Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone and Merry Christmas. Im from Pa north of Philly. Have a 2021 Tacoma. I know very little if anything about overland travel. What to learn and travel.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Wawa Skittletits
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone. I’m a brand new OB member. I’m starting to upgrade my 4runner and looking forward to being a part of the community.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @USStrongman & @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Fellow Overlanders,
We are coming from San Mateo County, Ca. Our rig is a GMC Canyon with a Four wheel Camper. We're still learning but have been up and down the Southwest, and up to Northern Canada.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hello Fellow Overlanders,
We are coming from San Mateo County, Ca. Our rig is a GMC Canyon with a Four wheel Camper. We're still learning but have been up and down the Southwest, and up to Northern Canada.
Hi Raymond

Welcome! I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group had a big year with 7 trips and we are beginning to plan out 2021. Our next meet up will be January 10th, 1-3pm. Below is a link to the meet up page and thread with information.

This is the regular meet up info

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out

Reactions: Kent R

BlazeOurWay

Rank 0

Contributor I

Atlanta
First Name
Lori
Last Name
Zastrow
Hi OB Fam! I’ve been following you on IG and didn’t think to see if there was a forum. I love the places people post up and continue adding ‘must visit’ places to my list. Saw info for a meet up at Brasstown Bald in GA on Jan 2, and trying to plan a visit.

I’ve spent the last 2 years building out a Stewart & Stevenson M1078 into an overland vehicle. It’s a little bigger and not nearly as stealth as other rigs. Had the goal of taking this through Central and South America.

Looking forward to meeting like-minded individuals and having some adventures.

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

B1gFuzzy

Rank 0

Contributor I

Kingston, TN, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Horne
Hello i am Ben i live in east Tennessee Roane Co area.
I have a fair bit of experience of roading but new to overlanding.
I have a 1995 jeep cherokee xj.
Hopefully i can learn more about how tp find new areas to explore

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

Ol 3 Toes

Rank II

Contributor III

Fredericksburg, VA 22401, USA
First Name
Fred
Last Name
Kittle
Member #

Greetings everyone!

1. Pic to follow
2. Spotsylvania County, Virginia
3. 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited / Sahara
4. Pretty much a Newbie but tons of miles under my belt in all sorts of environments and conditions

Look forward to future explorations and maybe joining up on a group adventure.

Seabee126

Rank IV

Advocate III

Toano, VA, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Laguesse
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Navy
Greetings everyone!

1. Pic to follow
2. Spotsylvania County, Virginia
3. 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited / Sahara
4. Pretty much a Newbie but tons of miles under my belt in all sorts of environments and conditions

Look forward to future explorations and maybe joining up on a group adventure.
Hello, im located near Williamsburg, VA! Hope to see you out there!!

Reactions: Kent R

basics

Rank I

Contributor III

Oregon
First Name
Steve
Last Name
A
Hello out there.. :-) Steve here.
IMG_1909.jpg

2.Location: Columbia River Gorge, Oregon
3.Vehicle: 2005 Toyota Sequoia.
3.5 :-) Short vehicle history: Stock just purchased recently, added 265/70r17's Studded Goodyear Duratrac's from my sold FJ Cruiser, Traded it in. Then totaled my GX470. Other driver ran a stop sign broadsided me, while I was on a state hwy doing 55.
4.I use to belong to a few off road clubs, and also did some overlanding with a group of us. And family camping, hunting trips.
Looking for a future of less carnage possibilities, and more scenery, and camping enjoyment.
Also learning from others, and contributing in any way I can possibly help who like the same. :-)

OverlandYJ

Rank II

Contributor III

New York, NY, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Haralambous
Member #

Hello Overlanders,

My fiance and I are from NYC and over the summer we converted our 2007 Toyota 4Runner into an overlanding rig. We are now venturing throughout the states for the next 8 months visiting National Parks and other beautiful locations. We are very novice as coming from the city we did not have many opportunities to go camping but we are travelers and adventures at heart. We are glad to join this community to learn from other overlanders!

Attachments

Joe N.

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Granada Hills, Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Navarrete
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRMH637
Service Branch
US Navy
Hi All and Merry Chirstmas to everyone.

Joe from the San Fernando Valley, north of Los Angeles, CA.

I drive a 2018 Chevy Colorado Z71 4WD. Stock except for the tires but Santa got me some sliders and a skid plate - he knew exactly what I wanted!

