US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Just getting started in this world. Living in Colorado and keep telling myself "those mountains look great.....from way down here".

Name: Charles
Vehicle: 1995 Toyota 4runner
Skill: Beginner
Welcome Charles, I'm in Denver. Let's see your truck!

Reactions: Kent R

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Hey all! New to overlanding specifically but not too new to camping. My wife and I live in the Denver area and have been tent camping for several years but mostly in paid campgrounds or National parks and this year decided to do more dispersed camping. We bought our rig a few months ago, 2016 Nissan Frontier Pro-4x and have done a few mods to it so far to make it better for camping and dispersed camping specifically, like the roof top tent, a drawer I built into the bed, upgraded leaf springs, and some other odds and ends. Excited to be a part of the community.
Welcome Alyia! I'm near you, in Denver. Really nice setup and that tent looks big and comfortable! What brand is it?

NellyT77

Rank 0

Contributor I

Mooresville, IN, USA
First Name
Noah
Last Name
Elliott
Hello!
My name is Noah

New to overlanding but not new to camping or cars, so its only natural that I combined the two into a new hobby!

Located: Mooresville, IN
“Rig”: 2021 Honda Passport AWD (modifications planned for the near future)
Overlanding experience: is zilch.

Very excited to see where this hobby takes me and who I meet along the way!

Attachments

Iridium

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert CO: Ft. Collins Area

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

Hey all! New to overlanding specifically but not too new to camping. My wife and I live in the Denver area and have been tent camping for several years but mostly in paid campgrounds or National parks and this year decided to do more dispersed camping. We bought our rig a few months ago, 2016 Nissan Frontier Pro-4x and have done a few mods to it so far to make it better for camping and dispersed camping specifically, like the roof top tent, a drawer I built into the bed, upgraded leaf springs, and some other odds and ends. Excited to be a part of the community.
Welcome to the community! That frontier is going to treat you right, looking forward to seeing it out and about. What's your current comfort leve? we have a handful of trips in the planning stages, please keep an eye on Rally Point as more will be posted frequently :)

Iridium

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert CO: Ft. Collins Area

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

Just getting started in this world. Living in Colorado and keep telling myself "those mountains look great.....from way down here".

Name: Charles
Vehicle: 1995 Toyota 4runner
Skill: Beginner
Well we need to change that! those mountains look great from up top too! Whatever your skill level there's going to be something going on around here. keep an eye on Rally point and come say hi on the Colorado Roll Call thread, we have a fair number of active members out of Aurora.

Look forward to seeing you up in the mountains!

SeabeeVet

Rank IV

Advocate III

Freeport, Florida, United States
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Chastain
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy Veteran
Hello Overlanders,

My name is Adam and I have been intrested in overlanding for awhile, but felt like I needed a bunch of fancy equipment. I have always been into camping, but I really grew tired of all the places that most people go to pay to camp. I realized that even though I don't have all the fancy overlanding equipment I do have enough camping gear and a 4 wheel drive truck. So I decided it is time to get out there and work with what I have for now. I live in the North Snohomish County area of Washington State. So if anyone can recommend places in that area that would be great for my first outting I would love to hear from you.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey all, I’m Charlie my friends call me CJ (named after the Jeep)

Rig: 2020 Chevy Colorado
New to over-landing but I have a lot of off road experience and have been camping my entire life. Can’t wait to meet some people out there,Adventure on until then!
Hello CJ, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Overlanders,

My name is Adam and I have been intrested in overlanding for awhile, but felt like I needed a bunch of fancy equipment. I have always been into camping, but I really grew tired of all the places that most people go to pay to camp. I realized that even though I don't have all the fancy overlanding equipment I do have enough camping gear and a 4 wheel drive truck. So I decided it is time to get out there and work with what I have for now. I live in the North Snohomish County area of Washington State. So if anyone can recommend places in that area that would be great for my first outting I would love to hear from you.
Hello Adam, welcome to Overland Bound. Try trailsoffroad.com for local trails, I find their rating system of the degree of difficulty on the trails to be accurate.
Thanks for your service.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello!
My name is Noah

New to overlanding but not new to camping or cars, so its only natural that I combined the two into a new hobby!

