Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hi everyone happy to be a member located in SW Oklahoma
Welcome from Tulsa Jodie!

@Prerunner1982 and I are your closest SW Region Member Reps so if you have any questions let us know.

If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

We also have an Oklahoma sub-forum for more local chit chat Oklahoma overlanders where ya at?

Reactions: Kent R

Ratbert

Rank 0

Contributor I

Palmer Lake, CO, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Currier
Hi, I'm John and live between Denver and Colorado Springs CO. We have a Jeep Rubicon JLUR that we've slowly been outfitting, ideally for a combo of overlanding and rock crawling.

We're the kind of people that head out to spend time in Dinosaur National Monument, but somehow end up on the coast of Oregon / California and doing insane trails in Moab on the way home.

Late summer we're getting an extremely capable off grid squaredrop trailer that we're hoping will allow us to go into more extreme areas for boondocking.PXL_20210501_014055991.jpg

mmssierra

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sierra Vista, Arizona 85635, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Mims
Member #

Hi, I'm John and live between Denver and Colorado Springs CO. We have a Jeep Rubicon JLUR that we've slowly been outfitting, ideally for a combo of overlanding and rock crawling.

We're the kind of people that head out to spend time in Dinosaur National Monument, but somehow end up on the coast of Oregon / California and doing insane trails in Moab on the way home.

Late summer we're getting an extremely capable off grid squaredrop trailer that we're hoping will allow us to go into more extreme areas for boondocking.View attachment 199674
Beautiful area to live! I used to live south west of Elizabeth, CO. It sounds like you will have a lot of adventures to share.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
New member!
Scott I’m from the PNW and currently live in Pendleton OR.
I’ve had a ‘98 Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ for several years. Love it and hope I never have to part with it.
I recently acquired a ‘97 GMC Yukon 4door and have just gotten started on its build. Both are pretty stock.Have added 2nd batteries.
Both go offroad and Backcountry with me frequently. We end up on forest service roads at least one or twice a week.
I retired early to care for my stepdad with severe dementia so it’s sometimes challenging and other times engaging for both of us.
I’ve got CB & GMRS in both. As soon as I get a license I’ll install a 2meter/70cm. I also have a SpotX I carry just in case.
cheers!

Hello , Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director.

To get your Amateur Radio License, check out www.WF7S.net they hold online tests twice a week. Online not your thing, contact testing@w7gra.org to schedule your in person testing in La Grande. Speaking of Amateur Radio, June 25th through June 27, the Grand Ronde Radio Amateurs will be hosting a public Field Day at Birdtrack Springs Campground. For more information on Field Day, check outhttps://www.overlandbound.com/event/grande-ronde-radio-amateurs-w7gra-summer-field-day-2021/

To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).
Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

SimplyLesa

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Witch Well, Arizona
First Name
Lesa
Last Name
NeSmith
Member #

Newbie here! I've been lurking around as a Guest for years because I kept waiting for my Jeep Wrangler dream vehicle... a year ago I got a Jeep...lol but a WJ! I've been part of the traveling, and camping RVing, Nomadic, off grid living since high school - a long time ago! I finally decided that being part of this community was important enough to put an emblem on the WJ. Aren't you all glad! (tic)
I'd love to connect with locals, other WJ owners and actually use some of the 4x4 capabilities of this rig...I already chase warm weather in it during winters in Arizona.
Keep it Simple,
Simply,
Lesa

TMundwiler

Rank II

Contributor III

Tumwater, Thurston County, Washington, United States
First Name
Tristan
Last Name
Mundwiler
Member #

Hello my name is Tristan. My wife and family are not new to the outdoors but new to overlanding. We purchased a Turtleback Getaway Trail after a short attempt at the RV life with lots of problems and less connection with the wilderness. We look forward to learning more through this community and can’t wait to hit the “road or lack of”!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Late summer we're getting an extremely capable off grid squaredrop trailer that we're hoping will allow us to go into more extreme areas for boondocking.View attachment 199674
Hello John, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello! I'm John, new to the overlanding world but have been an outdoorsy person and camper for many years. Just recently discovered this whole new type of adventuring.
Location - Maryland
Rig - 2019 Subaru Forester Sport (build in progress)
Novice to the off-roading/overland world
Hello John, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Newbie here! I've been lurking around as a Guest for years because I kept waiting for my Jeep Wrangler dream vehicle... a year ago I got a Jeep...lol but a WJ! I've been part of the traveling, and camping RVing, Nomadic, off grid living since high school - a long time ago! I finally decided that being part of this community was important enough to put an emblem on the WJ. Aren't you all glad! (tic)
I'd love to connect with locals, other WJ owners and actually use some of the 4x4 capabilities of this rig...I already chase warm weather in it during winters in Arizona.
Keep it Simple,
Simply,
Lesa
Hello Lesa
Welcome to the Overland Bound community
My name is Rich Anderssohn, I am your US Southwest member representative for Arizona
Here are some helpful links to get you started
U.S. SouthWest (AZ NM TX OK)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-routes-downloadable.29/?prefix_id=67
Map - Overland Bound
Welcome to Rally Point! - Overland Bound