I had some off roading experience with an old Chevy blazer in the high and low deserts of Southern California, back in the early 90s. I still consider myself a novice, though. I had a new family and a new baby daughter and had to put the toys away to raise her and take care of my family. Now, 22 years later, I am happily retired, daughter is out of school and I can play in the dirt again. So, I am a retiree, with a camera out to find interesting thing to photograph.

I am looking to meet other from the community.
Take Care, - Joe N.

20201216_111108.jpg

Traveler I

Bayfield, Bluewater, ON, Canada
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Vanderhaar
1994 Ford Bronco. Stock ride height, oversize tires. Plan is cut and turned beams, wide fenders, 37-39" tires for ground clearance. I'm a pick the line and go slow guy, not a throttle out one.
Experience: not a lot, most guys around here just mud run they're regular trucks. I'm not a fan of mud, I like abandoned roads and FSR, trails and the likeIMG_20201225_205405.jpg

Advocate III

King County, WA, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Aurich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WREY362
I started getting into offroad experiences 2 years ago with a 2003 Jeep Wrangler. It was going to be tough to go camping with and to bring my kids, so purchased a 2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon a couple months ago. I like some of the slightly technical trails, but really I just like to get out on the FS roads to interesting places. Planning to do some camping and travel with it this year.
Experience: I've car camped throughput my life, but never done vehicle supported travel with camping along the route. I have backcountry backpacked and have loved the outdoors my entire life. I'm looking forward to another extension of that experience.

- Brian A.

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I started getting into offroad experiences 2 years ago with a 2003 Jeep Wrangler. It was going to be tough to go camping with and to bring my kids, so purchased a 2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon a couple months ago. I like some of the slightly technical trails, but really I just like to get out on the FS roads to interesting places. Planning to do some camping and travel with it this year.
Experience: I've car camped throughput my life, but never done vehicle supported travel with camping along the route. I have backcountry backpacked and have loved the outdoors my entire life. I'm looking forward to another extension of that experience.

- Brian A.
Welcome to Overland Bound Brian.
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: outside.perception

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
1994 Ford Bronco. Stock ride height, oversize tires. Plan is cut and turned beams, wide fenders, 37-39" tires for ground clearance. I'm a pick the line and go slow guy, not a throttle out one.
Experience: not a lot, most guys around here just mud run they're regular trucks. I'm not a fan of mud, I like abandoned roads and FSR, trails and the likeView attachment 181193
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @ryancarman
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: ryancarman

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi All and Merry Chirstmas to everyone.

Joe from the San Fernando Valley, north of Los Angeles, CA.

I drive a 2018 Chevy Colorado Z71 4WD. Stock except for the tires but Santa got me some sliders and a skid plate - he knew exactly what I wanted!

I had some off roading experience with an old Chevy blazer in the high and low deserts of Southern California, back in the early 90s. I still consider myself a novice, though. I had a new family and a new baby daughter and had to put the toys away to raise her and take care of my family. Now, 22 years later, I am happily retired, daughter is out of school and I can play in the dirt again. So, I am a retiree, with a camera out to find interesting thing to photograph.

I am looking to meet other from the community.
Take Care, - Joe N.

View attachment 181178
Welcome to Overland Bound Joe.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Overlanders,

My fiance and I are from NYC and over the summer we converted our 2007 Toyota 4Runner into an overlanding rig. We are now venturing throughout the states for the next 8 months visiting National Parks and other beautiful locations. We are very novice as coming from the city we did not have many opportunities to go camping but we are travelers and adventures at heart. We are glad to join this community to learn from other overlanders!
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
When you are in NYC your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova. And on your trip you can reach out to any of our Regional Directors or Member Representatives to get you local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello out there.. :-) Steve here.
View attachment 181167

2.Location: Columbia River Gorge, Oregon
3.Vehicle: 2005 Toyota Sequoia.
3.5 :-) Short vehicle history: Stock just purchased recently, added 265/70r17's Studded Goodyear Duratrac's from my sold FJ Cruiser, Traded it in. Then totaled my GX470. Other driver ran a stop sign broadsided me, while I was on a state hwy doing 55.
4.I use to belong to a few off road clubs, and also did some overlanding with a group of us. And family camping, hunting trips.
Looking for a future of less carnage possibilities, and more scenery, and camping enjoyment.
Also learning from others, and contributing in any way I can possibly help who like the same. :-)
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning