sweetcbb

Rank 0

Contributor I

Colorado
First Name
Caroline
Last Name
Baty-Barr
Hubby and I recently moved to the *Colorado* flatiron foothills after 23 years of wanting to live here! Youngest child will finish college in a year. We bought a hard shell rooftop tent and put it on our *2017 Subaru Outback* last May. *Very little* overlanding experience and our little Subie isn’t very tricked out but we yearn for the open road leading us to forest and water to relish in nature and just “be”. Hiking, hammock-time, writing...

Currently interested in any Outback cargo info / builds... I’d hire someone to help us out. Looking to have a couple of drawers the width of the cargo area which will raise the cargo “floor” height and then have the solar powered cooler on one side... Also looking for recommendations about how to find BLM land.

Thanks for being a community and welcoming newbies!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hello all,

My name is Frans and I live in The Netherlands. Although Europe is probably not the best part of the world for driving on unpaved tracks, there are still places where this is allowed. In order to thus enjoy avoiding the crowds I bought myself a 2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara XL-7 (2.7 litre petrol) in September 2019. That same month I took it to Spain for 2 weeks, hitting the back roads as much as I could.

That made me want to do more of this kind of travelling :innocent: I am now looking to improve the vehicle bit by bit, and maybe get myself a roof tent. I hope to learn from your experience, and perhaps read about some interesting destinations in Europe.

Regards,
Frans

View attachment 195534
Hello Frans,

Welcome to Overland Bound! Enjoy!

Hopefully, we will meet on some trails soon! For the time we cannot meet in person due to the C19 restrictions, we have a virtual OB Europe campfire. It takes place every 2nd week. Feel free to join if you like. Next one will be this Friday at 8PM CET!

You will find all details at the Rally Points page.

Looking forward to see you on Friday!

Cheers, Björn

Reactions: Kent R

Carnut

Rank II

Enthusiast II

The Netherlands
First Name
Frans
Last Name
Nut
Hello Frans en welkom hier op het forum,

Welcome to the Forum, but most of all welcome to the community.

If I can help with questions, and providing info I am happy to do so.

Just go to the Europe section of this forum to find more specific info about Europe.

You will find nearly everything on the forum in generall about Overlanding. So just dive in and have fun.

Join us also in the whatsapp group for Mid Europe and our Facebook page.

Facebook Groups

Europe Overland Bound

Enjoy your stay here and I hope to see you somewhere out on a track/event.
Kom zelf ook uit Nederland, dus mocht je wat willen weten kun je gerust mij vragen.

Greetings from Robert
Bedankt Robert voor de verwelkoming, I certainly will be going through the Europe section in detail, looking forward to learning from others and sharing experiences.

Kind regards,
Frans

Carnut

Rank II

Enthusiast II

The Netherlands
First Name
Frans
Last Name
Nut
Welcome to Overland Bound Frans.
Your Regional Director is @Robert OB 33/48 who lives in the Netherlands, he is a great resource for additional help or information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Hello Kent,
Thank you for the warm welcome and the hints!

Carnut

Rank II

Enthusiast II

The Netherlands
First Name
Frans
Last Name
Nut
Hello Frans,

Welcome to Overland Bound! Enjoy!

Hopefully, we will meet on some trails soon! For the time we cannot meet in person due to the C19 restrictions, we have a virtual OB Europe campfire. It takes place every 2nd week. Feel free to join if you like. Next one will be this Friday at 8PM CET!

You will find all details at the Rally Points page.

Looking forward to see you on Friday!

Cheers, Björn
Vielen Dank Björn,
Ich freue mich darauf, das Forum und deren Teilnehmer kennenzulernen !

