’m used to.

Welcome aboard from Arizona!

DudeInTheFullSizeChevy

Rank III

Contributor III

Torrance, CA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Lewis
Member #

Welcome aboard from Arizona!
Thank you!

ryannuttall

Rank III
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Charleston, SC, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Nuttall
Member #

Hi all,

I’m Ryan from Charleston, SC. New to overlanding and in the process of setting up my truck. Looking to find a community to get into and go out on the trails with and setup camp. I’m 22 years old and work full time. I am looking for something to do on weekends off work and this is something I am very excited for!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Hello Kevin, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi everyone. Complete novice at overlanding, but I have done a lot of high altitude climbing and spent months at a time in a tent. Had kids, left all that behind (wife didn't like the risk associated to it) but am keen to get back into the outdoors, albeit without the risk. Tried camping in a tent a few weeks ago, I'm too old to be on the ground so it looks like truck camping is where I am heading - probably ease into it with over night trips, weekend trip and eventually extend it out to week long and longer trips (or permanently? when I retire?) and Ive had a chance to iron out the kinks in my setup.

First stop - time to buy a truck.

(located in Atlanta, but 50% of my time is in the bay area).

Martin
Hello Martin, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi all,

I’m Ryan from Charleston, SC. New to overlanding and in the process of setting up my truck. Looking to find a community to get into and go out on the trails with and setup camp. I’m 22 years old and work full time. I am looking for something to do on weekends off work and this is something I am very excited for!
Hello Ryan, welcome to Overland Bound.

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hi all,

Welcome aboard Ryan, from Arizona!