Hello Noah, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Kent R and NellyT77

izzywolf

Rank 0

Contributor II

Central NJ, USA
First Name
Zachary
Last Name
Oakes
Hi everyone. My name's Zach. I'm an avid hiker, and formerly being a fabricator (never car-related though), have always been into nice rigs. Was introduced to overlanding recently, and got completely hooked.

Located in Central NJ (frequently commuting to Northern OH).

Don't have a rig yet for overlanding (I'm starting a welding business in the near future, thought I could go adventures with the truck too).

I am totally new to overlanding (though I've hauled with trucks and know how to weld, if that counts as any experience), and could definitely use some good advice on where to start!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi everyone. My name's Zach. I'm an avid hiker, and formerly being a fabricator (never car-related though), have always been into nice rigs. Was introduced to overlanding recently, and got completely hooked.

Located in Central NJ (frequently commuting to Northern OH).

Don't have a rig yet for overlanding (I'm starting a welding business in the near future, thought I could go adventures with the truck too).

I am totally new to overlanding (though I've hauled with trucks and know how to weld, if that counts as any experience), and could definitely use some good advice on where to start!
Hello Zach, welcome to Overland Bound. Start with a vehicle, whatever you have will work, just getting out and starting is all that you need to begin your memories. Glad you are here.

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

Hello Zach, welcome to Overland Bound. Start with a vehicle, whatever you have will work, just getting out and starting is all that you need to begin your memories. Glad you are here.
Welcome to the Team Zach,
I have to double up on what Izzywolf just said; Just getting out and starting is all that you need to begin with....

Urban2Overland

Rank III

Traveler III

Dorking, Surrey, England, United Kingdom
First Name
Gammal
Last Name
Rocket
Member #

Hi All overlanders

My name is Gammal 39yrs old. New to community I have a 99 Gen2 Shogun named JAM and Shar pei named Jazmin who is 3yrs old and my wonder girlfriend Fiona 38yrs . We are based in Surrey Dorking UK. But we are both originally from Birmingham UK

We are currently just finishing of our build and getting the last of it sorted. Our build in our back is is 100% us. We thought doing it ourselves would feel more accomplishing.
We hope to meet fellow overlanders and even plan trips away together.

Attachments

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi All overlanders

My name is Gammal 39yrs old. New to community I have a 99 Gen2 Shogun named JAM and Shar pei named Jazmin who is 3yrs old and my wonder girlfriend Fiona 38yrs . We are based in Surrey Dorking UK. But we are both originally from Birmingham UK

We are currently just finishing of our build and getting the last of it sorted. Our build in our back is is 100% us. We thought doing it ourselves would feel more accomplishing.
We hope to meet fellow overlanders and even plan trips away together.
Hello Gammal, welcome to Overland Bound.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Good morning all,
Excited to be a part of the group and I am outfitting a Tundra Crew Cab. I am from the Ottawa Valley Canada and excited to hit the trails when I complete my build as it is taking a very long time due to equipment availability. I am in the process of looking for the OVOR, checked on GAIA, facebook group chats, now this site, messaged gravel travel numerous times and no joy. Its like this trail is a nation secret as no one wants to share information.
Hello Eli, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello from Hudson Florida. Me and my family love to get outdoors and do a lot of camping. We do car camping some but are ready to do more self contained camping. I have a 2006 Jeep commander that have been slowly working on as our overland vehicle but still use as a daily driver for now. I'm looking for info about overland trailers. Love the concept but want to try and build from scratch or buy used and modify. Thanks to all that read this and lend thier two cents. Knowledge is valuable.. I have attached a pic of my project vehicle ready to be made into something more..
Hello Darrell, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey all, I’m Charlie my friends call me CJ (named after the Jeep)

Rig: 2020 Chevy Colorado
New to over-landing but I have a lot of off road experience and have been camping my entire life. Can’t wait to meet some people out there,Adventure on until then!
Hello CJ, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello!
My name is Noah

Hello Noah, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello Overlanders,

Hello Adam, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your service.