Mit freundlichem Gruss,
Frans

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Glad to be on the Forum. Retired mechanical engineer. Using my 2017 Forester as a soft roader, mostly forest roads and fire trails in the Southeast. Have plenty of time now to learn what I need to know to get out into the forest or desert or wherever I can safely go with my mild rig. Baby steps first. Thanks for adding me!
Hello Roger, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
hello everyone!!
View attachment 195616
my location is Spokan,WA.
my rig is a 2015 xterra pro -4 an I have had her only for a month, lol till now, i was a happy co-pilot..1st off road rig for me..all my others have prefer pavement.. I have many things to learn about and with her !
and i have no true overlanding experience, but plenty of fun times exploring by myself and with our family lol love people, animals , local history,life, we have explored many things and ways .. ranging from whitewater kayaking, hiking, backpacking, car camping with our now 5 grown children , i have and still enjoy working road races, ..but miss our outdoor adventures and ready to explore and find new adventures in my trusty xterra-have not named her yet..exited to learn from and meet new friends!
Hello Solvejg, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hubby and I recently moved to the *Colorado* flatiron foothills after 23 years of wanting to live here! Youngest child will finish college in a year. We bought a hard shell rooftop tent and put it on our *2017 Subaru Outback* last May. *Very little* overlanding experience and our little Subie isn’t very tricked out but we yearn for the open road leading us to forest and water to relish in nature and just “be”. Hiking, hammock-time, writing...

Currently interested in any Outback cargo info / builds... I’d hire someone to help us out. Looking to have a couple of drawers the width of the cargo area which will raise the cargo “floor” height and then have the solar powered cooler on one side... Also looking for recommendations about how to find BLM land.

Thanks for being a community and welcoming newbies!
Hello Caroline, welcome to Overland Bound, try Gaia.com for. your maps desire. Also trailsoffroad.com for places to go locally, their rating system is spot on for degree of difficulty.

Reactions: sweetcbb and Kent R

FishLander

Rank III

Contributor III

Liberty Hill, Williamson County, Texas, United States
First Name
RJ
Last Name
Puran
Member #

Hello All! New member and super excited.
My name is Raj or RJ whatever is easiest. In my profile bio is my overlanding journey start. Super novice but am eager to learn, grow and get outdoors to have fun. I am fly fishing enthusiast which is what is the motivation for my overlanding start.
I decided to go with what I got right now which is a 2004 Ram 1500. I overhauled it a bit and will be upgrading a whole bunch more soon. Can't wait to get to know more folks! Attached is where I started with the vehicle and where it is today.

Thanks!

Attachments

Contributor I

Omaha, AR, USA
First Name
Johnathan
Last Name
Muncy
Member #

3.jpgHello Everyone, I am John. Here is a picture of My Rig.

Location: I am located in Omaha, Arkansas close to the Missouri Border
Rig: 2011 Jeep Wrangler JK
Overlanding Experience: I would consider myself new to overlanding. I have attended several events in the Midwest but mostly as a Vendor. I am the Owner of Long Creek Overland Apparel Company. I am not new to camping, or off-roading, I am new to combining the two for a whole new adventure.

I look forward to possibly meeting up with like minded adventurers in the area.

Todd32x

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

York County, Pennsylvania, United States
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Beckley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3THB
Service Branch
US Marine Corps
View attachment 195675Hello Everyone, I am John. Here is a picture of My Rig.

Overlanding Experience: I would consider myself new to overlanding. I have attended several events in the Midwest but mostly as a Vendor. I am the Owner of Long Creek Overland Apparel Company. I am not new to camping, or off-roading, I am new to combining the two for a whole new adventure.

Nice rig. Welcome to OB!

DMStrength1

Rank V

Explorer I

Athens, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Murray
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM4EDF
View attachment 195675Hello Everyone, I am John. Here is a picture of My Rig.

Welcome to OB John!

DMStrength1

Rank V

Explorer I

Athens, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Murray
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM4EDF
Hello All! New member and super excited.
My name is Raj or RJ whatever is easiest. In my profile bio is my overlanding journey start. Super novice but am eager to learn, grow and get outdoors to have fun. I am fly fishing enthusiast which is what is the motivation for my overlanding start.
I decided to go with what I got right now which is a 2004 Ram 1500. I overhauled it a bit and will be upgrading a whole bunch more soon. Can't wait to get to know more folks! Attached is where I started with the vehicle and where it is today.

Thanks!
Welcome to OB RJ!