Rank I

Member I

Pacifica
First Name
kevin
Last Name
powell
Member #

New member here, just picked up this pretty much done 94 Toyota fzj80 , 4x4 labs bumpers, Slee springs , air compressor plumbed, triple lock diffs with 4:88 gears, 37” with race line bead locks , lights all around, ham radio, rock sliders, inti roof rack, seems ready to go explore. High mileage motor, but runs good so far.

Attachments

MrTheKiller

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Norman, OK, USA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Valley springs! My friend a Jim owns a little thrift shop in town. Welcome! You’ve got 2 great meet ups not too far from you that @Magic Mike and @Kent R run. Welcome
Awesome! I cant wait to meet up with the Valley Springs folks! I moved here just about a year ago and we would love to get more involved

Reactions: Kent R and PapaDave

MrTheKiller

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Norman, OK, USA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Valley springs! My friend a Jim owns a little thrift shop in town. Welcome! You’ve got 2 great meet ups not too far from you that @Magic Mike and @Kent R run. Welcome
@
@PapaDave .... My fiance and I frequent the thrift shops in town, do you know which one it is?

Reactions: Kent R

Joshknepper

Rank II

Traveler III

Burnaby, BC, Canada
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Knepper
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VA7JXK
Welcome Josh to OB,
As @Kent R said, I am the Northwest Director and @Gabriel Bozeman is your closest Member Representative. We have several members up in Vancouver BC, check out the Member Map to find people close to you. Overland Bound Meetups/ Northwest and Western Canada offer plenty of opportunities to meet like minded members and trips.
Any questions, feel free to DM myself or @Gabriel Bozeman .

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound
Thanks Mike,

I'm still dealing with Map issues on desktop and iOS at the moment - I have emailed support and hope to get it sorted soon so that I can use these functions.

Cheers!

Reactions: Kent R

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey All! New here and new-ish to California. Previously I was big into the rock crawling scene but always had more fun with destination trips and camping. I am currently using my 1998 Silverado as my overlanding rig until I finish building my more dedicated 1974 Plymouth Trailduster with new tech. I live just minutes from the Sierra Nevada mountains and love the idea of being to explore the trails and dispersed camping.

Look forward to getting started with the new hobby!
Welcome to Overland Bound, my name is Mike and I am one of your U.S. West member representatives and if you have question or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Make sure to browse the the new member threads for some great information that will help you navigate the Overland Bound website. Also keep an eye on Rally Points and the member calendar for upcoming local meetups, trail runs and training opportunities.

I look forward to meeting you out there on the trail, or at a meetup.

Mike

Powellcoring

Rank I

Member I

Pacifica
First Name
kevin
Last Name
powell
Member #

Anyone up in the Pioneer area, in amador county. I have a place up there and wanted to do a little exploring off road. I’ve heard tiger creek rd by the pg&e power plant , up a little road, and it can be driven to bear river reservoir.

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

MrTheKiller

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Norman, OK, USA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Anyone up in the Pioneer area, in amador county. I have a place up there and wanted to do a little exploring off road. I’ve heard tiger creek rd by the pg&e power plant , up a little road, and it can be driven to bear river reservoir.
We are not far from Pioneer.... Lets get together and plan a trip

IwasShanghaied

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Toronto, ON Canada
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
DeKuyper
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE3KUY
Hi All: My name is Stephen and I am located in Toronto, ON.

I recently bought a 2020 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road. I have not had an opportunity to add any mods, but look forward to building it up.

IMG_2133.jpg

I have done a fair bit of driving and camping. My first major overland experience was a self drive that I did through South Africa, Botswana, Zambia and Zimbabwe with a rented Ford Ranger with roof top tent.

I look forward to meeting and learning from others.

Stephen

Last edited:

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi All: My name is Stephen and I am located in Toronto, ON.

I recently bought a 2020 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road. I have not had an opportunity to add any mods, but look forward to building it up.

View attachment 161108

I have done a fair bit of driving and camping. My first major overland experience was a self drive that I did through South Africa, Botswana, Zambia and Zimbabwe with a rented Ford Ranger with roof top tent.

I look forward to meeting and learning from others.

Stephen
Welcome to Overland Bound Stephen
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Roam Wild Overland
FYI, All Overland Expo shows in the U.S. have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: IwasShanghaied

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan .
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Reactions: HulseyFamily

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member here, just outside of Houston. Currently in the planning stage in building my 2015 Ram 1500. Overlanding experience has been novice trails/dirt roads in Colorado and New Mexico. Grew up camping so looking forward to branch out to more remote campsites.

Reece.
Welcome to Overland Bound Reece
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982
Your Regional Director is @brien for additional help or information.
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member here, just picked up this pretty much done 94 Toyota fzj80 , 4x4 labs bumpers, Slee springs , air compressor plumbed, triple lock diffs with 4:88 gears, 37” with race line bead locks , lights all around, ham radio, rock sliders, inti roof rack, seems ready to go explore. High mileage motor, but runs good so far.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Here to learn. Totally new to overlanding idea. 2015 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock and a 1948 Willy’s CJ2A. Guess which one will be the traveler!
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland
http://www.midwestoverlandfest.com/