Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello
What's up everyone.

The wife and I have always loved camping and being out doors. I recently traded for a 2010 Tacoma and after doing a little research decided we needed to start overlanding lol. we live in Northern Alabama and hope to hit the trails with the kiddos this fall.
Hayden, welcome to Overland Bound.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I’m not “new” but it’s been a while since I’ve been here. so I figured I’d start fresh. I just picked up a 2021 Tacoma TRD offroad. Let the mods begin(Slowly)
Welcome to Overland Bound
Some things may have changed since your last time on the forum, so hear are some links to get started again.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @OVRLNDER
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out the Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Howdy Folks! My names JT - pleasure to meet you!

1) My Taco is below
2) Location: Nashville TN
3) Rig: 2020 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
4) Overlanding Experience Background: 100% Newb

Little bit about me. I'm 38 years old and as a child, I grew up camping a LOT with my family but as I moved into adulthood, my career really took priority and has for the past 10+years. With the state of the world in the past year or two, I've had more time to think about what really matters to me and my family and decided it was time for change. I thought back to countless fond memories of my childhood when times were simpler and all we did was go off the grid to hang with family and camp in the woods. So I've been spending an ample amount of time exploring how I could get back into this outdoor lifestyle and separate myself from the matrix known as life lol. In December 2019 I purchased my first ever truck! for the soul purpose of hauling things so that I would no longer have to ask my father in law to borrow his truck when needed lol. Shortly after purchasing the truck, I stumbled across this thing called overlanding and immediately fell in love. I've stalked this community online from a far for a while now and love how everyone that I've come across are simply decent human beings that care for not just themselves but those around them and the environment.
With that said, next week I have an appointment booked to have a full Suspension upgrade installed including shocks, springs, leafs, UCA, CMC, etc... and am planning on my wife and I taking next Friday off for our first scouting trip to find some potential trails and camping areas that we could go to (Advice would be much appreciated here).
I would really be interested in getting to know our local community in the greater Nashville area as well for potential future trips

I have much more modding to do and a even more learning but am very excited to start this new adventure.

My Rig (aka Malcom)
View attachment 205173

25 random things about me...
View attachment 205174
Trailsoffroad.com

North40overland

Rank VII

Influencer I

Sugar Hill, GA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Nelson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRME413
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Welcome from North West Georgia!! Glad to have you as part of the Community! Hope to see you out on the trails.

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

North40overland

Rank VII

Influencer I

Sugar Hill, GA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Nelson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRME413
Howdy Folks! My names JT - pleasure to meet you!

1) My Taco is below
2) Location: Nashville TN
3) Rig: 2020 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
4) Overlanding Experience Background: 100% Newb

Little bit about me. I'm 38 years old and as a child, I grew up camping a LOT with my family but as I moved into adulthood, my career really took priority and has for the past 10+years. With the state of the world in the past year or two, I've had more time to think about what really matters to me and my family and decided it was time for change. I thought back to countless fond memories of my childhood when times were simpler and all we did was go off the grid to hang with family and camp in the woods. So I've been spending an ample amount of time exploring how I could get back into this outdoor lifestyle and separate myself from the matrix known as life lol. In December 2019 I purchased my first ever truck! for the soul purpose of hauling things so that I would no longer have to ask my father in law to borrow his truck when needed lol. Shortly after purchasing the truck, I stumbled across this thing called overlanding and immediately fell in love. I've stalked this community online from a far for a while now and love how everyone that I've come across are simply decent human beings that care for not just themselves but those around them and the environment.
With that said, next week I have an appointment booked to have a full Suspension upgrade installed including shocks, springs, leafs, UCA, CMC, etc... and am planning on my wife and I taking next Friday off for our first scouting trip to find some potential trails and camping areas that we could go to (Advice would be much appreciated here).
I would really be interested in getting to know our local community in the greater Nashville area as well for potential future trips

I have much more modding to do and a even more learning but am very excited to start this new adventure.

My Rig (aka Malcom)
View attachment 205173

25 random things about me...
View attachment 205174
Welcome Welcome!!! Glad to have you as part of the OB Crew!

North40overland

Rank VII

Influencer I

Sugar Hill, GA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Nelson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRME413
My name is Jorden Rittenhouse! I’m an entrepreneur with my own screen printing business, I own a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ for my rig! My wife and I have been in a few trips but really eager to get out and meet a bunch of people and go on more adventures! Hope to see you guys on the road!!!
Welcome to the OB Community! Man I had a 2000 grand cherokee back in 2000. What a great rig. It was Sienna red. On the top 5 of best vehicles I ever owned list for sure. I should have never sold it. I am jealous!

