First Name
Shelby
Last Name
Register
Member #

1) Picture! Done !
2) Location: Northwest Georgia, U.S.A.
3) Rig: 2014 Nissan XTerra - "Hooker Howie"
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Novice'ish. We have been overlanding before we knew what it was. Claim to fame: fording a river on the actual Oregon Trail.

Hi to all! Andrew and Shelby here! Feel free to drop by for a cold (or hot) one if you're in our area. ✌

Attachments

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

CG87

Rank I

Off-Road Ranger I

Pahrump, NV, USA
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Glasgow
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
None
Hello...been on here a few times in the past. Novice offroad with Jeep and overlanding. Prior US Army, know the Hmmwv, getting to know the Jeep. 2014 2Dr Rubicon...yeah 2Dr rigged for overlanding? Living out of our vehicle for the first 3 months of the war in 2003, I learned a lot about self sustainment and relying completely on our vehicle. As well as space management. I'm in Colorado in the Summer, and the Death Valley area in the Winter. I am a full time RV'er, but go on 5 to 10 day jaunts in the backcountry with the Jeep.

Attachments

Queco

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Marshalltown. Iowa
First Name
Quinten
Last Name
Guevara
Member #

2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Central Iowa
I have some knowledge of overlanding. I just recently got more involved myself. I’m always up for the adventure and look to build an awesome friendship with people.

Attachments

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Central Iowa
I have some knowledge of overlanding. I just recently got more involved myself. I’m always up for the adventure and look to build an awesome friendship with people.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Joe Hunt
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
https://www.treadlightly.org/learn/online-courses/
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
http://www.midwestoverlandfest.com/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi there! I'm new to overlanding and had been trying to digest the enormous information out there.
Rig: 2014 VW Touareg
Experience: Frequent camping on hwy 4 but none when it comes to overlanding, hence i'm here learning from you folks.
If you could narrow down your location a bit it would be easier to steer you in the right direction.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody, Central Valley @TOMB
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Here are all the meet-ups that might work for;
Elk Grove, CA
US West - Overland Bound Elk Grove, CA Meetup
Tri-Valley Livermore CA
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Central California Monthly Meet-up Ripon/Modesto area;
US West - Central California Monthly Meet Up
Visalia/Fresno CA
US West - Visalia Meet up
Bakersfield CA
US West - Bakersfield Meet Ups

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello...been on here a few times in the past. Novice offroad with Jeep and overlanding. Prior US Army, know the Hmmwv, getting to know the Jeep. 2014 2Dr Rubicon...yeah 2Dr rigged for overlanding? Living out of our vehicle for the first 3 months of the war in 2003, I learned a lot about self sustainment and relying completely on our vehicle. As well as space management. I'm in Colorado in the Summer, and the Death Valley area in the Winter. I am a full time RV'er, but go on 5 to 10 day jaunts in the backcountry with the Jeep.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
Telegram; OLB - Colorado
RM FB; Overland Bound - Rocky Mountain
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representative in CO is @the_runn4r
When you are in the desert you will be in the West Region and @Narbob is the Regional Director.
This November 13-15 we will be in the Mojave Preserve conducting a Trail Guardian Event. There will be a Rally Point posted soon.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
1) Picture! Done !
2) Location: Northwest Georgia, U.S.A.
3) Rig: 2014 Nissan XTerra - "Hooker Howie"
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Novice'ish. We have been overlanding before we knew what it was. Claim to fame: fording a river on the actual Oregon Trail.

Hi to all! Andrew and Shelby here! Feel free to drop by for a cold (or hot) one if you're in our area. ✌
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @rrjones2u & @Hank Outdoors
Tread Lightly | Online Courses

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all! I’m Alex and I live in Bozeman, MT. I’m new to Overlanding. I have a 2020 Tacoma TRD Pro w/ a Skycamp Mini RTT. I’ve been an avid hiker/backpacker for years, and I started overlanding to give myself opportunities to explore deeper and farther into the backcountry. I’m a Wilderness EMT and plan to join the county’s volunteer Search and Rescue team as soon as they start accepting new applicants (currently on hold due to COVID). I’m also General HAM (callsign K9ALE).

PS: My dog’s name is Abba, she’s a retired Military Working Dog who is finally figuring out how to be a pet. :laughing:
Welcome to Overland Bound Alex.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You might be interested in our weekly ham net;
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/ham-radio-weekly-net-2/
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Overland Bound - Rocky Mountain
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representatives to you are @Montana Carl & @WyOverland
https://tread-lightly.teachable.com/p/tread-lightly-youth-online-course

Reactions: WyOverland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all! Older member but new to the forums. Recently moved to So Cal from CO. Looking to explore the area more!
Welcome to the Forum.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: Smonroyy

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, I am new here just bought a 2020 4Runner TRD Off-Road Prem. I live in Wilmington NC and looking forward to exploring the coast here and further afield to the mountains. Also, just relocated from Scotland :-)

View attachment 169209
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @JRElaxED & @Zombie

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy!
I'm Steve, out of Cleveland Ohio. Rig is a 2017 Tacoma TRD Sport Manual trans. Just lifted it yesterday after purchasing off the lease. It's been off road a ton while leasing but now it's on to more serious ventures. A friend of mine and I run Tri State Overland and try to get out 1-2 times a month everywhere on the east side of the Mississippi, as we're based out of Ohio, PA and NY. Currently, the truck sits on a Dobinson's 3.5" front/3" rear lift and 33" Cooper ST MAXX tires, factory rims still because I like them. My experience is mostly local off road parks and easier stuff but now that the truck isn't a lease, I plan to tackle much more. This weekend, we're running DBBB and next year I have plans to travel out west to Colorado and Utah, maybe some California trips.

