freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey Paul Drawhorn here from southeast Texas! My wife and I are recently retired and are going try out overlanding in my new 2020 Gladiator and Smittybilt RTT on a trip to Yellowstone and the surrounding areas. I’m hoping to get my wife hooked! I hope I can learn to use this forum too! I’m sure I’ll be calling for help. Lol
Hello Paul, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi everyone!
I’m Robert from Lawrence Kansas. My family (wife, 4 year old, 5 month old, and lab pup) have been primitive camping around Kansas since the pandemic. We are so excited to extend our journeys beyond this beautiful state. We’ve slated a 19 day trip to New Orleans and down to Miami, dotted w visits to friends and hopefully some adventurous camping.
We just sold our 2015 CRV which rocked in the car camping for us, and we’ve upgraded to a 2021 SR5 4Runner. Photo included is the beginning of a DIY shelf system. :)
I’m really looking forward to connecting with others, sharing and learning, and becoming more ready for the wild family adventure this summer.
Thank you!
Hello Robert, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi everyone,
I am Joey from La Quinta, CA. I have been camping and enjoying the great outdoors my whole life, but I am new to the overland experience. My last two vehicles have been a 2006 and 2019 Toyota Tacoma. I had plenty of fun with both trucks, but my wife says I am too old to be in a Tacoma. Now I have 2021 4runner. I look forward to building this 4runner up and learning as much as possible from the Overland Bound community.
Hello Joey, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Name ---- Zack Cissner
Location--- Chico Wa
Vehicles---Black truck--1984 FJ60 Landcruiser, currently doing a diesel swap
Blue truck--- 1991 HDJ81 Landcruiser, factory 3x and turbodiesel
Overlanding experience--- I would say moderate, The trucks dont get out enough, maybe 6k miles of camping trips in 7 years

View attachment 200281View attachment 200282
Hello Zack, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi, my name is Brian I'm from Sealand, Denmark. Total newbie to overland adventures, but not to the outdoors and camping also experienced boater.
Haven't got a rig yet still looking for something interesting to maybe build on.
Hello Brian, welcome to Overland Bound, remember to post pics when you get a rig, we all love to watch the build.

Michael1978

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Linn Valley, Linn County, Kansas, United States
First Name
Dirtroad
Last Name
Overland
Member #

Hey y'all! Mike Nelson here from Lacygne, Kansas. That's about 40 minutes south of Kansas City. I drive an 05 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Z71. I'm looking forward to meeting new people who have the same passion as me and seeing new places. It's an honor to be here, thank you!
Welcome to the OB crew Mike, I am one of the Kansas reps and look forward to meeting you out on the trails. If I can assist you in your Overlanding journey, please let me know.
Copy that Stanley. I appreciate you reaching out. I will definitely be in touch with you when the time is right. Looking forward to meeting you all and becoming a part of this overlanding family.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, my name is Brian I'm from Sealand, Denmark. Total newbie to overland adventures, but not to the outdoors and camping also experienced boater.
Haven't got a rig yet still looking for something interesting to maybe build on.
Welcome to Overland Bound Brian
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @WalkaboutKiwi
Your Regional Director is @Robert OB 33/48 for additional help or information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: Baba Brian Das

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone,
I am Joey from La Quinta, CA. I have been camping and enjoying the great outdoors my whole life, but I am new to the overland experience. My last two vehicles have been a 2006 and 2019 Toyota Tacoma. I had plenty of fun with both trucks, but my wife says I am too old to be in a Tacoma. Now I have 2021 4runner. I look forward to building this 4runner up and learning as much as possible from the Overland Bound community.
Welcome to Overland Bound Joey
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo West
About WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Name ---- Zack Cissner
Location--- Chico Wa
Vehicles---Black truck--1984 FJ60 Landcruiser, currently doing a diesel swap
Blue truck--- 1991 HDJ81 Landcruiser, factory 3x and turbodiesel
Overlanding experience--- I would say moderate, The trucks dont get out enough, maybe 6k miles of camping trips in 7 years

