Launch Member

Contributor III

Orange County, California, United States
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Tejada
Member #

Hey everyone. My name Steven. I am from Orange County area. Reside in garden grove. I drive a 2019 Chevy Colorado. Very big on camping originally ground camping at developed campgrounds. Looking to begin my overland adventures. Can’t wait to meet some of y’all or all down the line.
Great choice of vehicle! Grew up a Chevy kid and got myself a 2019 Chevy Colorado too. It’s gotten me to places I would never thought I’d get to. Happy adventuring!!!

Been having fun with it. Done some light off-roading and now it’s just saving money to modify it little by little.

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

dlsilver

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Ewing, Mercer County, New Jersey, United States
First Name
Dina
Last Name
SilbernagelKrohne
Member #

Hi - I’m Dina and with my hubby Tom, we’re just starting to plan on outfitting our 2014 Nissan Armada. It’s stock already 4x4 with 33s but we’re planning on upgrading to all terrain tires in the same size. Other than that, we’re still figuring it out. Oh, and we’re in NJ.

Contributor II

Olympia, WA, USA
First Name
Bjorn
Last Name
Odinsson
Service Branch
US Army
Hello Fellow Land-Vikings!!
Live in the PNW, retired military, new to owning a truck and to over-landing. Purchased my 2021 Ram; "TANK", in March, and have did a couple things to it already (rack, and RTT).
Joined the forum to find out about more places to disperse camp here in WA. State, and maybe make a friend or two. :grinning:
Skol! ~ Son of the Norse

TANK picture.png

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Live in the PNW, retired military, new to owning a truck and to over-landing. Purchased my 2021 Ram; "TANK", in March, and have did a couple things to it already (rack, and RTT).
Joined the forum to find out about more places to disperse camp here in WA. State, and maybe make a friend or two. :grinning:
Skol! ~ Son of the Norse

View attachment 205398
Welcome to Overland Bound
Sorry for the generic reply, but I am currently on the US Continental Divide for a 21 day expedition. July 26 - August 14
Here are some links to help you get started.
If you need any local assistance you can contact the Regional Director who can also put you in contact with a Member Representative.
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Overland Expo - East in VA, Mountain West in CO, West in AZ
https://overlandexpo.com

Reactions: Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi - I’m Dina and with my hubby Tom, we’re just starting to plan on outfitting our 2014 Nissan Armada. It’s stock already 4x4 with 33s but we’re planning on upgrading to all terrain tires in the same size. Other than that, we’re still figuring it out. Oh, and we’re in NJ.
Sorry for the generic reply, but I am currently on the US Continental Divide for a three week Expedition. July 26 - August 14
If you need any local assistance you can contact the Regional Director who can also put you in contact with a Member Representative.
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone. My name Steven. I am from Orange County area. Reside in garden grove. I drive a 2019 Chevy Colorado. Very big on camping originally ground camping at developed campgrounds. Looking to begin my overland adventures. Can’t wait to meet some of y’all or all down the line.
Sorry for the generic reply, but I am currently on the US Continental Divide for a three week Expedition. July 26 - August 14
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!

View attachment 205384

View attachment 205385

2) Location (General area is fine)

North Central Illinois - where I-80 and I-39 intersect

3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)

2008 Hummer H3 Alpha, 1967 M416 military surplus trailer

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

Way back in the '90s I used to edit the Dodge pages on off-road.com. Never been a hard-core off-roader, but have had lots of fun over the years with a 1983 Dodge Ramcharger, a 2006 TJ, and, since then, my baby Hummer. Love camping and using a 4x4 to explore interesting and hard-to-reach places.

I put some videos of some of my adventures here:

I'm active in Illinois Overlanders:

I've been a guest in the forums for quite some time, and am a big fan of the videos - really helped my upgrade my gear and up my outdoor adventure game in general. Finally decided to pay for a membership to help support the community!
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Steven, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Shahn and Luci_Rado

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Dina and Tom, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Skol! ~ Son of the Norse

View attachment 205398
Hello Bjorn, welcome to Overland Bound. Thank you for your service.

Punk'n_Willy

Rank V

Advocate I

Macomb, Michigan, United States
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
My name is Jorden Rittenhouse! I’m an entrepreneur with my own screen printing business, I own a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ for my rig! My wife and I have been in a few trips but really eager to get out and meet a bunch of people and go on more adventures! Hope to see you guys on the road!!!
Hello and welcome to OB!

Punk'n_Willy

Rank V

Advocate I

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
What's up everyone.

The wife and I have always loved camping and being out doors. I recently traded for a 2010 Tacoma and after doing a little research decided we needed to start overlanding lol. we live in Northern Alabama and hope to hit the trails with the kiddos this fall.
Hello and welcome to OB!

Punk'n_Willy

Rank V

Advocate I

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran

View attachment 205384

View attachment 205385

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

Way back in the '90s I used to edit the Dodge pages on off-road.com. Never been a hard-core off-roader, but have had lots of fun over the years with a 1983 Dodge Ramcharger, a 2006 TJ, and, since then, my baby Hummer. Love camping and using a 4x4 to explore interesting and hard-to-reach places.

I've been a guest in the forums for quite some time, and am a big fan of the videos - really helped my upgrade my gear and up my outdoor adventure game in general. Finally decided to pay for a membership to help support the community!
Hello and welcome to OB!

Reactions: Shahn and lugantom

Punk'n_Willy

Rank V

Advocate I

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
Hello and welcome to OB!

Punk'n_Willy

Rank V

Advocate I

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
Skol! ~ Son of the Norse

View attachment 205398
Hello and welcome to OB!

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Hello my name is James West. I’m new to overlanding from the Denver area. I’m getting into overlanding to show my kids there is more to life then video games and YouTube. I drive a ram 2020 power wagon.
Welcome James!

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

From Montana, lived in Wyoming and now live in Northeast Colorado. I grew up on a ranch that did guided hunts and pack trips. I have been on fire crews, worked briefly as an EMT and contracted to the USFS as a packer. Moved on from most of that but my family and I still love the outdoors and do a lot of dispersed camping around us. I have a 1978 Ford Bronco that I am building for being more mobile so that we can get a bit further back from time to time, it's a work in progress. I also have a F350 that is capable but not ideal. My wife sold her Tacoma because my family outgrew it, and it had 285K miles. I've not been on any long term long distance trips but not opposed to it when life makes room, so for now we are weekend warriors and good with that. Look forward to sharing life's experiences with all of you. Thanks
Welcome Zac! Love the Bronco.

shaepa

Rank V

Advocate III

Colorado Springs, El Paso County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Shae
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Great choice of vehicle! Grew up a Chevy kid and got myself a 2019 Chevy Colorado too. It’s gotten me to places I would never thought I’d get to. Happy adventuring!!!

Been having fun with it. Done some light off-roading and now it’s just saving money to modify it little by little.
I highly suggest getting the rear shock skids from 589 manufacturing. Cheaper than having to replace the DSSV...

Napolito

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Arvada, CO, USA
First Name
Ricardo
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

1)Here’s my Ranger.
2)I’m in the Western Denver area
3) 21 Ranger FX4
4) I’ve been on a few trails around but not many.
I’ve been watching the Overland Bound YouTube for a few years but finally have a 4x4
My truck is still mostly stock. I just have a mild suspension lift and I’m waiting for some 255/80/17s to be delivered.

Attachments

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

View attachment 205384

View attachment 205385

Hello Tom, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your service.