Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone, my name is Albert Snodgrass. Location is Danville Illinois. Rig: 2017 Jeep Wrangler unlimited. I’m new to to the overland lifestyle. I was born in Sacramento, California. Raised in Placerville, Paradise, mostly in the mountains learned about nature while growing up. Now I’m going to get back to nature
Welcome to Overland Bound from El Dorado
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @geekhouse223
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Aaron (@Care_Under_Fire ), welcome from Oklahoma. There are occasional meet ups in the SA area, in fact there were two last month so keep an eye out in the Meet Ups link Kent provided.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

I am one of the SW Region Member Reps, so if you have any questions let me know.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello John (@Occultismechanicus ), welcome from Oklahoma. We do on occasion have meet ups in the DFW area so keep an eye out in the Meet Ups section that Kent linked.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

I am one of the SW Region Member Reps, so if you have any questions let me know.

Jamie_DoWerkSon

Rank III

Member III

Helotes, TX, USA
First Name
Jamie
Last Name
Watson
Member #

Sup errbody!!

My name is Jamie Watson & I’m from Helotes, TX. My current vehicle is a 2017 GX460. Been around camping & offroading for quite a while now. Not sure why I waited so long to join this community, but like they say “better late than never!”

Hope to see y’all on the trails!

Attachments

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Jamie (@Jamie_DoWerkSon ), welcome from Oklahoma.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. We have meet ups in the SA area so keep an eye out for the next one.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning.

I am one of the SW Region Member Reps, however @freak4life is your closest rep. If you have any questions let one of us know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

bryanr

Rank I

Contributor III

Arkansas, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
robinson
Hello,
I am a new member from Arkansas. My name is Bryan Robinson. My wife and I have always loved camping, but just upgraded to an Off Grid Trailer. This past weekend was our first trip with it. Absolutely love it, can't wait for the adventures ahead. Really glad I found this community, I have so many questions.

Attachments

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Sup errbody!!

My name is Jamie Watson & I’m from Helotes, TX. My current vehicle is a 2017 GX460. Been around camping & offroading for quite a while now. Not sure why I waited so long to join this community, but like they say “better late than never!”

Welcome from Georgetown. We used to live in Helotes long ago. Like when 1604 west was a 2 lane road ago. If you're ever in the area, we'd enjoy meeting you at one of our monthly meets.

Jamie_DoWerkSon

Rank III

Member III

Helotes, TX, USA
First Name
Jamie
Last Name
Watson
Member #

Sup errbody!!

Welcome from Georgetown. We used to live in Helotes long ago. Like when 1604 west was a 2 lane road ago. If you're ever in the area, we'd enjoy meeting you at one of our monthly meets.
Awesome! I’ll check with the wife to see if we’re available. Haven’t been up towards round rock in a long time!

Reactions: roots66 and Kent R

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello everyone! My name is Carolyn, I am a very new overlander from New Mexico. My rig is a 2018 Toyota Tundra double cab. It is still entirely stock with the exception of the tires which I have upgraded to BFG ko2’s. I’ve done several small trips over this last year but look forward to getting into some more technical stuff as time goes on.View attachment 197200
Hello Carolyn, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Kent R

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello Everyone!

I hope I am doing this correctly!? We just joined OB our number is 27195. We are very excited to be a part of the community. We love overland camping and exploring wilderness trails. We run a 2019 Chevy Colorado ZR2. We use it as a dedicated trail rig and so far we have almost 9k of adventure miles on the odo. We love nature, T.R.E.A.D. Lightly and really enjoy the opportunity overlanding gives us to spend time as a family (except Fudge, our bulldog, he hates camping, LOL). We live north of Atlanta, GA so we spend most of our time in the Chattahoochee National Forest, Pisgah National Forest and Cherokee National Forest. We love the mountains and camping up above the bugs and humidity. We run slow paced, stop at waterfalls, eat well (not OVRLNDX / Mama Bear well but we try) and are not looking to break our rig. We are always looking for groups to go with on adventures and other couples and families to team up with on smaller runs. I am an old Eagle Scout so being prepared comes with my background. Really looking forward to all the community has to offer and hoping to provide some value to other members along the way! We look forward to seeing you all out on the trails! - Mike and Beth
Hello Mike, welcome to the OB community. Nice looking set up. Looks like to me you have things pretty well figured out.

Reactions: Kent R and RobertM

RobertM

Rank III

Advocate III

Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Medina
Member #

Hi Everyone, My name is Robert i am a business owner in the digital marketing space and investor. Love animals, outdoors meeting like minded people non trivial conversions about life and business. Have been into overlanding since 8 years ago from San Diego California but currently live in San Antonio Tx. Just started to Build a new rig. 2020 Silverado 1500 if you in the area let’s connect.

Attachments

Reactions: roots66 and Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Sup errbody!!

Hello Jamie, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello,
I am a new member from Arkansas. My name is Bryan Robinson. My wife and I have always loved camping, but just upgraded to an Off Grid Trailer. This past weekend was our first trip with it. Absolutely love it, can't wait for the adventures ahead. Really glad I found this community, I have so many questions.
Hello Bryan, welcome to Overland Bound.

Kanakadventure

Rank III

Contributor III

Portola, CA, USA
First Name
Kainoa
Last Name
Peiler
Member #

Howzit!!
Rig: 2005 Toyota Tundra
Expert Level: Novice
Some info: Aloha all! Names Kainoa was born on O’ahu moved to Plumas Sierra a while back. Raised in the Sierras. Looking to make some friends (mentors), advice, and information. Love the outdoors just trying to gain knowledge to expand my future adventures. Look forward to getting to know you guys. Mahalo nuis!!

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hello,
Welcome from NE Oklahoma Bryan!