Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey, my name is Scott and I'm new here and to overlanding. But I've done a lot of long-distance road-tripping the last several years, and I love getting off the beaten path and seeing remote places most people never see.

Rig: 2018 Toyota 4Runner Offroad Premium w/KDSS - my daily driver that I'd also like to make a very capable offroad vehicle
Mods so far: Cooper ST MAXX 275/70R17

Mods I intend to make ASAP: RCI rock sliders, CBI front and rear steel skid plates, Front Runner full-length rack
Mods I intend to make soon: 2.5 - 3" lift (I'm thinking a Bilstein 6112/5160 setup with JBA UCAs)
Later: 33" - 34" tires (thinking 8.5" rims and either 285/70R17 for 33s or 295/70R17 or 285/75R17 for 34s)

My wife and I are hoping to find some good offroad trails in our area to get some more off-road experience, and some good overlanding trails within a few hours drive to get started on the journey.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Sounds like you are well on your way to having a very capable vehicle, one thing about the 4Runners is even with mods they make good daily drivers. And they look good doing it.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @JRElaxED & @Zombie
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
New member, I'm from the beautiful state of Washington and this is my 3rd gen 4runner, I take my wife and kids out to explore and camp in cool places and love going to new places.
Welcome to OB Hector! If you want to get out of the house Saturday morning for a run up and back on the North Fork road go checkout our local Rally Point event. There may be interest in camping for the night at the end of the run as well.

Welcome!

Reactions: Kent R and M Rose

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, I'm brand new here.
My name is Alejandro but everybody calls me Alito.
Rig: Cherokee Sport 1997 Jeep
Experience: Novice (experienced in my town, rookie worldwide)
Welcome to Overland Bound Alito.
The closest Regional Director to you for information is @brien
You would be surprised how many members there are in Mexico, you can use the member map to see who is around your area. If you need any help with this just contact me. @Kent R
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. Both of these pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone! I'm Robert and a new member here.

I'm slowly getting into 4-wheel adventuring after many years of motorcycle adventures. I currently have a 2006 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner, completely stock with the exception of decent AT tires. I've found it to be a decently capable truck, despite being two-wheel drive. However, my next truck will be heavily biased towards off-road ability. Right now, my adventures consist of family camping trips with the trailer, exploring local forest service roads and backroads. View attachment 166387View attachment 166388View attachment 166389
Welcome to Overland Bound Robert
Some great pictures there!
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; North State @Cottonwoody "Scott" also has a local meet-up you might be interested in.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: Squidhunter

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone! From Charlotte, NC. Totally new to overlanding! Have been wanting to get into it for quite some time now, and finally took the leap by adopting a 2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Sport. He's a good boy. I didn't get the offroad package because it was a bit out of my reach. I'll be installing a Retrax Pro XR, a bull bar, and trying to find the Yakima Overhaul HD anywhere is proving difficult. A lot of manufacturers have been affected by the human malware it seems. I'm looking at getting a hard clamshell RTT. Recommendations appreciated! I don't have anywhere to put a soft cover tent. This guy will be my daily vehicle, so everything needs to be locked down.

View attachment 166386
Welcome To Overland Bound
Good looking rig, we look forward to seeing the build progress.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @JRElaxED & @Zombie

Reactions: tbjers

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 166621
excited to be over landing with the family and our new rig.
Great looking setup.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Overland Bound - Rocky Mountain
The closest Member Representatives to you are @A-Aron & @Knitron

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all Joran here. I've done a bunch of motorcycle camping with my Goldwing and just getting into this with my '19 F-150 supercrew. I'm out here in redneck wine country known as Temecula in California. Still building her up as she's also my daily driver with work. Still making up my mind of ground tent/swag vs RTT. I'll be putting on a kb voodoo modular bed rack once it comes in but boy does the V8 sound great
Welcome to Overland Bound Jordan.
Redneck wine country thats a good one. I thought it was a horse show location mostly.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @FrankRoams (OC/SD)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New to the sight and to overlanding. My name is Adrian, and I just bought a 2017 4runner. I live in Lindsay which is in central cali. No mods yet, but that should be changing shortly. I currently do backpacking and fly fishing and wanted to add overlanding to that outdoors list. Hope to learn quite a bit on here.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your Central Valley @TOMB
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
There is a local meet-up you might be interested in.
Visalia/Fresno CA
US West - Visalia Meet up

