Launch Member

Traveler III

Prince George, BC, Canada
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Riley
Member #

Hiii Guys! I Just Received my Overland Bound Emblem today i was so excited to see the package in the mail :)

This is the rig just outside Jasper, Alberta last year its a 2013 ford F150 pretty much stock for now. Looking forward to getting some outfitting inspiration and first on my list is a canopy to turn into a camper shell or bed rack with roof top tent. :)

20150821_184944.jpg

Peace and many happy adventures, over and out OB#2394

Scott Riggs

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tyler, TX, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Riggs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ5CSE
Service Branch
Army
Howdy from the Texas Hill Country.

"Abbi" is my 2014 FJ which has been kinda in limbo as I have been working overseas for a few years.

Heading home and hope to start a build on it....will need help and mentorship.
I had an awesome 2013 MT Toyota Tacoma which would go "almost" anywhere....now the FJ. We have always been outdoors people (camping, hiking, tubing) and enjoy the wheeling / off road community. Experience wise....I guess I would be an intermediate driver based on lots of sand and mud driving but not so much in rocky terrain.

Attachments

Reactions: Winterpeg and O.Dfj

O.Dfj

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Foothill Farms
Member #

View attachment 10477
Hello,

New member, Phil here. Just "badged in" last week, just waiting on it to arrive in the mail! Located in Northern Virginia (NoVA) and would love to know if there are any decent overlanding options people know of within the local area.

I daily drive an Army Green 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser. Besides some cosmetic changes, tires and wheels, and a LineX roof coating it is functionally stock.
(Previous was a white and black 2002 Nissan Xterra I called the stormtrooper.. see a theme here?)

I have no real overland experience besides liking to venture out on the road to go hiking/camping during blizzards while everything is empty and peaceful.
Nice to see another army green fj

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott Riggs

tcederwall

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Lafayette, CA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Cederwall
Member #

1) Lafayette, CA
2) "Ubaru" - 2006 Subaru Forester X (big plans for the future)
3) New to overlanding but love the outdoors (Yosemite is my second home), taking the road less traveled, and find new places to explore.

Attachments

Kelly

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Member Rep
Launch Member

Traveler III

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Hiii Guys! I Just Received my Overland Bound Emblem today i was so excited to see the package in the mail :)

This is the rig just outside Jasper, Alberta last year its a 2013 ford F150 pretty much stock for now. Looking forward to getting some outfitting inspiration and first on my list is a canopy to turn into a camper shell or bed rack with roof top tent. :)

View attachment 10650

Peace and many happy adventures, over and out OB#2394
Welcome!!!

Reactions: Travelatomoverland

GypsyTreker

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Hi Amy here. I go on my Gypsy adventures with my husband, Kevin and my two fur ball kids, Charley Brown and Lucy.
Vechicle: 2015 CrossTrek
Trailer: 2010 Runaway
Overland Exp: Fire roads count? :) Novice
Next Big Adventure: 3 month Alaska excursion May 2017

Love all the great info I have gleened so far....Thanks :)IMG_20161123_161654~2.jpg FB_IMG_1470512662836.jpg

Kelly

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Member Rep
Launch Member

Traveler III

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Hi Amy here. I go on my Gypsy adventures with my husband, Kevin and my two fur ball kids, Charley Brown and Lucy.

Love all the great info I have gleened so far....Thanks :)View attachment 10676 View attachment 10677
Hello Amy & Kevin! Welcome!

Reactions: GypsyTreker

AGNG55

Rank 0

Contributor I

Cerritos, CA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Ng
Member #

4Runner MT_04.JPG Hey everyone! I'm new to forums so learning as I go.

1) Hope the picture shows up, if not, I'll try again.
2) Los Angeles, CA
3) 2016 4Runner TE (stock)
4) Overlanding experience - Novice but really enjoy hitting the trails. Don't have fancy equipment to get me out of trouble...just a couple of MAXTRAX plus AWESOME buddies, with capable rigs, that are able to pull me out!

Looking forward to learning more about new adventures and modifications that I can do with the 4Runner.

Thanks!

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB

Love all the great info I have gleened so far....Thanks :)View attachment 10676 View attachment 10677
Welcome to the group Amy,

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
View attachment 10679 Hey everyone! I'm new to forums so learning as I go.

1) Hope the picture shows up, if not, I'll try again.
2) Los Angeles, CA
3) 2016 4Runner TE (stock)
4) Overlanding experience - Novice but really enjoy hitting the trails. Don't have fancy equipment to get me out of trouble...just a couple of MAXTRAX plus AWESOME buddies, with capable rigs, that are able to pull me out!

Looking forward to learning more about new adventures and modifications that I can do with the 4Runner.

Thanks!
Welcome to the group,

O4LandR

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
White
Member #

Service Branch
Navy
Hey All! I've been following the site and FB for a while and just realized in never joined the community. I call Tucson, AZ my homebase. I am in the beginning stages of my newest rig build, a 1994 GMC 2500 suburban with a 6.5L turbo diesel. It has been used as family transport for its first 22 years. Now I look forward to giving it new life as an overland rig. Happy travels! Bryan
burb.jpg

FrankR

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Chico, Ca
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Rebelo
Member #

Hey All! I've been following the site and FB for a while and just realized in never joined the community. I call Tucson, AZ my homebase. I am in the beginning stages of my newest rig build, a 1994 GMC 2500 suburban with a 6.5L turbo diesel. It has been used as family transport for its first 22 years. Now I look forward to giving it new life as an overland rig. Happy travels! Bryan
View attachment 10680
Welcome Bryan!!

KYTigerHawk

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Nicholasville, KY
Member #

HI
I'm Cassandra. Reside in Kentucky. Husband has gotten me (back) into the fun and addictive world taking the dirt path. We have been fortunate to have a Wrangler JKU and now this Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk. Our son has a Wrangler JK and our daughter wants to trade the SRX for a Renegade. We are still doing the normal life scene but we sneak out to the Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway (98miles of great trails and history) when we get a long weekend. Husband and I want to outfit our vehicles for more adventures but it's a slow process. I like to make things myself versus buying so I have to take my time and get it right.

The Cherokee has amazed us so far. We took it on a trail recently and other than my personal reservations and not knowing the car, it did a great job...even in the water crossings. Something about it being sealed up tight!! We have some youtube videos - just search DBBB or Jeep Cherokee, it should show up.

DBBB-Graffitti-1.jpg

Thanks agian..looking forward to learning more from this group. - Cassandra

Last edited:
Reactions: OffThaGrid1906

Bluefox

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Chino Hills
Member #

Hi all!
New member in Fullerton CA
I drive a 07 Blue FJ Cruiser. With a few mild mods. More to come for sure.
Used to have a 95 ZJ grand Cherokee
It truly doesn't matter what you drive.
Ive been off roading for a while, but newer to the California area and would love to get to know the area and the other members.
My wife, dog and I love exploring new and exciting places. And I am always up for a challenge.

Bluefox

Reactions: O.Dfj