Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Voth
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
Hi, I'm Tom and I'm in the Los Angeles area, just steps away from the Angeles National Forest. I've got a 2021 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E that I use mainly for work. I don't have to haul around much but a pickup helps a lot. It's comfortable enough that my wife is eager enough for us to take road trips in. I've had the itch to do some lite overlanding in the last year and think this is the perfect vehicle for us to do it in. Hoping to learn a lot from you all!
Welcome to the OB Community Tom!

Reactions: ThomasF and Kent R

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Voth
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
Hi all! So excited to be members and part of this community. We both grew up camping and fishing but are new to overlanding. We like the adventure and seeing new sights but not being hard on our rig, we do have to drive it home after all. Got an old Datsun that we fixed for the RTT. Works great! Our kids love to go out too.
Welcome! Datsun….that’s repurposing!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi, I'm Tom and I'm in the Los Angeles area, just steps away from the Angeles National Forest. I've got a 2021 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E that I use mainly for work. I don't have to haul around much but a pickup helps a lot. It's comfortable enough that my wife is eager enough for us to take road trips in. I've had the itch to do some lite overlanding in the last year and think this is the perfect vehicle for us to do it in. Hoping to learn a lot from you all!
Hello Tom, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: ThomasF and Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi all! So excited to be members and part of this community. We both grew up camping and fishing but are new to overlanding. We like the adventure and seeing new sights but not being hard on our rig, we do have to drive it home after all. Got an old Datsun that we fixed for the RTT. Works great! Our kids love to go out too.
Hello Terri, welcome to Overland Bound.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone! Steve here from Eastern Canada. Happy to be here and be part of the community. Looking forward to exploring all the trails of Atlantic Canada and sharing with everyone!
Welcome to Overland Bound Steve
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Roam Wild Overland
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Avominion

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

New Brunswick, Canada
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Hey everyone! Steve here from Eastern Canada. Happy to be here and be part of the community. Looking forward to exploring all the trails of Atlantic Canada and sharing with everyone!
Welcome to Overland Bound Steve
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Rome wild Overland
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Thank you! I may have connected with them already through Facebook... I’ll be sure to find them & reach out!

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
When you are in AZ the local Member Representative is @freak4life
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: SongDogOverland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound Tom
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo West
About WEST — Overland Expo®

Reactions: ThomasF

SongDogOverland

Rank V

Trail Mechanic II

Tucson, Arizona, United States
First Name
Terri
Last Name
Walters
Member #

Hello Terri, welcome to Overland Bound.
Thanks, look forward to linking up for some trips when we head south.
Terri

Reactions: Kent R

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi there. Hailing from south of Dallas, Texas, from a little town called Midlothian, the home of Chris Kyle.

I've got two Jeeps, a 2000 Wrangler TJ Sahara, and a 2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. I've never been overlanding, but dipping my toe in soon. I really just drive the Jeeps around the ranch for the most part, but my kids and I are headed for Ouray/Telluride and maybe Moab in the hopes of escaping civilization for a bit. I took the entire month of July off and we'll be spending the whole time away from home. I'm well set up for camping, so we're just going to use ground tents and nothing fancy while we're gone. I've got some nights booked in VRBOs, so the camping won't be for weeks at a time. I have 4 teenagers, 3 of whom are coming.

I just paid for a membership, and I think this might be my first post. I've been watching the YouTube videos for quite some time, and figured this would be a good bunch to have on my side when I start my adventure, clueless.

The only vehicle mods I will have for the trip is a winch, a couple lights, some Rotopax, a couple radios (KG5IED), and a couple interior things to help stash gear away.
Hello Tim (@username), welcome from Georgetown.

Like @Prerunner1982 said, I am your SW Region Member Rep for TX. Along with the other links he provided, there is also a monthly meeting for the Central Texas area. If you are ever in the area, we'd enjoy seeing you there.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Tommygun

Rank II

Contributor III

Apple Valley, Dakota County, Minnesota, United States
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Butera
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Tango
Hello, Everyone.

i drive a 2016 toyota tacoma TRD OFF ROAD 4X4. new to overlanding, but love the outdoorsand backcountrycamping. My wife and son will be joining me on this new adventure as a family. we are from Apple valley, MN.

Attachments

Last edited:

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, Everyone.

i drive a 2016 toyota tacoma TRD OFF ROAD 4X4. new to overlanding, but love the outdoorsand backcountrycamping. My wife and son will be joining me on this new adventure as a family. we are from Apple valley, MN.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @toxicity_27

Reactions: toxicity_27