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
From Southern Oregon and newer to overlanding by greatly enjoying it and have been wanting to start for awhile but Covid was just the push I needed. My rig is a 2020 Ram 2500 with a Cummins I’m building up. Full size diesel is required with my work and I can’t help but love these things.
Your Regional Director is @M Rose
There is lots going on in Souther OR, Mike Rose will hook you up with the local Member Representative.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
https://tread-lightly.teachable.com/p/tread-lightly-youth-online-cours

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New to the site and looking forward to doing a 1st short expedition next month. Seems like a great community can't wait to get out there.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @James.Laidlaw & @Ohio Valley Overland
http://www.midwestoverlandfest.com/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 166165
HI everyone
Pic is of my 2017 T4R TRDPro taken a few weeks ago on a week's long trip on the shores of Lake Ontario and St Lawrence River.
Caught the overland bug a few years back thanks to 2-week trip out into the Great Basin of NV and Northern Lake Tahoe with a bunch of buddies, sold the Harley and threw myself into it. The mountains were always my church so I'm excited for new adventures and to bump into a few of you out there.
Great looking setup.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @OVRLNDER

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, my name is Cipriano and I am located in the San Diego area. I just bought a Gladiator Rubicon and have been driving it since the beginning of July. I have little overlanding experienc but have already taken the rig on a couple overlanding trips. Looking to get some more info on cool places to overland in the western area of the US like CA, NV, AZ, NM, CO, UT etc
Welcome to Overland Bound Cipriano
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information he also just got a Gladiator and is starting the build. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @FrankRoams (OC/SD)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Everyone!

I'm Dale, I live out in Barboursville, Virginia.
Currently driving a 2017 Subaru Outback 3.6r almost stock (with a bunch of parts on order )
I have a little overlanding experience through friends, but this Subie is my first truly capable vehicle. I drove a Mazda 3 prior, and that thing got hung up on speed bumps!

Looking forward to being a part of this growing community.
Welcome to Overland Bound Dale
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @JRElaxED & @Zombie

The Roach ...

Rank IV

Member III

Frisco, TX, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
V
Member #

I hear you on the scratches but I drive a 88 Silverado so I don't worry much about that.:laughing:
put on paint protection film... or use some rubber spray when you go off-road... I just buff mine out when I get back... it takes a bit of time.. but Blue Jean Blue isn't too bad to buff out.

next time... get a white truck.. lol

Reactions: Kent R and Big G

Primeauxrover

Rank III

Member III

Johnson County, Kansas, United States
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Bowling
Member #

Hey EVERYONE! My name is Josh, originally from the Kansas City Kansas area but call Durham, NC home now. I have a 2008 Range Rover Sport that gets further along every day. As far as today’s Overlanding I am fairly new however I’ve been camping my entire life.

Here is a fun picture to start with!

Attachments

Reactions: Kent R and Iwata77

asummer

Rank 0

Contributor I

Georgia
First Name
Amanda
Last Name
Summerlin
Hey y'all! I live just north of Atlanta and my rig is a 2016 Jeep JK Rubicon. Sorry I don't have a photo of it right now. I'm building it out currently to be a little more self contained and in a couple weeks I'm headed west to Oregon, Washington, and Colorado for three weeks to see how well everything works. I've been backpacking and 'car camping' and riding FS roads for years and years now, so I'm not sure exactly where the line is between that and overloading, but if it's the build then I guess that makes me new. It's neat to see so many folks appreciating nature.