Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone!

My family and I are from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

We’re relatively new to the “overland” scene. We’ve wheeled off and on over the years but now just getting into vehicular based travel/camping and have been enjoying it and venturing out in the Canadian Rockies area. We’re heading off to Vancouver Island next month so hoping to do a bit of exploring there as well.

My rigs: 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP / 1992 Defender 110 CSW

Alan
Welcome to Overland Bound Alan
The closest Member Representatives to you for local information are @Montana Carl & @Sandpoint Steve
FYI, All Overland Expo shows in the US have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: drewneely

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Everyone!
Mike Miller from Hermosa Beach, CA
I'm on my 3rd 4Runner (had one Tacoma)
Currently driving 2016 4Runner Trail Premium Edition
It's my daily driver so its fairly conservative.
lifted with BFG KO2s
Baja Designs Fog Lights
Yakima Rack and megawarrior basket. (wish I had a platform.)
K&N Filter
emblem blackout kit
RSG Rock sliders
Optima yellow top battery

Work keeps me from doing a lot of overlanding, but I love getting out on the trails when I have some time. Also, do alot of outdoor adventures
with the family, but they aren't into the 4wd part as much. If I find a cool lake or some sort of attraction, I can talk them into driving in the dirt for awhile.
Best trip so far was a solo mission on the Mojave Road. Photo below is at 10,000 feet near Mammoth Lakes, CA

View attachment 162823
Welcome to Overland Bound Mike
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi I'm Stu I have been a software dev professionally for 25 years. Before that I was a software nerd hoping to travel and camp.
Right now I drive a Tesla Model 3 as stated as my "Overland" Vehicle. In the future I will be buying the Cybertruck and then I'm getting out and about with you all :) Profile pic is A stock Model 3 pic, I don't have a good one of mine available right now.

IF (Cybertruck!)
Go Overlanding
ELSE
Still go but stay on the roads.

Overland Experience: Novice
Previous vehicle: Toyota Sequoia 200x . I broke the front box thingy that lets you do 4 wheel drive. Limped home on 2WD.
Welcome to Overland Bound Stu
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information @FrankRoams (OC/SD)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I'm new to the forum - just checking things out at the moment

Attached is a picture of my 2010 Xterra. I've had lots of adventures at Land Between the Lakes in her!
I live in Nashville, TN so LBL is my default choice - I love the mid-300 trails there!
I grew up camping and have always driven whatever vehicle would get me out there! I started visiting more adventurous campsites in a Honda Civic so that's when I decided to upgrade to the Xterra. I've only upgraded tires to 33" BFG KO2s so far, with sliders and skids next on my to-do list.

My wife and I have done some dispersed camping near home. Last year we road-tripped from TN to AZ and back, which was awesome. We planned a road trip from Colorado Springs through Moab via the Rimrocker next month and we're still tentatively planning to go. I will be looking for more information in relation to that trip in the next few weeks.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Hank Outdoors Hank is based in Nashville and is a great resource.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good afternoon all,

My name is Mike and I have been camping my entire life and have a ton of outdoor experience but am completely new to overlanding. Really looking forward to making some connections and learning from the group. Hoping to learn about places to explore in the great lakes region cause if you watch YouTube everything is out west and seems really out of reach for me right now.

Right now I have a 2006 Wrangler which I am currently fixing some rust before putting some armor bumpers, winch and lights to make it a bit more prepared for off road. it already has a lift and tires.

My approach may be a bit nontraditional and maybe it's not even overlanding but with two teenagers and the limits of a two door jeep, my plan is to tow the vehicle close to trails and use as a base camp and then spend all day exploring in the jeep.

Here is my jeep as she looked last summer. (Editors note: it's not a Rubicon, that is a story for another time)
View attachment 162817
Welcome to Overland Bound Mike
Nothing wrong with that plan, gets you out and exploring that's all that counts.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland & @MTOutdoorsman
http://www.midwestoverlandfest.com/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 162815View attachment 162816 Hi everybody, my name is Glen. I'm 61 yrs old, divorced (2x,both cheated, must be my charming personality...loi), have 3 sons,7 grandkids. Lived, worked in PA all my life. Been my dream to "build" an off road truck my entire adult life, but life happens obligations/responsibilities. Now things have changed in the off road community, now overlanding is a large part of it and I fell in love with the concept of basically planning a trip, loading up the truck and go! I retire soon (AMEN!) so the goal is to "finish" the 4Runner and start doing just that and see this beautiful country we call home. IF I seem lost with even just using the forum, please bare with me, I'll get it hopefully before I croak..lol.
Welcome to Overland Bound Glen.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Wawa Skittletits
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Dmcollins80

Rank I

Contributor I

Columbus,ms
First Name
David
Last Name
Collins
Member #

Hey all,

Dave from Columbus, MS here. The family and I just moved here from South Carolina and now that I have more time on my hands I was looking to finally get into the overland scene. I have a 2017 Tacoma TRD off road. I joined the forum to try and learn some tips and tricks for exploring the area.

Thanks for having me,
Dave

Reactions: Kent R and Iwata77

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

sam gillis sounds REALLY fimilar
They are both big in the 4x4/Jeep world and are from the Mt. Olive area. Keith Bailey owns the Off Road Connection 4wd shop in Fultondale. If you have ever heard of the Petersen's 4 wheel and off road Ultimate Adventure, they are part of the "chronies" that have been on almost every one.
I don't know them personally but just from years of keeping up with the UA.