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello my name is Tristan. My wife and family are not new to the outdoors but new to overlanding. We purchased a Turtleback Getaway Trail after a short attempt at the RV life with lots of problems and less connection with the wilderness. We look forward to learning more through this community and can’t wait to hit the “road or lack of”!
Hello Tristan, welcome to Overland Bound.

Techbrute

Rank I

Member I

Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area, TX, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Wilkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5IED
Hi there. Hailing from south of Dallas, Texas, from a little town called Midlothian, the home of Chris Kyle.

I've got two Jeeps, a 2000 Wrangler TJ Sahara, and a 2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. I've never been overlanding, but dipping my toe in soon. I really just drive the Jeeps around the ranch for the most part, but my kids and I are headed for Ouray/Telluride and maybe Moab in the hopes of escaping civilization for a bit. I took the entire month of July off and we'll be spending the whole time away from home. I'm well set up for camping, so we're just going to use ground tents and nothing fancy while we're gone. I've got some nights booked in VRBOs, so the camping won't be for weeks at a time. I have 4 teenagers, 3 of whom are coming.

I just paid for a membership, and I think this might be my first post. I've been watching the YouTube videos for quite some time, and figured this would be a good bunch to have on my side when I start my adventure, clueless.

The only vehicle mods I will have for the trip is a winch, a couple lights, some Rotopax, a couple radios (KG5IED), and a couple interior things to help stash gear away.

SnookSniper

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Seminole, FL, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Herman
Member #

Greetings from Tampa Bay, Florida! My name is Zach. This seems like a great forum with lots of information and helpful folks. I've been camping, offroading, hunting, fishing, and generally being outdoors for a long time now. I know a thing or two I can share, and I'm always eager to learn more. I currently drive a 2017 Forester XT Touring, mostly stock. It's a great fast tourer for the sugar sand forest roads here in Florida. Look forward to meeting up with and/or sharing thoughts with some like-minded folks. Cheers!

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Tim (@Techbrute ), welcome from Oklahoma. I see you are a ham as well. Feel free to jump on over to our communications section and be sure to check out our weekly Friday night net. If you don't have access to a repeater capable of connecting to the net you can use the Echolink app, many of us do.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. We have meet ups in the SA area so keep an eye out for the next one.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning.

I am one of the SW Region Member Reps, however @Roots66 is your Texas rep. If you have any questions let one of us know.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi there. Hailing from south of Dallas, Texas, from a little town called Midlothian, the home of Chris Kyle.

I've got two Jeeps, a 2000 Wrangler TJ Sahara, and a 2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. I've never been overlanding, but dipping my toe in soon. I really just drive the Jeeps around the ranch for the most part, but my kids and I are headed for Ouray/Telluride and maybe Moab in the hopes of escaping civilization for a bit. I took the entire month of July off and we'll be spending the whole time away from home. I'm well set up for camping, so we're just going to use ground tents and nothing fancy while we're gone. I've got some nights booked in VRBOs, so the camping won't be for weeks at a time. I have 4 teenagers, 3 of whom are coming.

I just paid for a membership, and I think this might be my first post. I've been watching the YouTube videos for quite some time, and figured this would be a good bunch to have on my side when I start my adventure, clueless.

The only vehicle mods I will have for the trip is a winch, a couple lights, some Rotopax, a couple radios (KG5IED), and a couple interior things to help stash gear away.
Hello Tim, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Greetings from Tampa Bay, Florida! My name is Zach. This seems like a great forum with lots of information and helpful folks. I've been camping, offroading, hunting, fishing, and generally being outdoors for a long time now. I know a thing or two I can share, and I'm always eager to learn more. I currently drive a 2017 Forester XT Touring, mostly stock. It's a great fast tourer for the sugar sand forest roads here in Florida. Look forward to meeting up with and/or sharing thoughts with some like-minded folks. Cheers!
Hello Zach, welcome to Overland Bound.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired

Hello , Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @Ubiety is your closest member representative.
To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).
Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound