Launch Member

Contributor III

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Brugioni
Member #

Well I doooooooo declare that’s a sweet looking rig!

I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for June through November. Our next meet up might be online again for May, but check out the forum thread and there’ll be regular updates there

This is the regular meet up info

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out
Why thank you, good sir, I must say your rig is looking pretty sweet as well!

Thanks for the info! I'll definitely start coming to the meetups, looking forward to seeing you there.

Reactions: Kent R and PapaDave

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Wow! Thanks, Kent! We’ll definitely have to get in touch with some of the “locals”. We would especially be interested in the clean-up in the El Dorado NF...when we’re able to head up north we’ll reach out. The trail is likely not too distant from our cabin off Hwy 50. Appreciate all the great information!

-D&D
The Long Canyon trail starts off of Silver Fork Rd south of Kyburz and goes up to Packsaddle pass then we leave through Strawberry. It usualy it opens in May and closes in November +-.

Here is the link to the Sierra Foothills Overlanders meet-up. We are also on FB.
Sierra Foothills Overlanders, Cameron Park CA
US West - Sierra Foothills Overlanders Monthly OLB meet-up/meeting.

If you have any questions you can email me at Kent@overlandbound.com or Sierrafoothillsoverlanders@gmail.com

• Love
Reactions: D&D

D&D

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Placerville, CA, USA
First Name
Deb
Last Name
Burton
Member #

The Long Canyon trail starts off of Silver Fork Rd south of Kyburz and goes up to Packsaddle pass then we leave through Strawberry. It usualy it opens in May and closes in November +-.

Here is the link to the Sierra Foothills Overlanders meet-up. We are also on FB.
Sierra Foothills Overlanders, Cameron Park CA
US West - Sierra Foothills Overlanders Monthly OLB meet-up/meeting.

If you have any questions you can email me at Kent@overlandbound.com or Sierrafoothillsoverlanders@gmail.com
Oh wow--our place is in Strawberry! Can't get any closer than that. One of our neighbor friends lives right off Silver Fork Rd over in Kyburz. If you head by Strawberry Station on your way out after a clean up day, say hi to Squirrel from Deb & Doug! Great folks there--they have a mean stock of IPAs and fun local wines.

Thanks again for the information--we'll be hitting you up when we head up that way! Sounds like a great trail. I'll have to take a peek at a map and see if it's one of the same trails we've explored already (we've only had our place in Strawberry just over a year, so still getting to know the area). Sounds like good times! Hope to have an opportunity to meet the group up there someday soon.

-D&D

Reactions: Kent R

Maggie1128

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
Maggie
Last Name
Donovan
Member #

That’s great maybe we can get together and do some trails together. Do you like overlanding?
I love overlanding. Just got my first rooftop tent and can’t wait to use it. Have you been any adventures lately with all the chaos going on today. Let’s keep it touch so we can get together as soon as we can

Maggie1128

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
Maggie
Last Name
Donovan
Member #

Sorry I hit post reply to soon. I’m trying to navigate my way around and figure out how to really make the most of this community. So far it’s great but I’ve downloaded the app and can’t seem to be able to login. Is anyone else having this problem too

David H

Local Expert Southern ID

Traveler III

Boise, ID, 83713 USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKQ684
Service Branch
U.S.A.F.
Hello everyone, my name is Chris. Just bought a 2019 Chevy Trail Boss. Very novice to overlanding. Looking for ways to get my family of 5 outdoors to see the country. Hoping to find advice on best ways and equipment to move my family around the country.
Welcome from Idaho Chris..

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
New guy here from Wyoming. Been adventuring for years on motorcycles. I just love the looks of the Overland rigs and I’m ready for more comforts than minimalist bike travel! My new wife and I will be out and about in my paid for 2011 Chevy Silverado. Hope to run into some of you guys!
Paid for is great!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Sorry I hit post reply to soon. I’m trying to navigate my way around and figure out how to really make the most of this community. So far it’s great but I’ve downloaded the app and can’t seem to be able to login. Is anyone else having this problem too
If you downloaded the app it was probably the old one and not the Beta test app. The old app is no longer supported and you will need to acess the forum using a web browser.

The new app should be out of Beta very soon.

Reactions: D&D

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone. New member from the south of Norway. My rig is a 2007 Jeep Commander 3.0 CRD
Not alot of mods as of yet other than ARB fridge and a trailer. Will add pictures as soon as I can.
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Polaris Overland for help or information. The closest Member Representative is @WalkaboutKiwi

Quick online Tread Lightly! online awareness course
Tread Lightly | Online Courses

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Glad to be here....THanks for all the great contributions from OB members

Cheers, Fitz
2004 Lexus LX470
Thousand Oaks, CA
View attachment 149836
Welcome to Overland Bound Fitz.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC) @DominicOB0158 (Inland Empire)

Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My name is Rob and I'm in eastern Missouri. My family has been overlanding for a few years now with our baby Jeep. Great adventure over most of Western USA
Welcome to Overland Bound Rob.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. https://www.overlandexpo.com/east
Overland Expo Mountain West is this August. Overland Expo Mountain West is this August.https://www.overlandexpo.com/mtnwest
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Paris0514

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Well hi there names Donald. I’m just getting into overlanding. Working off of a 01 4Runner and just slowly piecing it all together. I’m from Jax Florida and I’m super excited to be here
Welcome To Overland Bound Donald.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @radwelder

Overland Expo east is in October;
About EAST — Overland Expo®
https://www.treadlightly.org/learn/online-courses/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New guy here from Wyoming. Been adventuring for years on motorcycles. I just love the looks of the Overland rigs and I’m ready for more comforts than minimalist bike travel! My new wife and I will be out and about in my paid for 2011 Chevy Silverado. Hope to run into some of you guys!
Welcome to Overland Bound!
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Montana Carl
Your Regional Director is @Cendee for additional help or information.

Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®