View attachment 169205
Welcome to Overland Bound Steve.
Good looking rig.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @James.Laidlaw & @Ohio Valley Overland

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hi there! I'm new to overlanding and had been trying to digest the enormous information out there.
Rig: 2014 VW Touareg
Experience: Frequent camping on hwy 4 but none when it comes to overlanding, hence i'm here learning from you folks.
Hi there! My business partner has a Touareg that he off roads with, he swears by it! Glad you said hello and welcome. I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Ripon CA there is a meet up on the third Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Central California group has number of plans already laid out for June through November. The next meet up will be September 20th, 1-3pm at Mountain Mike’s in Ripon.

This is the regular meet up info

www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com

Reactions: Kent R

UrsaMajor

Rank II

Traveler III

Los Angeles
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Mitchell
Member #

Hey everyone, Matt here. I came across Overland Bound on YouTube after researching gear and upgrades. I was born in the Bay Area but I’ve relocated to Torrance Ca in the South Bay. Working on my Ham Radio license. Hopefully soon! I can’t wait to build my dream overland vehicle. I look forward to getting to know everyone and learning from all of you (:

2020 Wrangler JL

Attachments

Grassfed_kettlebells

Rank I

Traveler I

Columbus ohio
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Toth
Member #

Hey good morning all,

Jim and Danielle here in Central Ohio the land of no overlanding. My Wife and I are in the process of upgrading a 2015 4runner Limited (we like the creature comforts). Plans are icon suspension, 35s on 17s, and the obvious armor upgrades. 11klb warn and a roof rack upgrade and tent.

I spent my 20s in Central Texas learning off road driving while serving in the US Army as signal corps soldier driving a hummer and a chubby battalion signal officer with a geology degree around looking for fossils in creek beds I built up a low budget bronco while in Texas.

Fast forward to our current state of the world, the wife and like many of you were looking for something to fill our time and check the boxes of solitude, self-reliance, adventure, cool gear and cool people.

Stumbled on Overland Bound on YouTube and her eyes lit up when she saw the families and wives and dogs and views! She told me lets do that! My whole heart almost exploded when I realized again that I married the right girl!

Glad to be a part of such a great resource. That this organization provides.

Thanks and I look forward to contributing!

Jim and Danielle

AKA grassfed_kettlebells

Daxzenus

Rank I

Member I

Haymarket, Virginia, United States
First Name
Dax
Last Name
Rodríguez
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hello, My name is Dax Kenneth but everyone calls me Daxster
I currently reside in Arlington VA
I am new to Jeep life and Overlanding
I am looking forward to learn from the Overland community and sharing what I can
Jeep Joe.jpeg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, My name is Dax Kenneth but everyone calls me Daxster
I currently reside in Arlington VA
I am new to Jeep life and Overlanding
I am looking forward to learn from the Overland community and sharing what I can
View attachment 169277
Welcome to Overland Bound Dax.
The Gladiator has been called the Swiss Army Knife of Overlanding.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @JRElaxED & @Zombie
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey good morning all,

Jim and Danielle here in Central Ohio the land of no overlanding. My Wife and I are in the process of upgrading a 2015 4runner Limited (we like the creature comforts). Plans are icon suspension, 35s on 17s, and the obvious armor upgrades. 11klb warn and a roof rack upgrade and tent.

I spent my 20s in Central Texas learning off road driving while serving in the US Army as signal corps soldier driving a hummer and a chubby battalion signal officer with a geology degree around looking for fossils in creek beds I built up a low budget bronco while in Texas.

Fast forward to our current state of the world, the wife and like many of you were looking for something to fill our time and check the boxes of solitude, self-reliance, adventure, cool gear and cool people.

Stumbled on Overland Bound on YouTube and her eyes lit up when she saw the families and wives and dogs and views! She told me lets do that! My whole heart almost exploded when I realized again that I married the right girl!

Glad to be a part of such a great resource. That this organization provides.

Thanks and I look forward to contributing!

Jim and Danielle

AKA grassfed_kettlebells
Welcome to Overland Bound Jim & Danielle
What a great story! Sounds like the overland life is going to be perfect for you guys.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @James.Laidlaw & @Ohio Valley Overland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi guys, stoked to be a member been checking out your web content for a while now. We live in Far North Qld come check out the Daintree Rainforest and Grest Barrier Reef some time.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @bjy10
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Tread Lightly | Online Courses