Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all,

I'm currently in Central, CA and have about half a year left to explore the area before moving east. Driving a 2019 Jeep JLUR, stock height, fully skidded and with a winch up front.

Became a member here to look for some suggestions for planning my cross country trip.View attachment 163003
Welcome to Overland Bound
If you could narrow down your location in Central CA it would help members get you local information.
Nice set up.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information
SoCal @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody, Central Valley @TOMB
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all,

Dave from Columbus, MS here. The family and I just moved here from South Carolina and now that I have more time on my hands I was looking to finally get into the overland scene. I have a 2017 Tacoma TRD off road. I joined the forum to try and learn some tips and tricks for exploring the area.

Thanks for having me,
Dave
Welcome To Overland Bound Dave
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Cwilli17
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.

Reactions: Dmcollins80

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hey all,

I'm currently in Central, CA and have about half a year left to explore the area before moving east. Driving a 2019 Jeep JLUR, stock height, fully skidded and with a winch up front.

Became a member here to look for some suggestions for planning my cross country trip.View attachment 163003
Great rig! Glad you said hello and welcome. I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Ripon CA there is a meet up on the third Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Central California group has number of plans already laid out for June through November. The next meet up will be July 19th, 1-3pm at Mountain Mike’s in Ripon.

This is the regular meet up info

www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My name is Patrick Daubert
Badge #17967
2016 Ram 1500
2011 KTM 990
I live in Rescue, CA
Welcome to Overland Bound Patrick.
Hopefully we will see you at the Sierra Foothills Overlanders meet-up next week.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody, Central Valley @TOMB
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

bdtryan

Rank 0

Contributor I

Mesa, AZ, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Thomas
Hey all,

My name is Bryan and I live in Mesa Arizona. Currently I have a 2006 Jeep Liberty, but soon I will be purchasing a full size 4x4 pickup that I want to turn into an overland rig. Mostly looking for trails in my are to explore as well as neighboring states to get started. Don't have a member number yet, but will soon. Hope to learn lots for you all.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Bryan (@bdtryan), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. We had a meet up in Gilbert prior to the pandemic, once things settle down hopefully that can get going again so keep an eye out.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Jawats2009

Rank I

Contributor I

Oklahoma, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Watson
Member #

Hello, my name is James. I currently live in Altus, OK. I drive a 2007 GMC Sierra 2WD. It's my pavement princess. Since I started getting into overlanding, it really has proved to be a good truck. My wife and I have two boys, and a third on the way, so we really try to take our boys out to enjoy nature and everything it has to offer.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello James (@Jawats2009), welcome from Navina, Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know. @Iwata77 is a Multi-Region Member Rep based out of Tulsa.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Hello, my name is James. I currently live in Altus, OK. I drive a 2007 GMC Sierra 2WD. It's my pavement princess. Since I started getting into overlanding, it really has proved to be a good truck. My wife and I have two boys, and a third on the way, so we really try to take our boys out to enjoy nature and everything it has to offer.
Welcome from So. Cal. What is is off-roading stuff like in OK? We are deserts and mountains, not much mud.

Jawats2009

Rank I

Contributor I

Oklahoma, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Watson
Member #

Hello James (@Jawats2009), welcome from Navina, Oklahoma.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know. @Iwata77 is a Multi-Region Member Rep based out of Tulsa.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.
Thank you for the info. That will come handy.

BrokeDown

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Hi everyone!

We are very new to overlanding, in fact, we haven't really started yet... I'll explain.

I still work a full-time job and won't be able to start our long adventure for a couple of years. For now, we will have to be happy with shorter trips.

We live full time in a motorhome and are spending most of the year (around 8 months) on our lot in Fort Myers, FL. We leave every summer and will spend 4 months parked in one location. This year, we picked Taos, NM.

We usually take a couple of week-long trips while we are away for the summer. This year, we spent the week of July 4th in Flagstaff and we are going to spend a week (mid-September) in Ouray, CO. We hope to ride a couple of the famous trails that are in that area. If anyone is around and would like to meet up, let me know.