North40overland

Rank VII

Influencer I

Sugar Hill, GA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Nelson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRME413
Hello! My name is Ritsomveacheth Harry So, I am a Fire Captain at my local Fire Department in Brooktrails Ca. My rig is a: 2016 Ford F-150 Supercrew 5.0! I am a novice overlander. I absolutely love the outdoors and lately I have been traversing quick simple trails in my area in between my duty weeks. I do plan to officially do some overland camping after fire season. I look forward to hopefully meeting up with other members here! Life is about the adventures!
Welcome to the OB Community!! Great to have you!

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi I'm Jared! Just moved back to Chico after living in Denver for the last 5 years. Hoping to meet some fellow overlanders nearby and get out on some adventures!

- Rig: 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
- Overlanding Experience Background: Probably went on about a dozen or so trips throughout the CO rocky mountains over the last 5 years

View attachment 203582
Hello Jared, welcome to the OB community.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
My name is Jorden Rittenhouse! I’m an entrepreneur with my own screen printing business, I own a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ for my rig! My wife and I have been in a few trips but really eager to get out and meet a bunch of people and go on more adventures! Hope to see you guys on the road!!!
Hello Jorden, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
What's up everyone.

The wife and I have always loved camping and being out doors. I recently traded for a 2010 Tacoma and after doing a little research decided we needed to start overlanding lol. we live in Northern Alabama and hope to hit the trails with the kiddos this fall.
Hello Hayden, welcome to the OB family.

Contributor I

Kingston, New Hampshire, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Gillis
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hello all
Southern NH here
99 Wrangler going to mod , 2021 Wrangler due end of Aug
Novice to overlanding

lugantom

Rank III

Pathfinder II

Peru, IL
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Jagiella
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9PTL
Service Branch
USMC

StillofTruckandCabin.jpg

TraileratFiddleCamp.jpg

North Central Illinois - where I-80 and I-39 intersect

2008 Hummer H3 Alpha, 1967 M416 military surplus trailer

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

Way back in the '90s I used to edit the Dodge pages on off-road.com. Never been a hard-core off-roader, but have had lots of fun over the years with a 1983 Dodge Ramcharger, a 2006 TJ, and, since then, my baby Hummer. Love camping and using a 4x4 to explore interesting and hard-to-reach places.

I put some videos of some of my adventures here:

I'm active in Illinois Overlanders:

I've been a guest in the forums for quite some time, and am a big fan of the videos - really helped my upgrade my gear and up my outdoor adventure game in general. Finally decided to pay for a membership to help support the community!

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello Jorden, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB

View attachment 205384

View attachment 205385

Way back in the '90s I used to edit the Dodge pages on off-road.com. Never been a hard-core off-roader, but have had lots of fun over the years with a 1983 Dodge Ramcharger, a 2006 TJ, and, since then, my baby Hummer. Love camping and using a 4x4 to explore interesting and hard-to-reach places.

I've been a guest in the forums for quite some time, and am a big fan of the videos - really helped my upgrade my gear and up my outdoor adventure game in general. Finally decided to pay for a membership to help support the community!
Hello Tom, welcome to the OB community.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

View attachment 205384

View attachment 205385

Hello Tom, welcome to Overland Bound. Thank you for your service.

Last edited:

Luci_Rado

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Orange County, California, United States
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Tejada
Member #

Hey everyone. My name Steven. I am from Orange County area. Reside in garden grove. I drive a 2019 Chevy Colorado. Very big on camping originally ground camping at developed campgrounds. Looking to begin my overland adventures. Can’t wait to meet some of y’all or all down the line.

Attachments

shaepa

Rank V

Advocate III

Colorado Springs, El Paso County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Shae
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Hey everyone. My name Steven. I am from Orange County area. Reside in garden grove. I drive a 2019 Chevy Colorado. Very big on camping originally ground camping at developed campgrounds. Looking to begin my overland adventures. Can’t wait to meet some of y’all or all down the line.
Great choice of vehicle! Grew up a Chevy kid and got myself a 2019 Chevy Colorado too. It’s gotten me to places I would never thought I’d get to. Happy adventuring!!!