View attachment 200281View attachment 200282
Welcome to Overland Bound Zack
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, This is Bill form Santa Fe NM, just joining the forum. I am new to overlanding and looking to these forums to help out and ideas for beginning trips in northern new mexico. We're driving a 2016 4runner.
Welcome to Overland Bound Bill
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The Southwest Regions Member Representatives are @Prerunner1982 @Roots66 @freak4life
https://www.treadlightly.org/learn/online-courses/

Reactions: Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone!
I’m Robert from Lawrence Kansas. My family (wife, 4 year old, 5 month old, and lab pup) have been primitive camping around Kansas since the pandemic. We are so excited to extend our journeys beyond this beautiful state. We’ve slated a 19 day trip to New Orleans and down to Miami, dotted w visits to friends and hopefully some adventurous camping.
We just sold our 2015 CRV which rocked in the car camping for us, and we’ve upgraded to a 2021 SR5 4Runner. Photo included is the beginning of a DIY shelf system. :)
I’m really looking forward to connecting with others, sharing and learning, and becoming more ready for the wild family adventure this summer.
Thank you!
Welcome to Overland Bound Robert
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representatives to you in Kansas are @T. Stanley @adventure_is_necessary @Iwata77
Check out the Expo that will be in CO https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Baba Brian Das

Rank I

Member I

Kirke Såby, Zealand, Denmark
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Wirg
Member #

Hello Brian, welcome to Overland Bound, remember to post pics when you get a rig, we all love to watch the build.
Thanks, i sure will..

Baba Brian Das

Rank I

Member I

Kirke Såby, Zealand, Denmark
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Wirg
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound Brian
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @WalkaboutKiwi
Your Regional Director is @Robert OB 33/48 for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Thanks for the contacts

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Paul Drawhorn here from southeast Texas! My wife and I are recently retired and are going try out overlanding in my new 2020 Gladiator and Smittybilt RTT on a trip to Yellowstone and the surrounding areas. I’m hoping to get my wife hooked! I hope I can learn to use this forum too! I’m sure I’ll be calling for help. Lol
Welcome to Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Roots66
For your trip to the Rocky Mountain Region you can contact @Neal A. Tew the Rocky Mountain Regional Director

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I am a newbie from southwest Michigan.
I just retired and want to learn about overlanding.
Got myself a 2021 Landie Defender X 110 and,
to break it in, will drive it to California and back to
Michigan this June-July. If it does not fall apart,
I will then start overlanding.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland @James.Laidlaw

adventure_is_necessary

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Kansas

Traveler III

Bonner Springs, Kansas, United States
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Antes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZXA
Hi everyone!
Thank you!
Welcome to Overland Bound Robert
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representatives to you in Kansas are @T. Stanley @adventure_is_necessary @Iwata77
Check out the Expo that will be in CO https://www.OverlandExpo.com
@Rctonnie hey I'm up in Bonner Springs, not far from you. I have a 100 Series Land Cruiser and a 2013 Jeep JKUR. We should get together sometime

Reactions: Kent R and Rctonnie

tim.at.410

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Lake Oswego, OR, USA
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Walker
Member #

Hello , Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @jcgraves3 is your closest member representative.
To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).
Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound
Thank you for the information Mike. My father lived in Joseph for many years, I've spent a good bit of time out yourp
Hey Tim... My name is Tim and I also have a 2000 black LR Diso 2... just getting started with my modification, like center dif lock, suspension and tires... Glad to see another new Disco on here! I just joined and will into myself shortly. Would like to know what you've done to your rig so far, looks sweet!
Thanks Tim! What are the chances? I've rebuilt the top end( head gaskets, valve job, new upper intake manifold) replaced all the cooling hoses, new water pump, serviced the transfer case and diffs, upgraded the front prop shaft, new steering dampener and slapped a 3in HD terrafirma lift w/KO2 265/75/R16's. I have a flange kit for and new rear prop shift, ball joints, have new steering linkage on the way and really want to do the diff lock, but don't need it yet. Next stage is rack and RTT, electrical upgrades, then armor/winch. How is your rig running? They are gorgeous, aren't they?

evidentoutdoor

Rank II

Contributor III

Huntington Beach, Orange County, California, United States
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Ezell
Member #

Hey everyone! Excited to finally have joined this community!

• I live in Huntington Beach, Ca
• I have a 2012 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TX Baja
• I have been camping my whole life but just started Overlanding about 2 years ago and love it!

Attachments