Reactions: Kent R

4Wheelexplorer

Rank V
Launch Member

Navigator I

Pasco, WA, USA
First Name
Bret
Last Name
Overbaugh
Member #

Hello all,
I’m Adrian, single dad of 3 awesome boys. Live in North Phoenix and run an Air Conditioning Recycling company.
Our current rig of choice is a 2011 Jeep JKU.
I work a lot but whenever we can we take off and explore all Arizona and now even up into Utah.
We have a decent setup and it works for us, I’m constantly updating it and making it fit our needs better. Hope to meet up with some of you all someday.
Welcome Adrian! You have some great areas to explore. Been a while since I was in that area but love the variety available.

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Hi Everyone!
Mike Miller from Hermosa Beach, CA
I'm on my 3rd 4Runner (had one Tacoma)
Currently driving 2016 4Runner Trail Premium Edition
It's my daily driver so its fairly conservative.
lifted with BFG KO2s
Baja Designs Fog Lights
Yakima Rack and megawarrior basket. (wish I had a platform.)
K&N Filter
emblem blackout kit
RSG Rock sliders
Optima yellow top battery

Work keeps me from doing a lot of overlanding, but I love getting out on the trails when I have some time. Also, do alot of outdoor adventures
with the family, but they aren't into the 4wd part as much. If I find a cool lake or some sort of attraction, I can talk them into driving in the dirt for awhile.
Best trip so far was a solo mission on the Mojave Road. Photo below is at 10,000 feet near Mammoth Lakes, CA

View attachment 162823
Welcome from San Dimas!!! Where was the photo taken?

xj_scuba

Rank 0

Contributor I

CA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Hanson
Hey all,

I'm currently in Central, CA and have about half a year left to explore the area before moving east. Driving a 2019 Jeep JLUR, stock height, fully skidded and with a winch up front.

Became a member here to look for some suggestions for planning my cross country trip.IMG_20200704_202026_252.jpg

4Wheelexplorer

Rank V
Launch Member

Navigator I

Pasco, WA, USA
First Name
Bret
Last Name
Overbaugh
Member #

Hey all,

I'm currently in Central, CA and have about half a year left to explore the area before moving east. Driving a 2019 Jeep JLUR, stock height, fully skidded and with a winch up front.

Became a member here to look for some suggestions for planning my cross country trip.View attachment 163003
Welcome to the group. There are planning boards for just what you are doing, check them out.

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Welcome Ceg,
I am the Northwest Regional Director. @PNW EXPLR is your closest member representative. If you don’t have your Amateur Radio License, bit are interested in getting it, the Kennewick BSOA is testing Sunday July 19th, more information can be found HERE. Space is limited so preregister ASAP.
I will let Mike D full you in what is going on in your neck of the woods.
Welcome once again to Overland Bound. I hope our trails cross some time in the near
Thank you for posting and for the info.

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Hi Ceg,
Welcome to the crew. I am very excited to gleen from your experience. I am fairly new to the PNW and have only scratched the surface.
Come over to the Tri-Cities Clubhouse and say hello. We are growing rapidly, and have a great group of family oriented members with a ton of passion for exploration.
Thank you for the post. I have been to many places in the Cascades within the Cle Elum and Naches Ranger Districts including state land adjacent. We also have been going to a few areas in Eastern Washington from the Cascades below I-90. I am looking to do some trips in Northeast Washington some day.

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

I'm new to the forum - just checking things out at the moment

Attached is a picture of my 2010 Xterra. I've had lots of adventures at Land Between the Lakes in her!
I live in Nashville, TN so LBL is my default choice - I love the mid-300 trails there!
I grew up camping and have always driven whatever vehicle would get me out there! I started visiting more adventurous campsites in a Honda Civic so that's when I decided to upgrade to the Xterra. I've only upgraded tires to 33" BFG KO2s so far, with sliders and skids next on my to-do list.

My wife and I have done some dispersed camping near home. Last year we road-tripped from TN to AZ and back, which was awesome. We planned a road trip from Colorado Springs through Moab via the Rimrocker next month and we're still tentatively planning to go. I will be looking for more information in relation to that trip in the next few weeks.
Welcome from Kingston Springs!
Feel free to hit me up with any questions.

Member I

Buena Park
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Pummell
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound Andrew.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Thank you I greatly appreciate it!!! Look forward to hopefully meeting some other locals and exploring.

England80

Rank III

Contributor III

Knoxville TN
First Name
Elijah
Last Name
England
Member #

Hello everyone!

My name is Elijah and I’m pretty new to “overlanding” I’ve been on off road trips but I wanna take it to the next level. My plans are to go out west in the fall in winter time!

My rig is a 1994 Toyota FZJ80 triple locked

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone!

My name is Elijah and I’m pretty new to “overlanding” I’ve been on off road trips but I wanna take it to the next level. My plans are to go out west in the fall in winter time!

My rig is a 1994 Toyota FZJ80 triple locked
Welcome To Overland Bound Elijah
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Hank Outdoors who is in Nashville.