We have a 2016 JKU Rubicon Hardrock that will soon have a 2 inch Mopar lift and 33 x 10 AT tires. The lift and tires are new, in fact, tomorrow we are picking the JKU up from the dealer that installed the lift and taking it to the tire shop. After almost 4 years, we will finally have a Jeep that is a bit more capable.

Our current plan is to outfit the Jeep for overlanding (kitchen RTT, etc). We also plan to purchase a fully loaded Turtleback Trailer. We think that using the Turtleback as a basecamp and doing day-long to week-long excursions to remote areas is the way for us to do it.

Once I retire, we would like to travel the Pan American Highway and then maybe Africa. Hopefully, the Turtleback is not a mistake. We are open to suggestions but I need to keep my wife happy and she likes to be comfortable.

Happy to be here.
BrokeDown

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone!

We are very new to overlanding, in fact, we haven't really started yet... I'll explain.

I still work a full-time job and won't be able to start our long adventure for a couple of years. For now, we will have to be happy with shorter trips.

We live full time in a motorhome and are spending most of the year (around 8 months) on our lot in Fort Myers, FL. We leave every summer and will spend 4 months parked in one location. This year, we picked Taos, NM.

We usually take a couple of week-long trips while we are away for the summer. This year, we spent the week of July 4th in Flagstaff and we are going to spend a week (mid-September) in Ouray, CO. We hope to ride a couple of the famous trails that are in that area. If anyone is around and would like to meet up, let me know.

We have a 2016 JKU Rubicon Hardrock that will soon have a 2 inch Mopar lift and 33 x 10 AT tires. The lift and tires are new, in fact, tomorrow we are picking the JKU up from the dealer that installed the lift and taking it to the tire shop. After almost 4 years, we will finally have a Jeep that is a bit more capable.

Our current plan is to outfit the Jeep for overlanding (kitchen RTT, etc). We also plan to purchase a fully loaded Turtleback Trailer. We think that using the Turtleback as a basecamp and doing day-long to week-long excursions to remote areas is the way for us to do it.

Once I retire, we would like to travel the Pan American Highway and then maybe Africa. Hopefully, the Turtleback is not a mistake. We are open to suggestions but I need to keep my wife happy and she likes to be comfortable.

Happy to be here.
BrokeDown
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
For the majority of the time you are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Cendee & @radwelder
In the Rocky Mountains our CO Member Reps are @the_runn4r & @Neal A. Tew. and in the SouthWest its @Prerunner1982.
You might contact the Southwest Director Brien Wankel @brien he is a huge Turtleback guy and loves to talk Turtle.

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey guys. I have a 98 Cherokee XJ. From Tampa, Florida. Not much experience overlanding yet but I go camping with my brother alotView attachment 163194.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Great looking rig, they are very capable overland vehicles.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Cendee & @radwelder

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all,

My name is Bryan and I live in Mesa Arizona. Currently I have a 2006 Jeep Liberty, but soon I will be purchasing a full size 4x4 pickup that I want to turn into an overland rig. Mostly looking for trails in my are to explore as well as neighboring states to get started. Don't have a member number yet, but will soon. Hope to learn lots for you all.
Welcome to Overland Bound Bryan
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982
There is an occasional meet-up in the Phoenix area that can be found on the meet-up page.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
My name is Patrick Daubert
Badge #17967
2016 Ram 1500
2011 KTM 990
I live in Rescue, CA
Welcome to Overland Bound, I am one of your U.S. West member representatives and if you have any question or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike or you can contact our Bay Area member representative @PapaDave. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Make sure and browse through the New member threads for some great information that will help you navigate the Overland Bound website. Also keep an eye on Rally Points and the member calendar, which will keep you up to date on upcoming local meetups, training opportunities and trail runs.

I look forward to meet you out on the trail or at a meetup, in the future.

Mike

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Hi everyone!

Happy to be here.
BrokeDown
You are over landing now! Maybe not in the truest form but living in a Moho and getting out for the summer is more than most. Welcome from CA. I am considering the southern half of the Pan- American then the east coast of So. America.